PDA

View Full Version : Is This Numpty For Real ???????

GRUNT 16V
11-10-09, 09:59 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-VAUXHALL-NOVA-GSI-WHITE_W0QQitemZ170392666413QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item27ac31c12d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
TALK ABOUT NOVA PRICES GOING MAD CHECK THIS HEAP OUT £600 BUY IT NOW !!! MAKES ME LAUGH lol lol IF IT IS ANYONE ON HERE THEY NEED TO BE BANNED FOR 24 HOURS :d

Matt Pickering
11-10-09, 10:01 AM
Rear arches look ok!! apart from that his pic's are showing you how bad it is!!

Matt..

floydy13
11-10-09, 10:08 AM
nice piece!

GRUNT 16V
11-10-09, 10:09 AM
its an overpriced piece of 5hite incomplete in need of a resto and he still thinks hes going to get £600 for it !!!, i wouldnt give him £200

wwmnw
11-10-09, 11:20 AM
Its mine.

I wish.

NovaBoi92
11-10-09, 11:41 AM
here - http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131978

L33 LEG
11-10-09, 11:50 AM
It's not cheap but i don't think it needed its own thread to say so. seen much worse.

jpga
11-10-09, 12:10 PM
dont buy it then

therealnovaboy
11-10-09, 12:11 PM
i honestly dont think its that expensive, you could fix that up no bother and youd have a tidy nova. a wing, a sill, a new seat, an arch, and a spray at the cost of say 500 quid and you could still sell for a profit. be a good winter project.

steve rdf
11-10-09, 12:29 PM
right if people want to slag my car off then fine im not bothered if you dont like it dont buy it. The car is actually on a start price of 500 with no reserve all it needs to get it road legal is a front arch some welding on the sill and an mot. if its such a heap why bother waisting your time writing about it. i dont want to sell it but i need to. why do a certain minority of people on this site always critise and moan about other peoples cars or posts they put up. i joined this site because it is so good for information and following peoples projects not to be slagged off. also the pics are to show the bad bits would people prefer if i put the side skirts back on front bumper properly to hide it all and sell it like that i think not. nothing wrong with being honest i didnt think.

Jon_nova1
11-10-09, 12:37 PM
Its a gsi, your not going to get much cheaper than that in the same condition lol

maybe if you was moaning about a 1.2, yes it would be understandable, are you by any chance after a nova gsi? lol

wwmnw
11-10-09, 12:40 PM
People are also entitled to their opinion, which they will speak, so don't get too upset mate, I also edited your post for those who wont read one big block of text.

right if people want to slag my car off then fine im not bothered if you dont like it dont buy it.

The car is actually on a start price of 500 with no reserve all it needs to get it road legal is a front arch some welding on the sill and an mot. if its such a heap why bother waisting your time writing about it.

i dont want to sell it but i need to. why do a certain minority of people on this site always critise and moan about other peoples cars or posts they put up. i joined this site because it is so good for information and following peoples projects not to be slagged off.

also the pics are to show the bad bits would people prefer if i put the side skirts back on front bumper properly to hide it all and sell it like that i think not. nothing wrong with being honest i didnt think.

LEWI007
11-10-09, 12:44 PM
i reckon its worth it. i have seen better ones go for that money before, but they are getting rarer and it seems good condition and not totally rotten to bits.

steve rdf
i understand people are entitled to there opinion that is fair enough but why do some people only ever have negative comments.

Edd
right if people want to slag my car off then fine im not bothered if you dont like it dont buy it. The car is actually on a start price of 500 with no reserve all it needs to get it road legal is a front arch some welding on the sill and an mot. if its such a heap why bother waisting your time writing about it. i dont want to sell it but i need to. why do a certain minority of people on this site always critise and moan about other peoples cars or posts they put up. i joined this site because it is so good for information and following peoples projects not to be slagged off. also the pics are to show the bad bits would people prefer if i put the side skirts back on front bumper properly to hide it all and sell it like that i think not. nothing wrong with being honest i didnt think.

i see your point, but, 600 quid for a car that needs welding and has no MOT is a bit dear, good luck tho.

mikec123
11-10-09, 12:45 PM
I think its pretty good price nice project for somebody

wwmnw
11-10-09, 12:46 PM
i understand people are entitled to there opinion that is fair enough but why do some people only ever have negative comments.

These days if something doesn't look good then that's how its judged, simple as that really.

steve rdf
11-10-09, 12:47 PM
I think its pretty good price nice project for somebody

exactly why i bought it in the first place as i really wanted a gsi because to my knowledge its the only one in my town you only see lower spec ones dont even think there are any sr/sri about either.

jpga
11-10-09, 01:10 PM
up to him int it ive seen peoploe buy steamers for more.

he could stick the skirts on stick the bumper on clean it up and say it had no mot and no one would be moaning really

jpga
11-10-09, 01:14 PM
These days if something doesn't look good then that's how its judged, simple as that really.

everyone is entiteld to opinion that a given. if i put my car up for sale if people wanna share views be it good or bad that fair enough cant stop em ?

but calling someone a numpty and being very direct that you think he is silly and he ought to be banned come on? how do you know his situation what goes on in his life what money he needs and doesent. opinions fair enough but judgement on people no.

steve rdf
11-10-09, 01:17 PM
:thumb: jpga

steve rdf
11-10-09, 01:20 PM
thank you. and if people really want to no the reason for sale. Its for a vet bill as the cat has exma and going to cost a lot of money to fix and my 4 kids want to keep her. and as i dont have bundles of cash lying around then the car needs to go as it was to be my toy.

jpga
11-10-09, 01:27 PM
if it was close to me id buy it for 500 quid weld new sill myself new wing 50 quid plate any other bits underseal the whole thing up prep it up for paint myself get a blow over for 500-600 quid got myself a mint white gsi for a bit of work/fun and 1150 quid? all depends how creative and determined you are most people would pay 1150 quid for a mint white gsi if it has been repaired plated undersealed and painted properly.if you actualy look into the work cost involved its easly do able. i mean if someone worked in a body shop all they would have to pay for was the paint 300 quid rest is a labour of love.

GRUNT 16V
11-10-09, 10:33 PM
if it was close to me id buy it for 500 quid weld new sill myself new wing 50 quid plate any other bits underseal the whole thing up prep it up for paint myself get a blow over for 500-600 quid got myself a mint white gsi for a bit of work/fun and 1150 quid? all depends how creative and determined you are most people would pay 1150 quid for a mint white gsi if it has been repaired plated undersealed and painted properly.if you actualy look into the work cost involved its easly do able. i mean if someone worked in a body shop all they would have to pay for was the paint 300 quid rest is a labour of love. WTF this makes no sense what so ever as you said weld it up yourself then good, but you do need some good metel to weld to £500 - 600 to make yourself a mint GSI ??????????????? think level headed there! more like £1000 - 1500 ans still you wouldnt get all the rust out of it.

jpga
11-10-09, 10:45 PM
WTF this makes no sense what so ever as you said weld it up yourself then good, but you do need some good metel to weld to £500 - 600 to make yourself a mint GSI ??????????????? think level headed there! more like £1000 - 1500 ans still you wouldnt get all the rust out of it.

16 quid for a full sill from beavers 50 quid for a wing 30 quid for arches if needed . 16 quid for door bottoms if needed . i have a massive sheet of metal for plating the front and rear panel. that a mate got for me from the body shop get it home strip it all down bumpers wings tailgate bonnet boot windows engine out get the grinder out and the welder out and spend alot of time and effort eliminating the rust underseal the whole car once the rust has been sorted prep the pannels and other items then prep the shell send it for paint. thats the shell sorted clean up the engine service it new cambelt etc. while its out. check brakes all the running gear arms rods hubs etc. then re assemble it all in my workshop. whats that hard about it its time efford understanding and thinking involved.:)

GRUNT 16V
11-10-09, 10:54 PM
Look Here Nice Boy As I Work For A Body Shop And Have Done So For Many Many Years Im Telling You It Cannot Be Restored For £500 / 600 Trust Me

jpga
11-10-09, 11:10 PM
ok then mate

MattBrown
11-10-09, 11:12 PM
Look Here Nice Boy As I Work For A Body Shop And Have Done So For Many Many Years Im Telling You It Cannot Be Restored For £500 / 600 Trust Me

WTF?

Pannels and metal, £100
Paint and hardner and primer and underseal £200

And the problem is?

Paint it yourself- Free
Weld it yourself- Free

For £300 I could make that look tidy!

How can people slate him, for being 100% honest in his advert?

As if the skirt and bumper was on, £1000 would be the correct money for a decent "Looking" gsi!

For his honesty, I present some positive REP!

Why you lot cant see past abit of paint and welding is beond me!

GRUNT 16V
11-10-09, 11:28 PM
Im Not Slating Him For Not Being Honest At All Im Just Mearly Stating That Its A Tad Over Priced For The Condition That Its In And That It Wold Cost Alot More To Restore It .

MattBrown
11-10-09, 11:32 PM
Im Not Slating Him For Not Being Honest At All Im Just Mearly Stating That Its A Tad Over Priced For The Condition That Its In And That It Wold Cost Alot More To Restore It .

£1000 says for £500 I would make that look mint!

Want to take me up on it?

Hobbit
11-10-09, 11:32 PM
Your not the seller and i'm guessing your not buying it? :)

So does the price matter to you?

bmw156
11-10-09, 11:33 PM
tbh i looked at the ebay ad and thought it was alright for its money.

i bet it is hard to find a gsi in any state for that money tbh. they are rare as now and 600 quid, for one is not to much IMO.

as people have said, the work needed is not to bad.

the front end looks abit ruff... lol

p.s the title of this thread should be aimed at grunt 16v and not the ebay geezer....

jpga
11-10-09, 11:46 PM
tbh i looked at the ebay ad and thought it was alright for its money.

i bet it is hard to find a gsi in any state for that money tbh. they are rare as now and 600 quid, for one is not to much IMO.

as people have said, the work needed is not to bad.

the front end looks abit ruff... lol

p.s the title of this thread should be aimed at grunt 16v and not the ebay geezer....

repd

numptysport1
11-10-09, 11:48 PM
I would give that for it if it was over here in N. Ireland

jpga
11-10-09, 11:50 PM

dont worry about the ad then cos majority of people say it seems fine your obviously not going to buy it so no need to call the guy a numpty is there

should of been 'saw this on ebay what do people reckon to the price this is my view would take x amount to restore therfore i think its a touch ovepriced'

wwmnw
11-10-09, 11:51 PM

There is nothing in N.Ireland except dust and some cave dwellers :cry:

numptysport1
11-10-09, 11:53 PM
what is wrong with being called numpty. lol

numptysport1
11-10-09, 11:54 PM
There is nothing in N.Ireland except dust and some cave dwellers :cry:
and all the good novas

jpga
11-10-09, 11:56 PM
and all the good novas

i was about to say and all the mint base models !!!

MK999
12-10-09, 12:02 AM

That would sell for 6k in N.I lol Anything with a vaux/opel badge over 10 years old seems to warrant robbing a bank for over there lol

GRUNT 16V
12-10-09, 12:08 AM
£1000 says for £500 I would make that look mint!

Want to take me up on it?YES PLEASE BUT WHEN YOU SAY MINT I MEAN NO RUST WHAT SO EVER AS THAT WHAT MINT IS !! THAT MEANS NO SEALER COVERING UP 5HITE

GRUNT 16V
12-10-09, 12:09 AM
That would sell for 6k in N.I lol Anything with a vaux/opel badge over 10 years old seems to warrant robbing a bank for over there lol This is very true why do they sell for so much money over there???

Spudly
12-10-09, 12:14 AM
Right the car is a rotbox, show me an untouched nova that isnt, theyre all well over 15-25 years old depending on what year they are, if theyre loved then thats cool, but if they have been treat normally then theyre gonna be rotten, any nova will need work these days.

Fair play to the lad for pulling off the skirts and showing the buyer 'yes its rotten, but its still a gen GSi'
fair play, on that alone it may sell for your price, but, this is not a site where we encourage people slate others, for things, especially for their asking price, so can we leave the guy alone, i dont think he will get £600 for it but who cares, thats what he wants for it, if he dont sell it for that then i hope he will keep it (and i hope he will cos its another one saved)

But please lets NOT be 'barryboys' and just slag this poor lad off for being a genuine seller, imo we need more people who will list cars like this rather than hiding it and selling a death trap!