PDA

View Full Version : question for all those good with wires!!

novah108gly
07-10-09, 10:19 PM
can a digi dash be wired so that it will only read in mph??????????

John
07-10-09, 10:22 PM
Eh? they'll read both kph and mph?

novah108gly
07-10-09, 10:41 PM
Eh? they'll read both kph and mph?

yhea bu it keeps flickin between mate that my prob! notice you from cheadle you got any parts for sale??

Jon_nova1
07-10-09, 11:46 PM
just do what i did, and just don't turn it all the way round, have it a little off the stop

Spudly
08-10-09, 12:40 AM
On the back of the switch that selects the MPH/KPH there are three wires, at a guess i would say middle one to be earth and the two either side to be the live for either MPH or KPH, if youre good with a soldering iron then cut the wires from the switch and join or touch one outer and the middle one, it should light up either in MPH or KPH, if its the wrong one then try the other combination, when youve acheived your desired result solder them together and insulate that and the spare wire (seperately, obviously)

Hope thats understandable for you:thumb:

brainsnova
08-10-09, 12:48 AM
theres only 2 from the switch. i reckon join the two wires together for one and seperate them for the other. im not liable for electrical fires lol

Spudly
08-10-09, 06:34 PM
theres only 2 from the switch. i reckon join the two wires together for one and seperate them for the other. im not liable for electrical fires lol

You sure, i was fairly certain there were three wires?

If there are only two then yes it stands to reason, join together and it should read one, and seperated should read the other:thumb:

novah108gly
08-10-09, 09:21 PM

kool thanks mate i aint to the dash apart before so will i have probs bits fallin out etclol

Spudly
08-10-09, 10:32 PM
kool thanks mate i aint to the dash apart before so will i have probs bits fallin out etclol

If noone else has either then you will need a junior hacksaw blade, the screws that hold it together have no heads so you will need to make flat blade screwdriver slots in the heads with the blade!

MK999
08-10-09, 10:37 PM
makes you wonder how they put them in there.

Spudly
08-10-09, 10:39 PM
makes you wonder how they put them in there.

Not really no, they have a specially headed tool to fit them, theyre sposed to be anti-tamper screws as the dashes arent supposed to be user serviceable lol

MK999
08-10-09, 10:40 PM
You said they have no heads, not my fault I've never seen a digi dash lol

brainsnova
09-10-09, 12:23 AM
i have the tamper key socket thingy bobby joey uncle buck bit lol

Spudly
09-10-09, 12:49 AM
i have the tamper key socket thingy bobby joey uncle buck bit lol

Really, where did you score one of those?

Just out of interest as theyre a very soft metal so they round if you try to grip em with pliers, but if youre careful a flatblade and a junior hacksaw blade are youre friends!

brainsnova
09-10-09, 01:59 AM
it was in a socket set years ago full of anti tamper screw bits and before that long nose plyers. oh and i opened up my digi just to check the wires and checked continuity through the switch / wires and came up with my previous wire connections/disconnections lol.