PDA

View Full Version : XE cams in LET

Nova_Tek
20-10-09, 10:48 PM
I once recall reading that XE cams (inlet) in a LET can have good gains wth the correct timing adjustment.

Can anyone gen me up on this?

Is it true, what type of gains can be expected etc you get my drift.

[tried a search but didnt really have much luck]

let_nova
20-10-09, 10:49 PM
inlet cam retarded 7 deg can see gains of 10bhp i belive

Nova_Tek
20-10-09, 10:52 PM
Right so I did remember fairly correctly. Would this be a mild cam upgrade or considered to be fairly harsh? Don't want to reduce reliability or have any idle isues etc you get with fitting a harder cams

Spudly
20-10-09, 10:53 PM
Driveability was not affected in any negative ways iirc, i also read that article as the cav turbo they did it on was lush lol

Nova_Tek
20-10-09, 11:00 PM
Nice, so a decent mild upgrade. [add to parts list] :) [/add to parts list]

EDIT: +repped thanks. (let nova couldn't rep you mate doesn't gve an option)

brucer
20-10-09, 11:47 PM
Issue 76 of TV. The one with joffs nova in.

That cav gained 20bhp from it so aint a bad swap for something so cheap.

Nova_Tek
21-10-09, 10:46 AM
Such good gains expectable with a simple mod like that.

Does anyone have issue 76 of TV?

philip
21-10-09, 02:06 PM
ive got it somewhere, i could dig out, but just a vernier pulley and take it down the rolling road and get set up properly:thumb:

Nova_Tek
21-10-09, 02:17 PM
Cheers man, of course a RR would give best results due to being able to set it up properly. But I still hope you can get me a scan of that article, would like to read it. Got loadsa users tryna get me a scan lol http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132650

Nova_Tek
21-10-09, 03:56 PM
Well just read the article from TV (thanks Mayhem) and it was a good write up with plenty of info. XE cam in the let wth a half tooth retard sounds like a plan to me. Nice bhp increase and oodles of torque too

not having to keep the revs up as much to get back on the boost out of corners. When driving hard up through third and fourth gears, it now stays in the boost range when you change gear, whereas before it would drop below after the gearchange and pause briefly while it came onto boost again.

:thumb: