PDA

View Full Version : 18"s are on but......

red_devil
11-03-03, 06:31 PM
The alloys are on but i need some 5-6mm spacers plus...

If i look at the car i think it needs lowering more... its already 40mm so has anyone ever lowered a car that far and what problems does it introduced

btw the alloys look feckin huge and make the car look double hard.... it'll look alot better in one colour instead of white, brown and blue

whitey
11-03-03, 07:08 PM
You will loose even more handling if you can get it much lower! You can always just get a lower kit eg splitters/diffusers etc to help a little.

Should look nice I agree! Got n e pics? And have you got enough room for 5-6mm!?

Ballsy
11-03-03, 07:15 PM
hey m8, i put 18's on my beast no that long ago and think they look fckin great, what kind ov wheels u put on??

u sure u need spacers??

Ballsy

red_devil
12-03-03, 08:37 AM
i'm sure i need spacers coz they are catching on the inside rears... plus i've got shit loads of room... wide arches are extended more than 2 1/2 inches either side.... already got 42 offset

The alloys are Lenso RS5 five spoke split rims... they look ace but i think the car just looks too high

burgessovsalford
12-03-03, 10:30 AM
With the wheels being soooo big it will look high.

I think my car looks high lowered 40mm on 15s! things is i might be hard to lower it more than 40mm on 18s? But then again you got a wide arch kit so it may not be as hard?

djp_y2k
12-03-03, 10:40 AM
I had my 18's fitted with coilovers and it was lowered to its max, and it seemed fine.

U've got the wide arch kit havent u so it should be fine.

Try taking the springs out and jacking up the rear axle from the centre untill the wheels start to rub.

Then u will know how far it can be lowered.

Breeny
12-03-03, 12:57 PM
Had -60mm on mine when i had the 18's on. Didn't have a wide arch kit but i did cut up the front archs about an inch so i could actually drive it properly. Rear inner arches were just tapped inwards, they can go in quite a lot.

Mine still looked like a monster truck so if i was you i'd try and go a lot lower.

mark_GSi
12-03-03, 10:37 PM
ive got mine -60mm on 17's and it hadles pretty poo, need an anti roll bar me thinks :P

Neil.
13-03-03, 12:52 AM
i had 33"s other day when i was with red devil, lol, well with my 15s and his 18s in back when we went to pick them up, they are massive, make the car look like a moster truck liek breeny says when i was following him. look very nice chris(red devil) cant wait too see ur car when its finished!

burgessovsalford
13-03-03, 10:13 AM
Get sum piccys uploaded m8... :D