PDA

View Full Version : Insurance company isnt asking for modifications?

NovaBoi92
15-10-09, 06:25 PM
I want my insurance to be 100% legitimate. so i plan to declare the smalll amount of mods i have, like window tints, springs, alloys etc.. One website i got a quote on, it asked if the car was modified but it DIDNT ask for what has been done. also, another insurance company i got a quote with didnt ask AT ALL if the car was modified. now what i want to know, is if it doesnt ask me or what mods i have, or if the car is modified at all, then is it still al 100% legitimate? if ive told the truth about everything else?

AlexW
15-10-09, 06:31 PM
No, If the car is modded, but its not on the insurance its void afaik.

BTW your best of calling insurance.

Adam
15-10-09, 06:32 PM
They probably dont cover mods.

NovaBoi92
15-10-09, 06:48 PM
ill phone them up then and get some more info, thanks.

burgo
15-10-09, 07:00 PM
i know when i insured my estate they didnt want pics or any details of the conversion at all. they just took my word for it lol. it is down on the insuranc cover note as an estate tho so im happy with that

Jack
15-10-09, 07:24 PM
You may find they will quote you then ask for further details on the modifications.

NovaBoi92
15-10-09, 07:27 PM
i put all my details in, got to the last page where you enter the credit card details, but obviously couldnt go further because im not buying it yet. so maybe it asks for the mods as i go to pay for it? i just want to do everything all legit, so if i get pulled then they have nothing to do me on.

burgo
15-10-09, 08:12 PM
i remember as well when i was with liverpool victoria they didnt ask about any points. when i asked why they didnt ask they said they dont take them into concideration

MK999
15-10-09, 08:13 PM
i remember as well when i was with liverpool victoria they didnt ask about any points. when i asked why they didnt ask they said they dont take them into concideration

Surely they'd wanna know if you have a total of 326 which you accumulated during a week 3 years ago before you got banned for an epicly long amount of time? lol