PDA

View Full Version : Ghost story...

Tidy Max
13-10-09, 09:07 AM
Been working away at a holiday camp for a few weeks now, and have been hanging around with some of the staff mainly the theatre techincal crew who do the sound lights etc. Staff that live on site at this holiday camp live in a little caravan area (the only caravans on site its a big hotel with chalets).

Anyway, arrived on site a couple of weeks ago and i heard one of the lads talking with one of the bar staff, for the past week their hot water tap in teh bathroom keeps turning its self on full... Bizzarre they thought, obviously both cracking jokes about the caravan being haunted lol the next day tech crew lad says to his caravan buddy at lunch

"WTF were you doing this morning?",
"Nout what do you mean?",
"i heard you come in at 3am then start making a right racket on the table, what were you doing??",
"I thought that was you mate......"

So all of us at the dinner table were pissing our sides.... apart from the two lads whos caravan it was! and might i add there very pale faces made it quite clear they werent blagging! Then there boss comes over,
"whats everyone laughing at?" we go on to explain...
"what plots your caravan on rob??"
"5"
"2 secs mate"
Pops off to the managers table..
...comes back
"10 years ago a member of staff got pissed... went back to his caravan.. put the chip pan on.... fell asleep.... bloody burnt alive! some of the managers were hurt trying to save him, i joined a few months after it happened!! All on plot number 5 mate"

needless to say many a plan has been drawn up to terrorise their caravan at night, but all that aside, still pretty creepy!

Anybody got any similar stories?

wwmnw
13-10-09, 02:19 PM
A shop I used to work in 4 years ago is haunted, (used to be Bells stores its now McColls across the road from the Mile House pub in Stockton if anyone knows the area, aka Monkey tree) a lass was filling up the pop chiller and a can of red bull jumped off the shelf and flew to the other side of the room :eek:.

large_steve182
13-10-09, 03:09 PM
http://redlightnaps.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/scooby-doo.jpg

LEWI007
13-10-09, 06:02 PM
Who believes in ghost and life after death stuff then ?

liam944nova
13-10-09, 06:13 PM
at my old work about 10 years ago a drunk guy fell asleep by the yard gates and died during the night (choked on vomit or something). well few years later there was always things happening at them gates and storeman went in at 7am to open up and couldn't get lock open and something threw him to ground. also girls in office working late seen the gates swinging open and shut and rattling

Mike
13-10-09, 07:14 PM
Who believes in ghost and life after death stuff then ?

Me.

My dads house is haunted by a not to freindly poltergeist :(

Sloth
13-10-09, 07:24 PM
i belive, seen a few things, and heard of a fair few things too.

wwmnw
13-10-09, 07:36 PM
Me.

My dads house is haunted by a not to freindly poltergeist :(

Care to try and video some stuff? I'm always interested in proper ghost vids and not the **** you see on youtube which is mostly fake/scream videos.

Tidy Max
13-10-09, 08:04 PM
i suppose i do! bit weird really!

and mike, this is NOT meant to be offensive, but is that one of said posts which we should take with a pinch of salt lol

but really now, go on share some stories fella!!

mowgli
13-10-09, 08:11 PM
tidy max, if the person died in the burning caravan, there wouldn't be a caravan 5 due to it burning to a crisp...& nobody but a fool tries to put a fat fire out with water, thats why rental caravans have fire blankets & extinguishers.... my guess is its a pretty good wind up...

now here's mine.......

about 1986, i was working 2 evenings a week in the hinckley kfc.. and i drove back down the a447 back home. now, there is a bend near stapleton, just by the pet shop, and the challenge was to drive it fast as poss. well, this night was clear & dry, and i got my mums astra 1300 wound right up and went for it. as i got to the bend, i took to the other side of the road to cut the corner & i hit someone who was stood in the road... but there was no damage at all.... i stopped & checked round. all was ok, so i went home. the next morning i told the story of what had happened, and my brother said, where exactly did it happen, so i told him the spot, and he said ' was it by the tree where Liz died last year?' now Liz Drake was in the year below me & had died when a car lost control & hit a tree sideways on & she was the rear passenger. she died instantly. to this day i won't drive that way at night...

can anyone else actually claim to have known their ghost???

Tidy Max
13-10-09, 08:33 PM
sorry i thought i put PLOT number 5, did i not put plot number 5?

oh wait, i DID put plot number 5 lol
believe me, i know how these things sound when you wearnt there etc, but it was far from a wind up!

and mowgli, dont you know the name liz drake is used in all ghost stories because its rhymes with FAKE.... yeah that was a lie, sounds pretty ruff to me mate! maybe they were teaching you a lessen because you shouldnt have been driving like a twonk lol

mowgli
13-10-09, 08:55 PM
sorry i thought i put PLOT number 5, did i not put plot number 5?

oh wait, i DID put plot number 5 lol
believe me, i know how these things sound when you wearnt there etc, but it was far from a wind up!

and mowgli, dont you know the name liz drake is used in all ghost stories because its rhymes with FAKE.... yeah that was a lie, sounds pretty ruff to me mate! maybe they were teaching you a lessen because you shouldnt have been driving like a twonk lol

give us the name of the holiday camp, there will be something on the net about the story so i can go away & check it out then come back & apologise properly.

please stop talking crap about my story. it really happened, liz drake was a real person, i knew her for about 12 years, she really died when the mg maestro that her friends boyfriend crashed into the tree on the a447, and i really drove my mums car thru something that looked a hell of a lot like a real person stood in the road

Sturge
13-10-09, 09:15 PM
now here's mine.......

about 1986, i was working 2 evenings a week in the hinckley kfc.. and i drove back down the a447 back home. now, there is a bend near stapleton, just by the pet shop, and the challenge was to drive it fast as poss. well, this night was clear & dry, and i got my mums astra 1300 wound right up and went for it. as i got to the bend, i took to the other side of the road to cut the corner & i hit someone who was stood in the road... but there was no damage at all.... i stopped & checked round. all was ok, so i went home. the next morning i told the story of what had happened, and my brother said, where exactly did it happen, so i told him the spot, and he said ' was it by the tree where Liz died last year?' now Liz Drake was in the year below me & had died when a car lost control & hit a tree sideways on & she was the rear passenger. she died instantly. to this day i won't drive that way at night...

can anyone else actually claim to have known their ghost???

Bizarrely enough I've experienced much the same thing. Early hours of the morning in winter, a bit foggy. Rounded a bend to someone standing staring straight at me. No chance of stopping or swerving in time, but no bang. So I didnt get out and look round! Could see from the brake lights there was nothing in the road so got myself to the nearest well lit area sharpish before stopping and getting out to inspect the car.

**** me right up and reading your story sent the shivers right up my back and brought tears to my eyes! Not nice at all. Had a similar thing on the same road previous to that which I'd put down to tiredness in very similar conditions, but that incident made me wonder.

Other than that I worked in a bike shop in Edinburgh for a while. In the cellar there was access to the sprawling network of tunnels and ancient sewers that run under the old town. Lets just say the light switch was removed from the bottom of the stairs and moved to the shop side of the door at the top. NOBODY would be down there with the lights out! The noises were enough without experiencing anything first hand

wwmnw
13-10-09, 09:22 PM
The noises were enough without experiencing anything first hand

Not saying your story is a lie, but the noises could be a trick of the mind of rats in the sewers, but do elaborate on the noises.

brainsnova
13-10-09, 09:26 PM
i dont believe in ghosts as i havent seen one yet. if i do i ll report back with my findings.

mowgli
13-10-09, 09:37 PM
a lot of the creapy stuff can be put down to atmospheric conditions, low frequency noises (ie: electrical objects with specifically inaudible ranges that can scare you) and general claustrophobia.....

which is why i've never found a more rational explanation for my story. i was not tired & it was a clear night

MK999
13-10-09, 09:49 PM
which is why i've never found a more rational explanation for my story. i was not tired & it was a clear night

Often see things in the dark that look like something entirely different, and your mind attaches it to something recognisable, throw in a bit of subconscious psychological babble, et voila, rational explanation lol

L14MNP
13-10-09, 09:51 PM
Sturge, those tunnels sound insane mate! I love exploring, yeah it would be sh!t scary and stink like hell but that sounds like the closest chance of finding a river of slime like in GB2 lol. Old passages etc rock!

I've had some sketchy stuff happen to me, but the scariest thing was when I was driving. I was young/stupid and tired after a killer late shift and just wanted to get home. I was pulling over 100 on the A19 and heard the most enormous bang! I sh!t myself as damn it was loud! Stopped the car and found a carrier bag stuck to the front end!

Well it woke me up and I slowed down lol

mowgli
13-10-09, 09:52 PM
mk999 /\/\ Oh god, you'll get kellybelly out with her big psychobook that proves i want to shag freuds mother or something

Dar
13-10-09, 09:52 PM
Reading these stories makes me wonder how many accidents on the roads are caused by ghosts!

I'm thinking there should be a goverment appointed exercist that goes around removing these menaces. I have no ghost stories and I whould **** myself if I ever had the misfortune to experiance one.

wwmnw
13-10-09, 09:53 PM
I was pulling over 100 on the A19 and heard the most enormous bang! I sh!t myself as damn it was loud! Stopped the car and found a carrier bag stuck to the front end!

Well it woke me up and I slowed down lol

A carrier bag made a loud bang? :wtf:

mowgli
13-10-09, 09:54 PM
Reading these stories makes me wonder how many accidents on the roads are caused by ghosts!

I'm thinking there should be a goverment appointed exercist that goes around removing these menaces. I have no ghost stories and I should **** myself if I ever had the misfortune to experiance one.

the church of england has quite a few registered exorcists. if you ask your local vicar, they can call one in.

MK999
13-10-09, 09:54 PM
mk999 /\/\ Oh god, you'll get kellybelly out with her big psychobook that proves i want to shag freuds mother or something

There is probably a suppressed wish to run people over in there somewhere. Brought on by some sort of experience in your childhood, possibly related to the girl in question etc etc yada yada am I really paying £120 an hour for this blah blah lol

L14MNP
13-10-09, 09:55 PM
A carrier bag made a loud bang? :wtf:
Air! lol

Sturge
13-10-09, 09:55 PM
Not saying your story is a lie, but the noises could be a trick of the mind of rats in the sewers, but do elaborate on the noises.

the noises were heard from the main bit of the shop, up the stairs, lights on! Knocks, bangs, tools being moved/rattled (service area was downstairs), bike wheels turning on the hubs, general rubbing and scuffling noises. Turn the cellar light on and nothing!

mowgli
13-10-09, 09:59 PM
sturge. i have been in thousands of farm buildings over the years & there are loads of creatures that stop moving when the light is on, like rats, birds, mice & creepy crawlies.....

Sturge
13-10-09, 10:02 PM
Sturge, those tunnels sound insane mate! I love exploring, yeah it would be sh!t scary and stink like hell but that sounds like the closest chance of finding a river of slime like in GB2 lol. Old passages etc rock!

They're absolutely immense mate! Fine if there's a group of you and plenty torches lol

There's a load under the new town as well, come out in Waverley Staion and Princes Street gardens, which used to all be under water!!!

mowgli
13-10-09, 10:03 PM
isn't that where they scare the crap out of people on cable telly with gail porter & a feather duster & night vision cameras????

L14MNP
13-10-09, 10:04 PM
They're absolutely immense mate! Fine if there's a group of you and plenty torches lol

There's a load under the new town as well, come out in Waverley Staion and Princes Street gardens, which used to all be under water!!!
WOW. Are you still friendly with the shop owner/workers? LED torches and as you say, a good number of willign explorers and you're laughing! I wanna go! lol
Have you ever had a look in any during daylight hours mate? I assume you need a torch still, but the things that go bump in the night from the bike shop may be asleep? lol

wwmnw
13-10-09, 10:04 PM
I'm kinda obsessed with this kinda stuff (haunted tunnels/passages) but it still scares the **** out of me sometimes lol

Spudly
13-10-09, 11:56 PM
The only thing thats really really **** me up was a few years back i was seeing a lass in the same village that brodie lives in, (hornsea) just a little way up the coast from us, and there a more than a few ways up there from where i am and theyre all backroads.

Now if brodie reads this he will know exactly where i mean, but as you come out of hornsea on the water tower road you go through one or both of two small villages old, and new ellerby.

You can turn off in new ellerby and miss out old ellerby which is the way i went, late on one night possibly one or two in the morning, it was in winter and was a clear night and the moon was out so it was well lit and open fields either side of the road, i could clearly see through the hedgerow either side if the road which is nigh on straight barring a couple of kinks, and after the last little one there is a solitary tree on the left hand side, now normally i wouldve been sending it on in my old mk3 diesel fiesta but it was frosty so i was going slowly, and as i approached this tree i could see a dark shadow standing, back to the hedgerow next to the tree and as i got closer it was an old man, in a long dark coat, dark trousers and dark shoes, pale white face looking directly at me, i was very freaked out by this as it looked like he was hiding from me yet staring straight at me as i passed, i got shivers down my spine as i just have now remembering it as i type.

I turned round a few feet down the road as i thought i must be seeing things (locked my door) and went back slowly with my high beams on, now as i said the moon was out in full and the frost on the ground in the fields meant i could clearly see all around me, yet there was noone there and noone walking or running away in any direction, i turned around at the village and came back and still nothing but as i passed the spot where he had been standing i got a cold shiver down my spine and im sure i cought movement from the corner of my eye, that was it for me so i bailed and went home, very freaked out but im sure someone had been there:eek:

large_steve182
14-10-09, 12:33 AM
i know these aint true but for some reason creap me out

There was once a man who checked into a motel while on a business trip. When he was checking in, the woman at the desk told him,
"Your room is the last room on the left...and please, don't go in any other rooms, especially the last one on the right."
So the man went to his room, and went to bed, not bothering with the last room on the right. In the morning, on his way to his first business meeting, he decided he'd check out the last room on the right. He first tried the doorknob. As he expected, it was locked. He knelt down and looked into the keyhole. All he saw was a bed, with a naked woman sitting on it, facing away from the door. Her skin was the whitest he's ever seen on a person. He shrugged, and left to his meeting.

On his way back from the meeting, he stopped by the room again. He looked into the keyhole once more after trying the locked doorknob. But this time, all he saw was red. He didn't see the woman or the bed, just red.

Confused, he went back to the desk lady. He told her what he saw, so she decided to give him an explanation.

"A year or so ago, there was a murder in the room. A man murdered his wife. Since then, the woman's ghost has haunted the room. Her skin is as white as day, and her eyes are now a deep red."

THE ANGEL

A few years ago, a mother and father decided they needed a break, so they wanted to head out for a night on the town. They called their most trusted babysitter. When the babysitter arrived, the two children were already fast asleep in bed. So the babysitter just got to sit around and make sure everything was okay with the children. Later that night, the babysitter got bored and went to watch TV, but she couldn't watch it downstairs because they did not have cable downstairs (the parents didn't want children watching too much garbage).

So, she called them and asked them if she could watch cable in the parent's room. Of course, the parents said it was ok, but the babysitter had one final request... she asked if she could cover up the angel statue outside the bedroom window with a blanket or cloth, at the very least close the blinds, because it made her nervous. The phone line was silent for a moment, and the father who was talking to the babysitter at the time said, "Take the children and get out of the house... we will call the police. We do not have an angel statue."

The police found all three of the house occupants dead within three minutes of the call. No angel statue was ever found.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9877/1220673289708xj8.jpg

Tidy Max
14-10-09, 08:25 AM
i now have a newspaper covering up the half of the screen where that picture is, when i look at it straight on its fine, its just when your reading the story all you can see is that beady eye staring at you lol orrwible!

and that angel story is rough too, but thats all it is, an angel story lol

and mowgli calm down mate i was only joking the liz drake fake thing was joke, you can see right after it where i said "yeah that was a lie"!

the holiday camp is potters holiday camp, ive looked on the net but nothing came up,

although nothing came up for liz drake dyingeither... and we both know that EVERY death is recorded on the internet, looks like we have both been had buddy :(

and spud! asif you actually turned round! mind you i wouldnt have batted an eye lid, theres loads of doggers up near me so driving in the middle of the moors at night and seeing an old pale guy behind a tree is quite a regular occurance lol lol

but seriously, f turning round! i keep my eyes dead ahead of me, i was driving over green arms round once (onto the A666, the road i live on) and i had a car blast up behind me, so i put my foot down abit, bit of banter and all that, looked in rear view theres the car, looked at the road, looked in rear view.... no car

i can tell you now that was bloody horrible!! really straight section of road too thats on a downhill so when you look in the rear view you can see all the tarmac right back up to the top!

wwmnw
14-10-09, 10:16 AM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9877/1220673289708xj8.jpg
Story or not that's a **** one, elderly lady wearing eye stuff which is common with kids/young women.

Edit: After reading these and going to bed last night I remembered a few things that have happened to me in the past, I didn't sleep much so had plenty of thinking time :( lol

Only a few months ago I as doing my usual thing of surfing the net til the early hours of the morning and I had been speaking to me ex lass on the phone, the phone call was bad enough as I kept hearing some weird noises on the line that she couldn't hear, heavy breathing and a faint weird voice, then I remembered her mam died of cancer a few years ago.

A bit later after talking to her I went to bed, walked out of the kitchen into the hallway and into the front room, closed the front room door took two steps forward and heard a loud voice behind me, sounded like it shouted NO, ****ing **** myself and went to bed with the light on lol.

When I moved into this house (moved here in 1989 I was 3) I remember alot of weird goings on, the door to the front room used to keep falling off its hinges, I remember seeing some loose playing cards hovering.

I had a star trek toy when I was about 5, I was in bed and woke up for some reason to see the toy where I left it, went to sleep and woke up again to see it had moved to on top of one of my huge cuddly toys, went to sleep again and once again woke up and it had moved over the cuddly toy and closer to me.

Nothing much has happened in a long time now though apart from the first thing I mentioned.

TL;DR My house was haunted, scary things happened when I was a kid.

L14MNP
14-10-09, 12:10 PM
The house we're in now used to scare me when I was younger, we moved here in about 1993 and I used to hear noises, exactly the same and at the same time every night which seemed to be coming from my parents room. It was the noise of a newspaper being read and someones manky tatty long hair being brushed. This is quite an old house so I'm almost convinced that it was the ghosts of an old couple. The noises eventually stopped but it took well over a year!

Another interesting one happened to my uncle, his father was really ill and had passed away in the night. For some reason he awoke at the time of his death and was compelled to go to the bedroom window where he says he saw his father in the garden waving to him. Then he knew he had passed on, rang the house and sure enough, it had just happened.

This one makes me lol. I've heard that there was a vision of an enormous Roman soldier emerging from the ocean in full battle dress at the beach near me lol. This was a long time ago, but apparently, it being a summers day the beach was fairly populated and many people saw the same thing.
The internet says no though. lol No doubt it has been said all over the country.

Last one, happened to my dad. He was driving along a back lane when he says everything turned yellow. Everything. He stopped the car along with several other people and they all stared/spoke to each other about what they were seeing. This went on for a couple of minutes and then returned to normal so 'they' say. lol. That's a strange one. Oh to have a portable recording device back then. lol

Lauren
14-10-09, 01:20 PM
Funnily enough I have a couple.

I don't remember any of this but it has been told to me by my parents and a very close family friend. Apparently when I was a kid I used to tell my Mum about this guy called Karl that used to sit there and talk to me at night. She thought it was just an imaginary friend and didn't think much of it, but then one day my neighbour asked my mum if I'd had any friends over the night before. When my mum said no, the neighbour told her she'd seen a man staring out of my bedroom window as clear as day, and it was only my mum and me that lived together at that time.

The other thing that happened was to my parents, they moved into a house just before I was born and weird things were always happening, noises and things moving, etc etc.
The house was a very old house with those big heavy sliding doors you used to have, and my parents had a german shepherd called Bonnie at the time. Whenever they went out, they used to put the dog in the living room, shut all the doors and turn all the lights off.

They went out one night, did just that and when they came back a few hours later, every single door in the house was open, every single light was on and the dog was uncontrollably howling at the bottom of the stairs.

I think they moved out fairly quickly after that.

jackbd
14-10-09, 01:39 PM
the caretaker at my old TA unit died last year, and silly things like being switched on when they were off, doors being shut even though they were wedged open. This all happening while there was only one person on their own.

liam944nova
14-10-09, 05:37 PM
i was talking to my mate about this and sharing ghost stories,

well my mate was in the army and one of the lads hung himself one night. few months later my mate went to toilet during the night and this lad was standing. few others had seen him aswell. he said alot people p****d in bottles after that.

Mike
14-10-09, 05:57 PM
Care to try and video some stuff? I'm always interested in proper ghost vids and not the **** you see on youtube which is mostly fake/scream videos.

Not a fcuking chance wwmamannwnwnnwwoo. He is FAR from friendly at times, espcially during the night.

EDIT: Anyone else ever seen the ghost of the bride at Baggeride Country park? Shes been seen loads of times hanging herself from the old railway bridge there.

Mike
14-10-09, 06:09 PM
Has anyone ever been "visited" so to speak by any deceased friends?? (as oppose to family)

Nova_Tek
14-10-09, 06:12 PM
Only a few months ago I as doing my usual thing of surfing the net til the early hours of the morning and I had been speaking to me ex lass on the phone, the phone call was bad enough as I kept hearing some weird noises on the line that she couldn't hear, heavy breathing and a faint weird voice, then I remembered her mam died of cancer a few years ago.

A bit later after talking to her I went to bed, walked out of the kitchen into the hallway and into the front room, closed the front room door took two steps forward and heard a loud voice behind me, sounded like it shouted NO, ****ing **** myself and went to bed with the light on lol.

White Noise maybe?

Tidy Max
14-10-09, 06:13 PM
hasnt white noise got to be recorded first... before you can call it white noise lol

which might i add, there are some VERY creep recordings off on the internet, although it would be incredibly easy to fake one!

Spudly
14-10-09, 06:56 PM
Has anyone ever been "visited" so to speak by any deceased friends?? (as oppose to family)

Funny you should ask that actually as reading limps stories reminded me of a few years back, there was a lad i used to go to school with by the name of Danny Flint (http://daniel.james.flint.gonetoosoon.org/memorial/) and i was out round York with some mates and we ended up in the Gallery nightclub (first time for me and it was class) i was absolutely hammered and went upstairs to the toilets, now having grown up with danny he was part of a group of mates who always called me 'Paddock' (my last name) all of my then new mates called me spud, i wandered into the toilets and saw a face i recognised and it was danny, he slapped me on the back as i walked in and said "now then paddock, hows it going not seen you in a while" we chatted shoite for a couple of mins before he said he had to go as someone was waiting for him, i told him to look after himself and not leave it so long till next time and went about my 'duties'

Wandering back down the stairs my phone rang and it was a mate of mine, he said he had some bad news and asked if i remembered 'Danny Flint' i was like funny you should say that but ive just seen him in the toilets in the gallery in york lol

His response was "i dont think you have mate he died last night in a car crash" i was gobsmacked and didnt beleive him at first it took him about twenty mins to convince me, after which i still searched the club to see if i could find 'danny' to no obvious avail, i swear to this day it was him, pissed as i was i know it was him as there are only a handful of people who knew/know me as 'paddock' and there is no way i could mistake any of them for danny who was about 5 foot 5 and always sported a shaved head!

Figure it out, cos i certainly cant......:eek:

Tidy Max
15-10-09, 08:00 AM
thats just creepy spud lol its minging stuff like that i imagine it really did your head in mate!!

anyone found any good vids etc online?