PDA

View Full Version : Speed kills!

Welsh Dan
18-10-09, 11:11 PM
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=137266

Ouch! :(

bmw156
18-10-09, 11:17 PM
thats pretty bad, the blood on the floor, and the door on the lamp post, indicates how high it was when it hit it :O and it must of been doing some.

edit, ok its not to high on the post, but still lol

Jim Mcrae
18-10-09, 11:18 PM
Its not the speed thats the killer, its the tool behind the wheel.

bmw156
18-10-09, 11:18 PM

its not speed that kills, its the sudden stop!

L14MNP
18-10-09, 11:21 PM
What a scene!

Nova_Tek
18-10-09, 11:23 PM
That's some amazing accident, the bad kind of amazing. This is the problem with some people whether they are experienced or not. They tend to think that being a new car it will handle whatever you throw at it and oh yeah it got a 5* Euro NCAP rating so in a crash I is ok.
Well NO.

Drive like a fool look like a fool. Such a shame that this sorta thing happens.

Spudly
18-10-09, 11:27 PM
What a sad and tragic waste, when will people learn, life is not a fcuking race, its too short as it is and the faster/more reckless you drive only shortens it, yes ive lost close friends in car crashes and seeing things like this only makes the pain worse.....:cry:

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
19-10-09, 12:11 AM
thats horrible a mate of mine's mate dies because his mate hit a tree and its just umbelevable

brainsnova
19-10-09, 12:18 AM
thats a real shame but its better to drive a fast car sensible and if you want to hammer it take it to the track and wear a helmet.

MattBrown
19-10-09, 12:19 AM
A close friend of mine killed his best mate! I was only about 10 at the time, but it's still not nice seeing a hard man reduced to tears!

mowgli
19-10-09, 07:19 AM
after my nephews crash in his landy, the cops told him they were lucky to not have seatbelts on, cos being thrown from the car is what saved them...........once a car is out of control, its down to luck & the scenery

LEWI007
19-10-09, 09:35 AM
Look at the state of the car, broken into 2.

i thought new cars were supposed to be safe ? i knew they werent because they are all made out of plastic crap.

Tidy Max
19-10-09, 09:57 AM
after my nephews crash in his landy, the cops told him they were lucky to not have seatbelts on, cos being thrown from the car is what saved them...........once a car is out of control, its down to luck & the scenery

im pretty sure i remember you posting up about when that happened, but still i wouldnt say it was 50/50 as to wether a seat belt would save your life or not, once a car is out of control, i would much rather have my belt on than not!

DAFTJOHN
19-10-09, 10:03 AM
It's sobering to see these pics - used to always wake me up when I had the bike just how easy it is to happen. I do tend to drive quick on the road but always a lot slower where there are no run off areas due to trees, lamp posts etc as if you hit then they don't give much = serious damage to car and you.

Be carefull as you can out there!

Nova_Tek
19-10-09, 10:30 AM
Look at the state of the car, broken into 2.

i thought new cars were supposed to be safe ? i knew they werent because they are all made out of plastic crap.

Dude they are safe but you have consider the conditions the cars are tested under during their crash tests. 40 mph head on, similar speed side impact etc

If you hit a padestiran at 30mph in a Nova the front bumper and bonnet being hard, it will probably injure them if they don't die. Now hit a padestrian in a new car with an NCAP 5* rating. The car is designed to be soft, flexible so it crumples at those speeds and absorb the impact. All these saftey devices help to stop you getting injured in those types of accidents but it's not a guarentee.

Read the test results and see how they test the car.
http://www.euroncap.com/tests/vw_golf_2008/338.aspx

Hit a tree sideways at 100mph+ and you'll be super lucky to survive mate. The saving point in all road accidents is the driver. Drive properly so you don't crash that's what'll save your life.

I read an article in a foreign paper yesterday which had an brand new BMW X6 loose control, fall into a ditch and roll many times over. It was in 1 piece but totally wrecked, you couldnt even tell what the car was. Just goes to show you could drive anything and still die. It was a father of two driving with the whole family in it, mum and dad died. Even long time drivers can sometimes surcome to trusting thier cars and have a lapse in judgement.

Everyone wants to go fast and have a bit of a thrill but just like gambling, you need to know when to quit.

General Baxter
19-10-09, 11:12 AM
Trees are THE reason so much damage is done. A mature tree has a huge root network anchoring it to the ground, so all the force of the impact is taken by the car and occupants. Lethal http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

did anyone think nick when reading that?

Jack
19-10-09, 11:43 AM
Next time someone wimbles in the insurance forum about young drivers having high premiums, I'm going to show them that thread. Young drivers, fronting (on dad's insurance), and speeding.

New cars are vastly safer than older ones, you can't contest that - try doing the same accident in a Mk1 golf and see what happens. As for the seatbelt/no seatbelt debate, I'd rather take my chances at being secured than flug around like a ragdoll. Your mate must have been lucky, as any copper I know would say "lucky you weren't wearing your seatbelt" then give him 3 points and a £60 fine for NOT wearing it LOL

MK999
19-10-09, 11:48 AM
Next time someone wimbles in the insurance forum about young drivers having high premiums, I'm going to show them that thread. Young drivers, fronting (on dad's insurance), and speeding.

New cars are vastly safer than older ones, you can't contest that - try doing the same accident in a Mk1 golf and see what happens. As for the seatbelt/no seatbelt debate, I'd rather take my chances at being secured than flug around like a ragdoll. Your mate must have been lucky, as any copper I know would say "lucky you weren't wearing your seatbelt" then give him 3 points and a £60 fine for NOT wearing it LOL

Given the amount of situations where you are actually better off wearing it against those where you're not I'll take my chances with, only really a good thing not to when the initial impact is just the start of something horrific. Hence why go karts don't have them, they like to flip over and land you on your head if you hit a kerb hard enough lol

L14MNP
19-10-09, 11:56 AM
Just looked back at the DW thread again. TBH I have no sympathy for the idiots in the Golf. Yeah the driver is to blame, but not wearing a seatbelt is inexcuseable. True they wouldn't have helped very much in such a severe side impact but it just goes to show the mentality of the lads as they didn't think they were required.

The only people I feel for are the lads families and those unfortunate enough to be first on the scene. Luckily no innocent members of the public were caught up in the accident!

Jack
19-10-09, 11:59 AM
Hence why go karts don't have them, they like to flip over and land you on your head if you hit a kerb hard enough lol
A go kart is small enough for you to easily be thrown free though, but you do wear overalls and a skid lid, same for a motorbike. You're not inside a cage being rattled around - put a lego man in a shoebox and shake it about if you want to see what would happen in a car accident with no seatbelt on lol

MK999
19-10-09, 12:02 PM
A go kart is small enough for you to easily be thrown free though, but you do wear overalls and a skid lid, same for a motorbike. You're not inside a cage being rattled around - put a lego man in a shoebox and shake it about if you want to see what would happen in a car accident with no seatbelt on lol

Well yeah that's another reason to not have them in go karts, but it's a circular argument of sorts, as if you are encased in some sort of protective shell, it makes more sense to stay in it and not be rattled around. Most go kart overalls do naff all for protection though really, and the fireproof coating on most washes out after 2 or 3 washes lol

L14MNP
19-10-09, 12:08 PM
...but you do wear overalls and a skid lid, same for a motorbike. You're not inside a cage being rattled around http://www.notes.co.il/erantamir/user/Bmw-2001-c1-small.jpg
Scooter + seatbelt + roof - helmet and leathers =
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/ScrambledEgg.jpg

Jack
19-10-09, 01:27 PM
=.... lunch? lol

Curtoise
19-10-09, 01:53 PM
this really annoys me seeing crashed like this, as everyone likes the thrill of speeding tbh, but the thing is when i start thinking about ragging the nova around some back roads, i think better of it, bear in mind i am only 17 and passed in may, and i was especially carefull after i passed as i know my driving experiance is limited and i know my limits and there not high atm and im not willing to risk it untill i get on a track! the thing is you dont know whats round a bend ect, could be a deer dog walker fallen branch or something,
i think its a lack of common sence, really annoyes me if they kill someone innocent coming the other way,
i have said it before and ile say it again roads are for transportation
tracks are for racing!

as for new and old cars, i would rather be in a new one if i was on a crash with my seatbelt on

L14MNP
19-10-09, 02:24 PM
=.... lunch? lol
Maybe
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/toetagger/graver/Dawn08.jpg

Mike
19-10-09, 03:58 PM
^ shaun of the dead?

On topic - no sympathy for the deceased, just for the family theyve left behind.

*before the flaming starts, i have friends that are dead from speed related accidents. An i have no sympathy for them either.

Pistol Pete
19-10-09, 05:47 PM
Part of me wants to shout fake...

The most important nut in a car is the one behind the wheel!!

mowgli
19-10-09, 07:58 PM
im pretty sure i remember you posting up about when that happened, but still i wouldnt say it was 50/50 as to wether a seat belt would save your life or not, once a car is out of control, i would much rather have my belt on than not!

when a landrover somersaults, the roof (which is still basically a 1950's design) simply crushes & the highest part left is the top of the steering wheel.. anyone left inside will be dead.. the police kept the road shut for 24hrs cos they were adamant that one or more of the occupants was going to die. all 4 are fine now.

jonn
19-10-09, 08:08 PM
their wouldnt be much of a nova left if it crashed like that golf

MK999
19-10-09, 08:09 PM
their wouldnt be much of a nova left if it crashed like that golf

Bet the clutch would still squeak though.

L14MNP
19-10-09, 09:27 PM
Bet the clutch would still squeak though.
PMSL