PDA

View Full Version : E16SE running problem...

stylesy451
17-10-09, 11:24 AM
when you drive the car the engine managment light comes on and it feels like the car gets restricted and then all of a sudden it just takes off and then it comes back. the car feels like it wants to go but somthing is stopping it but some times when you drive it its fine for like an hours drive then you could turn it off for 5mins and back on and the problem would be ther??? its starting to bug me. ive changed the water temp sensor and i think it made it a little bit better but i would of thought it would of either fixed it or not done anything. has any1 had this problem?? couple of people have said maybe crankshaft position sensor or oil pressure switch??? do novas have crankshaft position sensors?? can any1 help?

Damo
17-10-09, 12:12 PM
the e16se dosnt run a crank sensor only the c16se runs a crank sensor have you tried a throttle sensor.

gazsnova
17-10-09, 03:48 PM
have you flash read the engine ecu?? if not heres how to -http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/ then go to information, technical guides and then engine fault codes.
e16se engines do not have a crank sensor just to confirm damens input.
see what faults you got and update this thread. wil help more after

mowgli
17-10-09, 07:49 PM
mine occasionally puts the light on & runs crap, but as the revs rise it 'clears', the light goes out and it takes off, popular choice was the hall effect sensor... as it is intermittent, i am putting up with it.

Mattig Nic
17-10-09, 11:25 PM
lamda sensor.......my let started like that then steadily got worse....changed the sensor and it ran aok since!! read the codes tho...

mowgli
17-10-09, 11:49 PM
/\/\ e16se is pre cat.... so no lambda sensor..

stylesy451
18-10-09, 02:15 PM
right i finally got the codes sown and that i found hard lol but im getting

*_**
***_******
*_**

which i made out to be 12, 36, 12? which i think makes the code 36 but on the top buzz website it doesnt list my engine number and if i match it to the other engine code charts on the topbuzz website for the other engines that means its - incorrect RON/octane sensor meaning damaged RON plug or bad connection. but the E16SE does not have a cat so it cant be the octane sensor so how do i find the engine code list for my engine???

stylesy451
18-10-09, 10:23 PM
bump