PDA

View Full Version : front bumpa

SRking
13-03-03, 03:54 PM
can anybody go step by step how 2 get the standard mk2 bumpa off as i am used 2 the mk1 and i cant find a haynes manuel for it

Alex
13-03-03, 04:39 PM
take grill off first
push down black tabs under bonnet and pull. it should come out

2 bolts under each front wing

pull bumper

Ben (lurk75)
13-03-03, 04:39 PM
Pop the grill out, undo the bolts inside the engine bay. There may be some screws on the inside of the arches depending on model of car then just heave.

Alex
13-03-03, 04:52 PM
there is bolts in the engine bay? where? i haven't seen them on mine when i have taken the bumper off. (maybe they have snapped off or something :? )

Ben (lurk75)
13-03-03, 06:16 PM
sorry was thinking of the bumper i changed on my orion :oops:

ade
14-03-03, 12:15 AM
mk2 as follows

remove grill (4 clips that hold in onto slam panel) -
prise off the tabs that hold grill ends to the wings under the headlights (protect paint with cloth - use screwdriver)
Lift off

Undo 2 screws eithere side of wings holding edges of bumper on. Some SR bumpers have clips holding it to the arch also on the edge. Screns are 10mm - one at bottom and opne at top - can feel then prob under a ton of mud

look under the bumper - there maybe a serries of 10 or so clips holding the bottom of the bumper onto the underside of the front of the car - remove these

Now - you have a choice

You can either remove the 4 13mm bolts from within the wheel arch (on the engine bay wall) 2 both sides - which will prob be seaized and sheer off (as mone did) - or you can look down between the lights and the grill area and release the 2 12mm bolts that hold the carriage arms to the bumper chassis.

Mike reckons the latter is easiest - I prob agree although aint done it (yet)

Ade

Refit in reverse...

mikeoxford
14-03-03, 12:20 AM
Mike reckons the latter is easiest - I prob agree although aint done it (yet)

BELIEVE IT well was

?Marty?
14-03-03, 02:13 AM
Step 1 - purchase Hanes manual.

Step 2 - read relevant section.

Step 3 - follow it.

Alex
14-03-03, 11:40 AM
LMFAO :lol: