PDA

View Full Version : Tuning advice

scott_higgins
16-10-09, 02:49 PM
hi guys

I have 1.2i 8v LS C12NZ engine i have read a few threads regarding tuning and that not much in way of performance gains can be made without having to swap the engine out.

What i did read and interested me was to install the following: 1400 injector, C16NZ Inlet manifold, C18NZ Throttle body and a cam of nova SR 1.4.

I have alread instaled a cone filter and looking at exhausts.

I know from previous threads that power gains aint going to be huge but with second hand parts cheapish i was just wondering if the above would work and if any further mods would be needed with this set up? I dont want to swap the engine out i just want to fiddle about with the little 1.2 to keep me busy

Thanks

Pistol Pete
16-10-09, 03:08 PM
Oil filter and change??!!

IMO i cant see what a larger injector will do apart from send your MPG sky high. Exhaust might help things breathe abit easier, but as you say massive gains are not to be had. BTW what does you insurance company say about all this?

GRUNT 16V
16-10-09, 03:08 PM
to be honest scott dont bother with the c12nz bin in favour of a 1.3/1.4/1.6

scott_higgins
16-10-09, 03:12 PM
my insurance don't know as i haven't done anything yet ;) only reasearch at the min.

I appreciate a bigger engine would do the job better I just wanted the c12nz to have a bit more poke and was wondering if the above mods would work and how difficult it would be

thanks

Pistol Pete
16-10-09, 03:15 PM
Ahh, ok. But check what they say before shelling out. The mods may help. But then they may also do the opposite and make it run like a bag of spanners!

MK999
16-10-09, 03:37 PM
best modification for a 1.2i is to remove all the engine mount bolts imo lol I think adam played with them for a bit and got one to around 1/2 a horsepower which is a massive improvement on standard, but it's not really worth the time/money.