PDA

View Full Version : Sound proofing removal (tar)

Ben (lurk75)
12-03-03, 10:10 PM
Right i have spent all day stripping the red tar like substance used for sound proofing the floor pans of cars off my nova.

Was a bit tough but its done now, but.....

What is the best way to get the sticky residue off the floor where it has been?

Tilly
12-03-03, 10:12 PM
Auto Glym Tar remover stuff it is amazing gets rid of anything like that

Ben (lurk75)
12-03-03, 10:18 PM
Why did you post that in here when i asked you five mins ago on msn and you didnt say anything? :o

Thanks anyway Tilly. :lol:

Tilly
12-03-03, 10:19 PM
u neva asked me what to use silly billy :roll:

Ben (lurk75)
12-03-03, 10:22 PM
Well considering i told you have been stripping it off al day and now just got to get the sticky shit of you could have voluntered the info! :?

novax
12-03-03, 10:23 PM
Parrafin cleans off all sorts of crap, needs a bit of rubbing but is quite gentle on the paint underneath. A little extra time is worth everything sometimes.

Ben (lurk75)
12-03-03, 10:28 PM
needs a bit of rubbing but is quite gentle on the paint underneath.

oooeeerrr... What paint underneath, isnt much left after i went crazy with me scraper :o Whoopsie

lol i only took a little paint off but not a problem as its under the drivers seat and i am having the car poainted anyhow, when i find someone who will do it.

Been on the phone every spare minute trying to find somone to powder coat my cage for me.

Tilly
12-03-03, 10:47 PM
needs a bit of rubbing but is quite gentle on the paint underneath.

oooeeerrr... What paint underneath, isnt much left after i went crazy with me scraper :o Whoopsie

lol i only took a little paint off but not a problem as its under the drivers seat and i am having the car poainted anyhow, when i find someone who will do it.

Been on the phone every spare minute trying to find somone to powder coat my cage for me.

D'OH :roll:

Ben (lurk75)
12-03-03, 10:49 PM
Whats your problem now!

Tilly
12-03-03, 10:50 PM
u r my problem ben u r a proper muppet

Ben (lurk75)
12-03-03, 10:53 PM
I know, but you also know that * **** **** * **** :!:

Ben (lurk75)
12-03-03, 10:55 PM
you have to bring it down dont you, this was a serious question in a legitimate post but no tilly drags it down again!

Your the muppet :!:

Tilly
12-03-03, 10:55 PM
u ever tried eating corn on the cob with no teeth??????

dont think id want too

Ben = *********

ade
13-03-03, 12:58 AM
heat gun!

then tcut/tar remover.

Wot you removing it for anyway?

Ben (lurk75)
13-03-03, 02:33 PM
having a stripped out interior, also has been stood for 12 months and found a puddle in the foot well and wanted to have a look under neath the tar to see if it was ok.... Solid as a rock!

ade
14-03-03, 12:10 AM
the sound proofing wouldnt have been compromised - that stuff on tighter than a nuns nickers!

:x

Puddle will be from leaking battery area (or other side) or water gettingin from the holes where wires come in to body (side repeaters etc)

Ben (lurk75)
14-03-03, 06:01 PM
lol i just didnt fancy a bare interior with bits on it looking like a bloody sanatry pad, so i wanted rid. Also a good oppurtunity for a nose underneath.