PDA

View Full Version : replacing my 1.4 spi carb........

Broadway:
11-03-03, 05:43 PM
I have got a 1.4 single point injection carb and want to replace it with the 1.4 sr carb i have the carb inlet manifold and fuel pump is there anything else i need? will it work alright as i have already got a fuel pump in the tank? what wires will i need to change ??

thanks

Euan
11-03-03, 06:47 PM
think there is a wire that needs to be connected to the carb. sumthin to do with the choke (not entirly sure)

mikeoxford
11-03-03, 09:42 PM
u will need a fuel pressure regulator as injection works by the pump pumping high pressure fuel in to the injector. it will flood a carb.

i guess if your going from injection to carb you will need to mess with your ECU and get rid of it as it will no longer be needed and affect all kinds of things

it wont be as straight forward as you first think IMO

Aragorn
11-03-03, 10:53 PM
u will also need the ignition system off the SR

and the cams since the SPI cam is shite

---

what might be a better option would be to fit an SR camshaft then get a SRi manifold and downpipe and GTE center section - this will allow muchbetter airflow thru the head and out the exhaust while keeping the lambda probe in place

fit a decent airfilter using a corsa SPI top box and a cone filter (see my car in my profile for inspiration) and keep the original injection system

u may need to swap the injector for a cavvy 1600 one to get more fuel in if its running lean

but u should get the same power output as a SR with less work and more reliability

if u want more info gimme a shout since ive looked into this quite a bit