PDA

View Full Version : astra 16v injectors???

mark_GSi
13-03-03, 10:41 PM
would astra 16v injectors fit d 1600 8v GTE???

would it make a diff??

got the following mods:

stage 4 head, inlet done 2 make, zorst manifold 2 :wink:
272 cam
vernier pulley
induction kit
4 branch manifold
full stainless zorst
rebuilt bottom end: new pistons, crank, rings, shells and full rebore
group n clutch

dont want TB as they cost 2 much and cant justify that kind of money at the mo :(

running out of mods
think it on par with me m8's cav sri (0-60) but want bit more power, gona get it chipped soon

ne1 else think of other mods??? (other than NOS :wink: )

mikeoxford
13-03-03, 11:37 PM
probly work yes as your adding more fuel

and ecu will read it as overfuelling and add more air in

i think it would work............

Stuart
14-03-03, 10:12 AM
since he hasnt got drive by wire how will the ecu add more air in?? blow it in itself?? lol

with the cams etc the engine itself will be drawing more air in, hence needing more fuel. now with std injectors (havent a clue about the flow rate on novas) if you need more fuel the duration must be increased, with higher flowing injectors the time wont need to be increased (as much), which means the injector wont be working as hard, therefore reducing wear.

appart from the duty cylce issue i see bugger all benefit from fitting slightly higher flowing injectors due to the fact your not going be revving at hurrendus speeds so your not going to run out of injector time.

larger injecotrs are only really needed with the proper turbo folk and the nutter N/A people

stugsi
14-03-03, 04:07 PM
i was looking at this months TV and there is a airfix gsi rally car and its said

fitting all of these parts (look at the pic) to a factory standard nova GTE or GSI and adding some selective welding to the bodyshell will CREATE one of the original giant killers of the rally world.

from the ASTRA 16-valve injectors to chassis strengthening plates passing the straight cut 'box and power steering rack on the way, the whole kit was as complete as it needed to be to survive the gravel of wales or the tarmac of scotland...

mikeoxford
14-03-03, 04:57 PM
Total Vauxhall, March 2003, Page 23

mikeoxford
14-03-03, 04:58 PM
just to be picky its a gte stu ;)

brian
14-03-03, 08:32 PM
Mark from what i have been told the best time to use the 2l injectors is when using a Gp A management system as in a Gp A rally car. this i think involves a new ecu or your own one remapped if its remappable. Might be wrong but thats what i heard

mikeoxford
14-03-03, 08:36 PM
possibility your spot on there brian as the pic also shows an ecu in the bottom corner..........

brian have you receievd your calender yet?

ive heard nothing?

brian
14-03-03, 08:37 PM
just after pm ya mike, no sign yet, what date did you send it?

mikeoxford
14-03-03, 08:40 PM
were both posting on ere same time we are PM'in each other!

brian
14-03-03, 08:47 PM
ya its wreckin my head!! :o
a well........ as long as we're happy! :lol:

mikeoxford
14-03-03, 09:20 PM
not too sure gsi mark will apreciate it though!

you have PM