PDA

View Full Version : Problems appearing out of nowhere

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:13 PM
First M.O.T
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/lostboy_014/Mot0.jpg

M.O.T from today
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/lostboy_014/Mot1.jpg

I wonder how the first garage didn't find these problems, I could have been back on the road by now :cry:

Ben
14-10-09, 05:24 PM
why didnt you take it back to original garage for the retest?

edit just noiticed almost 6 months between the dates.

Sloth
14-10-09, 05:26 PM
if youve not driven it between dates id be wary. find a private space and get the car moving etc

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:26 PM
why didnt you take it back to original garage for the retest?

edit just noiticed almost 6 months between the dates.

I couldn't get the work done in time for a retest and apart from that, the guy at the first one actually used too much force in removing a patch as he bent the lip on the inside of the wing. Not taking it back there.

And now as you can see, they didn't even do a proper MOT so there is no way I would take it back there.

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:27 PM
if youve not driven it between dates id be wary. find a private space and get the car moving etc

Wut? Why? Don't get the point you're making there mate.

Sloth
14-10-09, 05:32 PM
a car thats been stood will have slightly sezed and stiff components. get it moving and free it all up.

Riggy
14-10-09, 05:34 PM
if its been stood for 6 months then all that can happen

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:34 PM
It has been moved now and then as it had to be driven to get the welding done etc, and its not as if anything is seized up, the first MOT station missed **** loads of potentially dangerous problems.

if its been stood for 6 months then all that can happen

Where does 6 months come from? Read the dates on the MOT certs mate.

let_nova
14-10-09, 05:38 PM
bet you wouldnt moan if it passed FFS

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:41 PM
bet you wouldnt moan if it passed FFS

Captain obvious finds the internet. What I'm "moaning" about, is the fact the first MOT station has missed alot of potentially dangerous problems, try reading before posting.

Pistol Pete
14-10-09, 05:42 PM
Just get the work done and get it tested.

Seeing as the address of the garage that did the first test is blanked out......

And some of the faults on the second sheet shouldnt even be on there!! Who takes a car for an MOT with low tread and wonky headlamps PMSL!!

let_nova
14-10-09, 05:44 PM
well why didnt you fix the problems that were obvious before the test?

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:48 PM
well why didnt you fix the problems that were obvious before the test?

I didn't know about the problems until I got the first MOT done, how the hell would I know the emissions would be out? And the strut top rust was hidden under a patch that he pulled off using too much force, and tbh I never noticed the seat belt was frayed, my bad on that one.

And the address is blanked on the first one to stop any comeback on me/png* after saying they're ****.

*You have seen the MIG/Regal **** aint you lol

Pistol Pete
14-10-09, 05:49 PM
On the second sheet there are a numner of faults that shouldnt be on there. Tyre tread depth too low, headlamp fixings...to name but a few.

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:50 PM
And some of the faults on the second sheet shouldnt even be on there!! Who takes a car for an MOT with low tread and wonky headlamps PMSL!!

How the **** am I supposed to see the headlights are wonky when I haven't driven it in the dark for god knows how long? And the reason they are low is because the car is -40mm, why one is pointing left I have no idea and have never noticed while I was driving it.

Pistol Pete
14-10-09, 05:52 PM
007, will be the cause of 005, 006 and 010

003, will be the cause of 002.

008, self explanitory (sp) really.

Emissions, not sure how to sort that.

004, break out the welder.

How the **** am I supposed to see the headlights are wonky

Car against wall will show beam pattern. Not great but gives a rough idea of aim :thumb:

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:52 PM
On the second sheet there are a numner of faults that shouldnt be on there. Tyre tread depth too low, headlamp fixings...to name but a few.

Tyre is my fault for not checking yes, do you check your headlamps everyday? And it wobbles from the bottom, its hardly hanging out.

Pistol Pete
14-10-09, 05:54 PM
Tyre is my fault for not checking yes, do you check your headlamps everyday? And it wobbles from the bottom, its hardly hanging out.

Yes. Its dark when i drive to work at 5.30.

The wobble will be the cause of you poor aim. Plastic clips are peanuts to buy and a 20 second job.

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:55 PM
007, will be the cause of 005, 006 and 010

003, will be the cause of 002.

008, self explanitory (sp) really.

Emissions, not sure how to sort that.

004, break out the welder.

Car against wall will show beam pattern. Not great but gives a rough idea of aim :thumb:

They guy mentioned the lambda sensor giving a low reading so that could be causing the emission to be at 7.382% I cant weld so got to wait for my mate to do it and he's busy with a new house, this really is a bad time to quit smoking :cry:

Pistol Pete
14-10-09, 05:56 PM
Take the lambda out and clean it up. Might do sweet FA but you never know.

wwmnw
14-10-09, 05:57 PM
New one may be best don't you think? I need a smoke really bad proper stressed :cry:

Pistol Pete
14-10-09, 06:11 PM
http://safety.nmsu.edu/images/signs/symbol_no_smoke2_lg.jpg

Spudly
14-10-09, 06:30 PM
this really is a bad time to quit smoking :cry:

No its not....

No fags = healthier you + more dollar for repairs = WIN :thumb:

jpga
14-10-09, 06:31 PM
they problems will arise if ita been stood. tyre pretty obvious surely you check you lights and general once over before your MOT? ( good look and think that one seems a bit out and its not fixed properly? seatbelt obvious. and most peoples first thought for a nova mot would be rust !

wwmnw
14-10-09, 07:10 PM
I never checked my lights too see if they wobble (minimal wobble when shook from the bottom) I check to see if they work which they do and never noticed one pointing to the left.

Anyway this thread wasn't meant to be nit picking the problems with my car it was about the first mot station missing a whole load of problems which the second mot station picked up on, why didn't the first mot station pick up on the lights being out the rust under the wing and the handbrake being goosed?

Anyone got a hand brake cable for sale? And spudly, 1 glass of brandy and a smoke and I feel fine now.

OH and its 3 months between the dates not 6, and the first lot of problems were fixed.

Benn
14-10-09, 07:42 PM
Am i reading it right they've failed a hole in the seat???????????

Pistol Pete
14-10-09, 07:43 PM
No, you're reading it wrong. Seatbelt has frayed at the stitching.

wwmnw
14-10-09, 07:45 PM
No, you're reading it wrong. Seatbelt has frayed at the stitching.

Was frayed, now have a sabelt racing harness in, + 5bhp :cool:

craig green
14-10-09, 07:46 PM
Anyway this thread wasn't meant to be nit picking the problems with my car it was about the first mot station missing a whole load of problems which the second mot station picked up on, why didn't the first mot station pick up on the lights being out the rust under the wing and the handbrake being goosed?

They got so far into the test & thought 'F**K this bag o'****' & left it at that! lol

End of the day, despite MOT testing rules being Black & white, there is still testers discretion & all that. Someone that has failed hundreds of rusty Novas will be a bit more eagle eyed at finding rust on them than someone who hasnt seen many (for example).

wwmnw
14-10-09, 07:51 PM
They got so far into the test & thought 'F**K this bag o'****' & left it at that! lol

Lol that's what I was thinking, but they shouldn't have done a half arsed MOT.

End of the day, despite MOT testing rules being Black & white, there is still testers discretion & all that. Someone that has failed hundreds of rusty Novas will be a bit more eagle eyed at finding rust on them than someone who hasnt seen many (for example).

Well after it failed I tested the handbrake and the car drives with it on, not freely but it moves so that's an instant fail, I'm actually happy that this guy has found these faults as my car could have caused harm if I didn't know, and I would have known if the first lot did it right, you know what I'm saying?