PDA

View Full Version : HELP 2ltr redtop wont start after come out garge runnin i only went round conner

danielgray2k7
16-10-09, 01:52 AM
I Just Had A Redtop Put In My Nova It Was Runnin Loveiy Tickin Over Sweet The Lot Start Evet Time First Time Then I Toke It Out The Garge Round The Conner An It Back Fired Badly Coz I Got A Stright Throw Pipe On It Its Loud As Fxxk But I Am Changin That Any Way Its Got Spark An Fuel But It Wont Start I Went An Got A Crankshaft Sensor Put That On It Aint Worked Can Any One Help Please It Killin Me I Am Goin To Change The Knockin Sensor Torrow But Any Tips Would Be Fab Thank Lads ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

davidfox280585
16-10-09, 02:28 AM
compression test

Gibbo
16-10-09, 02:33 AM
if that dont work try towing in it in gear i done it many times
or the timeing is out

Rich
16-10-09, 11:40 PM
dont just go buying sensors lol if you have fuel and spark sounds like the crank sensor is working, check your timing, make sure you have compression and that everything is connected how it should be

nova-taken
30-10-09, 09:45 PM
also check that inlet manifold is vacuum piped properly, my mate had a similar problem because a vacuum hose had split causing over fueling and backfiring.

worth a check i suppose

Lynsey
01-11-09, 05:29 PM
Try unplugging the fuel pump relay and turning over for a few seconds before plugging it back in. Do it a couple of times, it worked for me :thumb:

craig green
01-11-09, 09:49 PM
check the plug gaps, close them down to 0.6mm if necessary, though if it ran they shouldnt be too much of a prob.

loggyboy
01-11-09, 11:18 PM
Why am i the 1st to say:

REWRITE THAT BADLY WRITTEN CRAP POST OR YOU GET NO ADVICE

craig green
02-11-09, 12:25 PM
Why am i the 1st to say:

REWRITE THAT BADLY WRITTEN CRAP POST OR YOU GET NO ADVICE

You werent the 1st to think it. His grammar is shocking.

Sloth
02-11-09, 05:04 PM
with the first post, he fails a jobcentre grammar test. well done, have a cookie.

ant_tay
03-11-09, 01:06 PM
Try unplugging the fuel pump relay and turning over for a few seconds before plugging it back in. Do it a couple of times, it worked for me :thumb:

i had this same problem it was water getting in my fuel pump relay