PDA

View Full Version : 1300 Inlet manifold flange..

matt_vaughan
20-10-09, 06:07 PM
I know there are ones available on eBay but can only find XE ones, so does anyone know if there is anywhere that do an inlet manifold flange for the 1300 8V engine.

Its for a bike carb manifold.

Otherwise I need to find somewhere that will cut one from a gasket. Anyone had one cut and how much did they pay?

Southie
20-10-09, 06:09 PM
PM Tom Reid he could probably make one up for you.

matt_vaughan
20-10-09, 06:10 PM
I've spoken to Tom about them before, unfotunately I need to make the whole manifold up myself as budget is very tight. Toms manifolds are very neat top notch jobs of which I cannot afford, however I need the welding practice anyway.

Southie
20-10-09, 06:20 PM
Just ask him to make the flange only. You could try bogg bros aswell for a price.

craig green
20-10-09, 06:55 PM
Demon tweeks???? They do flanges for exhaust manifiolds.

Failing that, try a laser cutter company (look in Yell), not mega cheap but you might be surprised how many you can get for their minimum cost, then sell he rest ont 'bay.

matt_vaughan
20-10-09, 06:58 PM
I've contacted a place in bradford about having something made up. Will see what they come back with.

mowgli
20-10-09, 07:59 PM
as the alternator & water jacket is also connected to the manifold, why not modify a twin 40 manifold?? they pop up on the bay for cheap money..

or just take a gasket to a local fab shop & ask them how much to blow one out of some plate....

grasser26
21-10-09, 01:39 AM
Hi-Could you cut the flange off a standard manifold and weld your inlet runners to it? Or is the standard manifold made of something that won't weld well? Whatever you do,bolt the flanges to an old head-or spare head when you're welding-it'll help to prevent them warping.

garyc
21-10-09, 08:15 AM
as grasser26 says, I'd cut a std manifold off then weld your tubes to that. The manifold turns nicely into the inlet port. unless your angles are right then you will have to shape that.

matt_vaughan
21-10-09, 09:38 AM
I've cut a standard manfiold up. They are ali IIRC and I dont have appropriate welding equipment for that.

Can anyone tell me what engines have round ports? Would be easier to make a decent enough flange myself on a round port head, but IIRC they are the injection models and if it's not an SRi head then not much use.

Southie
21-10-09, 10:10 AM
crash course in ports :d

Round ports - 1.6 GTE/GSI and 1.4 SRI (all MPI engines)
Square ports - 1.4 Carb and 1.4 + 1.2 SPI engines
Cathedral ports - 1.2 and 1.3 carb engines (cathedral means like a church window shape)

Found this from another thread :thumb:

matt_vaughan
21-10-09, 10:28 AM
Thanking you Southie/NBC/Novabikecarbless