PDA

View Full Version : General Advice

Paul
13-03-03, 08:52 PM
This may/may not be relevant to some people. However, when I turn on my ICE and don't have the engine running, the battery is a bastard and alwas goes flat. Hence why I carry jump leads EVERYWHERE i go. However, to solve this problem I have found to me what seems to be like the best invention ever thought of: A Solar Panel Battery Charger. Some of you must have seen them out there before. Basically you link it to your battery and when it gets enough light it will charge your battery. How cool is that?!? Whats better, you can park it under a street light at night and it will still charge. Mine is on my back parcel shelf, doesn't even look too out of place. I'm sure some of you will have one, but for anyone who doesn't and has the same problem as i had, seriously consider one of these. The best part about it? It costs ?30 and its something that won't drain your battery, it helps it! lol

Sorry if this was irrelevant for some of you.

Euan
13-03-03, 10:15 PM
sounds pretty cool, if it works!

whitey
13-03-03, 10:28 PM
Or dont be stupid enough to leave stereo on loud with engine off! Will KILL battery very quickly if you keep letting it empty!

Why not just spend the ?30 towards a power cap or better battery!?

ade
14-03-03, 12:18 AM
good point whitey.

I dont listen to cd when car off - for obv reasons - always find my alarm kills me battery if car stands for more than 2 weeks - then I can get into the fcuker! Need to climb in through the boot!

Solar panel would sort this out!

:roll: