PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag Suspension.....

red_devil
13-03-03, 08:48 AM
Has anyone been in a car with airbags...

How do they handle and how well do they work....

Would solve my ride height problem

whitey
13-03-03, 02:28 PM
Yeah most of us have been in cars with airbags! LOL!

As for suspension, stick to -60mm with shocks! (?200 ish) Or if you are rich get coilovers!

Breeny
13-03-03, 05:22 PM
Airbag suspension is a very much new thing in the UK, doubt anyone has been in a car with airbags.

Over in the Usa they've been doing it for ages, the UK is so far behind in car modifiying terms.

Chris LR
13-03-03, 07:10 PM
It's so new I haven't got a clue what your talking about?

Are we talking about a new version of compressed air suspension or something new?

Stick to leaf springs

Alex
13-03-03, 07:18 PM
Stick to leaf springs

right............
great fun to work with

Chris LR
13-03-03, 07:23 PM
Very easy to work with.

Alex
13-03-03, 07:28 PM
me and a mate made our own lowering kit for his mk1 ibiza leaf springs as no one else did any. It cost ?10 to lower the car 40mm :D . 2 aluminium blocks and 4 bolts 8) .

I hate leaf springs though.

Chris LR
13-03-03, 07:31 PM
Hate them all you like.

I think they're great

mikeoxford
13-03-03, 09:23 PM
Hate them all you like.

I think they're great

:lol: @ Mr Landrover man

my dad got ripped off

he has a freelander, under the agrrement with landrover he has to have it serviced etc

?300 later and his 24000 mile service was complete :o

?Marty?
14-03-03, 02:22 AM
Air bag suspension just replaces the shocks and springs with similar units (but fatter) fitted with air-bags, which act as suspension. Then there are compressors inside the car, which you control to let air in or out of the airbags, thus raising and lowering the car.

Handlings not as good as on coilovers and etc, but for looks/practicality (speed bumps), it's brilliant.

You can buy the units for around ?600 but to have them supplied/fitted costs around ?1500 to ?3000.

Best for larger cars too, though.

Chris LR
14-03-03, 10:17 AM
Speed bumps, what are they?

I can go as fast as I like over them, I'm only limited by how much pain I can withstand

whitey
14-03-03, 12:13 PM
You neva give in do you? So yours still rides like a tank then?

?Marty?
15-03-03, 02:07 AM
Hey Chris, have you gone back to basics, and fitted a steam engine in yours yet? And hand activated squeezy air horn things?

As most people have a standard car BEFORE they modify it, i think everyone already knows what they're like.

Standard is shit. Especially a Nova. If it was a classic sports car, or some kind of 'icon' car (VW Beetle or Mini) THEN it may be worth something to keep it standard.

Standard/modified? It all comes down to money. If you can't afford it, no need to pretend to have made a choice. As to keep it standard isn't an act, but an omission.

And don't start with the restoring crap, as that's just maintenence. Same as for modiffied, but without anything extra.

?Marty?
15-03-03, 02:10 AM
This keep it standard shit is doing my head in.

Do you go to gay clubs and tell people that it's better to be straight?

Fester
15-03-03, 02:51 PM
:lol:

Chris LR
15-03-03, 09:57 PM
Ohhh behave you rascal!

I'll keep it as Standard as I like, It might annoy you but I don't really give a fu.ck what you or anybody else says.

The Landy is rare and is worth far more in Standard Military Spec, I'm looking to keep the Nova for many years to come, I Like Standard and In 10-20 Years time Standard will have outlasted any 'stick on' mods.

?Marty?
16-03-03, 01:56 AM
It's not you keeping it standard that's annoying, but telling others to keep it standard in posts where they ask about a particular modification.

Chris LR
20-03-03, 08:38 PM
Why can't I tell them what I've done, other people answer questions with what they've done.

?Marty?
20-03-03, 11:58 PM
It's not you telling what you've DONE (or haven't done, more like left not done :lol: ) but when you just say 'don't bother' keep it standard.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. We're just 'ruining' someone's thread with this 'crap'. So PM if you wanna chat, ok babe?