PDA

View Full Version : Stripped Out Interior

projctnova
08-10-09, 02:40 PM
Never quite realised just how much Aluminium has gone up. £50 for 2m x 1m. Im looking to checker plate the interior of my car by doing foot wells and the tunnel.

Anyway this thread isn’t just for a rant on the price. Does anyone have pictures of how they have done their interiors. Stripped out ones are most useful as this is how I have done mine. Just after inspiration. I kind of have an idea at the moment but ill know more when I make up some cardboard templates and fit them.

Also I am fitting a digidash but without a dashboard I need to know what the best way to fix them in is. Anyone any pictures of theirs?

Thanks

Richard

jimbob-mcgrew
08-10-09, 05:24 PM
stick with the weight reduction man, i wouldnt bother with the ali plates myself, its just adding what youve taken out.

and as far as the didi dash goes, if youve still got your old dashboard, you could hack it and chop it up untill it doesnt weight much, and use it as a frame to house the clocks and switches, less hassles than the alternative and still fairly decent on the weight front, whilst keeping everything user friendly and tidy.

probably not what you wanted to hear, just my opinion tho :thumb:

loggyboy
09-10-09, 12:38 AM
Offcut allum - yummy

http://loggyboy.com/images/MeritMk2/14-03-09/Interior/Dash.jpg

For sale if you want them...?

projctnova
09-10-09, 08:33 AM
hi, i was going for all out weight reduction but then after driving her i realised it isnt good at all. I need a little bit of style in there so ive got myelf some 2mm ali checker. Its not heavy at all.

loggyboy - thanks for your offer but i fancy fabricating something myself. got some ideas.

thanks guys