PDA

View Full Version : F*****G Exhaust

Pete
08-10-09, 07:59 PM
Well i got round to getting a new exhaust ..

where the back box is there the hoop that hold the back box to the other part.. ( forgot what it is )..

I started undoing the bolts and it snapped in my socket :mad: which means my 14 socket is nackerd...

got the hook undone and went to take the back box off and the f in thing had rusted together, sprayed loads of wd.40 on it and still didnt come :mad:

So now im going to have to result to the angle grinder to grind it off :thumb:

Thort id let you guys know how much of a w****r my car is.

MK999
08-10-09, 08:01 PM
Try the 13 on it, assuming it's the clamps you're doing, probably rusted over which is why it feels like a 14, but they should be 13mm lol

craig green
08-10-09, 08:02 PM
Heat up the corroded join with a blow torch or soak it good & proper with some plus-gas.

Then come back to it tomorrow, beat the shet out of it & take it off.
Simples.

MK999
08-10-09, 08:04 PM
Heat up the corroded join with a blow torch or soak it good & proper with some plus-gas.

Simples.

You forgot the "lob it 3 miles into the furthest reachable hedge and shout have at that ye fooker, get off of my car." stage

Jon_nova1
08-10-09, 08:10 PM
angle grinder ftw

Pete
08-10-09, 08:19 PM

Simples.

never thort of that...

was so stressed about not getting it off and getting cr*p in my eyes :cry:
and the angle grinder will do the job alot quicker too ;)
Car Mechanics Best tool = Angle Grinder :D

Jon_nova1
08-10-09, 08:27 PM
If an angle grinder can't fix it, a welder will lol

bmw156
08-10-09, 08:30 PM
to the socket, cant you poke something through the other side and get the bit out?

and i used a cold chisel, on the join where there is a slit and prised that open and started to twist it. and got it of that way.

16v Nova Kev
08-10-09, 08:34 PM
angle grinder= one size fits all spanner lol

AlexW
08-10-09, 10:41 PM
If it was me id cut a line, following the orignal split, If you have to put the backbox on its not too bad providing you havnt cut the slot too big. I done this on mine and its gone back onto the car without probs

stupot89
10-10-09, 05:47 PM
1 x dead blow hammer equals back box off

therealnovaboy
10-10-09, 07:09 PM
just turn it till the thing sheers. then get new ones for it. use coppa-slip when you put the new ones on.

L33 LEG
10-10-09, 07:23 PM
i would of thought it was a 13mm.

Whenever i snap bolts, which is quite often tbh, i just chuck the socket across the garage until it comes out lol

Markd89
10-10-09, 07:28 PM
i would of thought it was a 13mm.

Whenever i snap bolts, which is quite often tbh, i just chuck the socket across the garage until it comes out lol

same lol

Jon_nova1
10-10-09, 10:05 PM
I just throw the socket in the garage until i have to use it again...probably explains why i can never find the right tool, unless its my 10MM deep socket, which is stuck down the sill in the nova lol