PDA

View Full Version : bonnet catch cable

novah108gly
17-10-09, 10:11 PM
just wondering if any of you no how to change the cable for the bonnet release? its inside the car where im struggling the actual lever the cables attached to:mad:

NovaBoi92
17-10-09, 10:16 PM
its pops out of the white handle, unscrew the bit that the cable is held onto the slam panel, unhook it from the catch then just pull it through, from outside the car. thats how i done mine :)

novah108gly
17-10-09, 10:27 PM
cheers but what about the bit the cable runs through after the it comes from that handle? sorry if i sound stupid its just that i need get it done for monday because its just failed mot on it

Jon_nova1
17-10-09, 10:37 PM
the white part? it pulls towards you, i had to "persuade" mine off, what did it fail on? defective bonnet release?

novah108gly
17-10-09, 10:46 PM
yhea i need to put a new cable on tommorow but im struggling to get it off i can get it off the white lever but then it runs trough a black peice!

Jon_nova1
17-10-09, 10:50 PM
no it doesn't lol

it goes to the bonnet catch, from there you unscrew the adjuster, then pull it through from inside the car and it will come through the firewall, the black piece may be the grommet it fits through

novah108gly
17-10-09, 10:52 PM
no it doesn't lol

it goes to the bonnet catch, from there you unscrew the adjuster, then pull it through from inside the car and it will come through the firewall, the black piece may be the grommet it fits through

think you must be on about a different car my novas not got no ajuster on the cable:confused: