PDA

View Full Version : Nova Mudflaps!

Matt
17-10-09, 07:13 PM
Any of you lot bid on these?

Saw these on ebay last week, thought hmmm, they'd be nice for the Ski. Waited until dismoring to put a bid in (knowing they'd go for a fair bit), but was horrified to see them rocket from £50 to £120+ in the last 10 seconds!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380165789346&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

For a set of mudflaps, that's crazy sh!t :eek:

Rysee
17-10-09, 07:24 PM
That's nuts, what about the ones with vaux, gm and opel on them, i got 2 sets for £20 new

wwmnw
17-10-09, 07:52 PM
Probably lucky you never got them, its for the right hand side only.

cormac81
17-10-09, 08:06 PM
Theres two pairs by the looks of it, I was watching them too but I think someone is taking the pee, surely no one would have spent that amount of money on them:confused:

twistysnovagte
17-10-09, 08:09 PM
pathetic!

wwmnw
17-10-09, 08:18 PM
Theres two pairs by the looks of it, I was watching them too but I think someone is taking the pee, surely no one would have spent that amount of money on them:confused:

There is two pairs, I was being pedantic lol £120+ for some mudflaps lol could have paid me £20 and I would have gone a nicked some off a car up my street.

twistysnovagte
17-10-09, 08:24 PM
could have paid me £20 and I would have gone a nicked some off a car up my street.also pathetic!

casanova gte
29-10-09, 08:43 PM
Yeah I bid on them and won them, had been looking six years for the ones with the correct square griffin for my 1989 GTE and as I am in Northern Ireland I dont get to attend the big vauxhall shows in england.

They arrived today and i am well pleased with them, yes i paid double what the vauxhall ones for a say an astra g would be, but they would not be period for my totally standard nova gte as it only as 15,000 dry miles on the clock from new i dont want to fit just anything to it. It has to be right, its all about the detail.

I had a full set with the later round griffin from a mark 2 but they would not look right on a standard earlier car in my opinion.

i was in england last month and the local vauxhall dealer had taken in a nova under the government scrapage scheme and he wouldnt even remove the mudflaps for me, so when i seen my chance i had to have them.

Im not that mad as someone else was still biding against me right up till the end time.

wwmnw
29-10-09, 08:53 PM
also pathetic!

Get ****ed wide boi. :p

casanova gte
29-10-09, 08:56 PM
Yeah I bid on them and won them, had been looking six years for the ones with the correct square griffin for my 1989 GTE and as I am in Northern Ireland I dont get to attend the big vauxhall shows in england.

They arrived today and i am well pleased with them, yes i paid double what the vauxhall ones for a say an astra g would be, but they would not be period for my totally standard nova gte as it only as 15,000 dry miles on the clock from new i dont want to fit just anything to it. It has to be right, its all about the detail.

I had a full set with the later round griffin from a mark 2 but they would not look right on a standard earlier car in my opinion.

i was in england last month and the local vauxhall dealer had taken in a nova under the government scrapage scheme and he wouldnt even remove the mudflaps for me, so when i seen my chance i had to have them.

Im not that mad as someone else was still biding against me right up till the end time.

craig green
29-10-09, 09:15 PM

That is just nuts, the scheme stipulates the bodyshells or engines must not go back on the road/get destroyed. We have had loads of nova parts from scrappage scheme vehicles from our local yard, Edd totally stripped the interior of a Swing right down to the dash & seat runners. lol

As for the mudflaps, the later ones (Astra G type) don't fit the rear bumper properly either, they hang at a funny angle because of the return lip on the bumper. Small details as you say..........

Pics of said car????????????

Pistol Pete
29-10-09, 09:23 PM
I too would like to see some pics of your car.

LEWI007
29-10-09, 09:27 PM
lol ive got a set of these mudflaps on my nova, they came with the car.

amggsi
29-10-09, 10:00 PM

He was also from Northern Ireland, but I sold him a set at the weekend for a good bit less!!!:thumb: lol

Your GTE isn't grey by any chance?