PDA

View Full Version : Checker Plating

projctnova
14-10-09, 07:30 PM
Hi,

I have embarked on the task of checker plating my interior. I have cut and shaped the floor panels but have come accross a problem. The floor has the raised parts in it. Does anyone know a good way to get the floor in and attached? is the best way to put a wood floor down then screw the checker plate in?

Thanks

Richard

craig green
14-10-09, 07:39 PM
Aye maybe wood & 'no more nails' it to the floor. Avoids screws then.

djbrowney
14-10-09, 07:41 PM
Aye maybe wood & 'no more nails' it to the floor. Avoids screws then.

use silicone imo at least then you would have a chance of geting it back up if you didnt like :thumb:

Pistol Pete
14-10-09, 07:41 PM
Or just no nails it to the raised bits?

craig green
14-10-09, 07:47 PM
use silicone imo at least then you would have a chance of geting it back up if you didnt like :thumb:

NO MORE NAILS is hardly welding. lol

John
14-10-09, 07:49 PM
Chequer plate is for landrovers. grip tape ftw.

djbrowney
14-10-09, 07:49 PM
NO MORE NAILS is hardly welding. lol

still more of a bitch to get up than silicone because we all no he is going to put it down, realise he dosnt like it an pull it all back out lol

projctnova
14-10-09, 08:15 PM
ah ok never thought of using that....maybe tiger seal as that is holding my fiberglass roof on haha so i know its strong. Cant just stick it to the raised bits as the lowered bits will just fold.

I am also boxing out the tunnel so this will be attached to it too so it needs to be solid.

Will have a think for sure.

John H i know most people dont like checker plate but i want the look i saw on a mint zepher at USC it was a boxed out interior. made you feel a lot more caccooned in a stripped interior. Without a dashboard it feels very open

mowgli
14-10-09, 11:09 PM
and pop rivets in the corners perhaps