PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Heater blower motor

Lps
09-10-09, 10:18 AM
Hi all,

popped over from the Vx220 forum for help, first propper post so go easy...

Can anybody help with a bit of info Re: Nova's blower motors. My other half's one has finally screeched itself to death a few weeks back and now it's turning a bit cold she's cracking on at me about fixing it.

Pulled the plastic splash cover back this morning looking for the part number and i think i've got the right one?

but also it had

4343824 and PP+20ZTV on it?

Anyways, what i need to know is does the Nova share the same blower motor as maybe the Astra?

Her car is a 1992 Mk2 on a K plate 1.4i Luxe if that makes any odds?

Had a trawl about on Ebay without any luck, and searched plenty of threads on here before resorting to boring you all with what is a fairly regular question i reckon so apologies on that!

any help/advice would be great!

Lee.

therealnovaboy
09-10-09, 12:22 PM
best bet is a scrappy, not totaly sure but a corsa might be the same. if not im sure you could make it fit.

Spudly
09-10-09, 01:24 PM
Now then bud just trawled ebay to try and find one and im shocked to see that there is not one on there, once youe removed the crappy plastic cover thing (pain in the ass, but they do come out) there are two 8mm nuts holding it in either side, and you will need to unclip the power connection from the housing before you can unplug it and pull the assembly out, whip it out and you will see there are a few clips allowing you to remove the top housing and seperate the motor from the housing, try soaking the spindles on the motor with wd40 and you may be able to free it back up, if so reassemble and youre sorted just stay on top of giving it a lube with 3in1 oil every so often.

If not then youre best bet is to email colin smith (novarally) on here as he breaks novas daily/weekly and if he hasnt got one then i for one will be shocked lol

Colins email addy: colinesmith@aol.com

davidfox280585
09-10-09, 02:21 PM
think hes sorted one now spud has he bought one off the sr i am breaking

Lps
09-10-09, 03:09 PM
yep, all sorted now thanks to David :thumb:

trust me though Spud, the one thats in it now has more than seen its day lol

when the missus first started moaning about it (months ago) it already sounded like a cat with a firework up its bum! It's as siezed as it'll ever be now, i did manage to free it up for a bit a while ago after massaging it a tad but the only place it's going now is in the bin!

If i'm truthful, i was kinda hoping the car would die before the blower but sadly it's not been the case.... :roll:

appreciate the info on how to get the bleeder out though, had a quick look this morning before she went to work and came to the conclusion "it's fooked love" mainly because i couldn't be bothered to strip it all down lol.

No doubt i'll be back for something else before long...

Spudly
09-10-09, 03:21 PM
We do as i said and rizzle the spindle in oil before you refit it, will alast a lot longer that way, haha, you wont kill a nova when you want to, they will keep kicking and screaming just to piss you off, feel free to pop in anytime for tech advice or just craic, tis a friendly site:thumb:

AlexW
09-10-09, 03:35 PM
Off topic - Where abouts in essex are you from?

Jon_nova1
09-10-09, 03:45 PM
I thought my blower was doomed, when i first got the car, it didn't have the cover on it, and you couldn't even turn the motor by hand, coated it in oil, got it free and let it run off the battery for a while with a bypassed resistor lol

Lps
09-10-09, 04:40 PM
feel free to pop in anytime for tech advice or just craic, tis a friendly site:thumb:

Apart from that moany old sod Stuart that frequents these parts! Bad enough i have to avoid him over on .Org ;)

:thumb:

Lps
09-10-09, 04:41 PM
Off topic - Where abouts in essex are you from?

Sunny Ilford :cackhole:

Spudly
09-10-09, 04:43 PM
Apart from that moany old sod Stuart that frequents these parts! Bad enough i have to avoid him over on .Org ;)

:thumb:

Lol he are bossman in these parts so dont upset him, he has a nice shiny banstick he likes to prod people with lol

Lps
09-10-09, 08:49 PM
Lol he are bossman in these parts so dont upset him, he has a nice shiny banstick he likes to prod people with lol

oh he knows i like a good prod the old Queen :gay:

no doubt he'll be along soon to moan i dont drive my Vx enough :roll:

wait til i expose him for the post whore he is lol