PDA

View Full Version : Brakes locking up?

Nobby
09-10-09, 10:58 PM
On from my previous post about this problem. Now since ive fitted my bike carbs my brakes have been locking up. Now ive found that its just the rears that are locking up not the front what could cause this?? Faulty load sensor or master or bias valve?? anyone know of anyways i can rule 1 out?? cheers:thumb:

AlexW
09-10-09, 11:04 PM
Hmm, Sure the rears are adjusted right bud?

Could be a dodgy MC though.

burgo
10-10-09, 12:50 AM
when was the last time you serviced the rear brakes?

Nobby
10-10-09, 10:56 AM
just before pvs mate? over adjusted?? drums off later i think.

burgo
10-10-09, 11:01 AM
could be full of **** or there might be a lip on the drum causing them to bind up. id strip them down and clean them up, re-adjust them and see where that gets ya

craig green
10-10-09, 11:18 AM
A failed rear cyclinder was making my rear brakes lock once upon a time, but there was fluid pi**ing out from the drum aswell.

mowgli
10-10-09, 04:47 PM
if there is a rear load sensor, then the spring could be shot.... i think you are mistaking the carb thing as being the cause. what did you do with the servo connection??

Nobby
10-10-09, 08:48 PM
if there is a rear load sensor, then the spring could be shot.... i think you are mistaking the carb thing as being the cause. what did you do with the servo connection??

i no mate it must just be coincidence, the servo connector has been moved and welded on to the side of the manifold. Iv been told that if that was to cause a problem it would just make the pedal hard??