PDA

View Full Version : Paypal account, access limited.

L14MNP
20-10-09, 03:57 PM
I've maxed out my account and need to add a bank account. Is there a way around this? I was quite happy with my Paypal debit card.

My original verified Paypal account used my bank details but it was blocked due to some d!ck head claiming not to have recieved an item (I forgto to send recorded!) and I refused to give him a refund. If I try to add it now I need to pay Paypal £20 admin charges. Fcuk that.

I opened a new bank account today, but it won't be accesible for 5-10 working days. I need money ASAP. I have over £300 trapped in the account and I need to pay for wheels I have bought on eBay lol.

I completed the verification process up to a point a few months back and it was happy not to have a bank account registered then, so what's new now?

What I am wondering, before I phone PP is can you add a bank account temporarily and then change it? I guess you should be able to, but we all know how awkward they make life!

projctnova
20-10-09, 04:07 PM
I had these problems because I had received too much money for my account type. I phoned them and they found a way round it so that I could pay for some items.

They required me to scan in my identity and a bank statement. This temporarily freed up my account but I still had to have the small credits put on my account to verify its mine.

Was a proper ball ache though!

L14MNP
20-10-09, 04:19 PM
Cheers mate. Yeah I had to that a while ago, agreed it was a fcuk on!
Think I'm best to ring them (again!) hopefully I'll get through to an Irish person and not a yank lol.

craig green
20-10-09, 04:47 PM
My guess is, if you do need to 'spend' that money you have trapped for an ebay transaction, they wont hesitate to 'let it through' so to speak.

I've found it a PITA not having it linked to a debit card, so have to send eCheques. Sellers dont like them much tbh.

Andy
20-10-09, 04:53 PM
Cos the cunnts always bounce thats why!! lol

Pistol Pete
20-10-09, 05:20 PM
I linked my bank account recently. All they do is pay 2 very small amounts into your acount (something like 8 pence) then you have to enter the codes next to the transaction details.

Was abit peeved at having to do this but then if i hadnt exceeded my limits lol.....i made the mistake of telling the misses. Through, went, roof/orbit and the, were words to descibe!!!

MK999
20-10-09, 05:21 PM
Was abit peeved at having to do this but then if i hadnt exceeded my limits lol.....i made the mistake of telling the misses. Through, went, roof/orbit and the, were words to descibe!!!

You didn't then make an amazing save by saying you'd sold a load of stuff and that's what you put you over the transaction limits? lol

Andy
20-10-09, 05:22 PM
what a mistake pete telling the mrs,mine likes to find my drunken transactions on a Saturday morning after i leave laptop on and the page still open lol lol

Pistol Pete
20-10-09, 05:24 PM
Biiiig mistake on my part!!

TBF i have sold a fair amount of stuff over the last 6-12 months which is probably part of the reason. She wasnt having it though.

Jon_nova1
20-10-09, 11:33 PM
I think you need to sort it when you've had 1k go in your account, i found out when i started mass selling lol

Ben
20-10-09, 11:51 PM
go careful liam as i too done that, had one account blocked so opened another for same reasons and they tied the two together and closed everything and i got a knock on the door by fraud squad for "money laundering"!

brainsnova
20-10-09, 11:54 PM
can you not send the money as a gift to a mates paypal.

Jon_nova1
20-10-09, 11:57 PM
go careful liam as i too done that, had one account blocked so opened another for same reasons and they tied the two together and closed everything and i got a knock on the door by fraud squad for "money laundering"!

What he said is rightlol its anti laundering measures, its less hassle sorting the problem rather than working around it

L14MNP
21-10-09, 11:51 AM
lol Yeah I know it's for anti-laundering. Also it's £1700 before it tops out, not a grand. This one's only been open around seven months lol.

I'll ring them today, I just think it sucks that you must have your bank account linked is all. As for the echeque thing, if the money is in your PP account then it never sends as an echeque.

Can't send as gift to another account either, all blocked at present.

I've been in a smiliar boar with them before, but I didn't care when there wasn't stuff to pay for lol.

PMSL @ Ben and the door knock! That's quality mate!

Lauren
21-10-09, 12:02 PM
Paypal are *******s though, they froze my friends account because he was selling loads of old bits and pieces from where he was moving home, and they froze it because he had too much money go in there. Fair enough I suppose, but it took weeks to sort it out.

L14MNP
21-10-09, 01:43 PM
Yeah, Lauren it can take ages to put right! It's sh!t the way you need to use them isn't it!

Just rang there and the hot sounding girl originally from California (nowt like befriending randoms to help you get somewhere) has submitted a request to have my old account unblocked so I can access it and remove the bank details currently still attached to it and use them on the new account. I bet all of this still takes over a week though. Can see the eBay wheel seller being p!ssed with me. :/ lol