PDA

View Full Version : Painting My Car

projctnova
07-10-09, 04:21 PM
Hi,

im after someone on the forum who could paint my car for me. Its currently ST orange but due to painting it in my garage and painting it whilst tired, it isnt the best job.

Im either after someone who can give it a brush over to mint it up or mabe change the colour (black possibly)

Is there anyone in lancashire who does spraying and would do it cheap being on the forum and all. Cheeky i know.

Thanks

Richard

craig green
07-10-09, 04:23 PM
Good luck finding a painter via here,

However, having tried it once, do you not feel you could do it better if you tried a second time? Plenty of good advice on here I'd imagine. And I dare say re-doing it in solid Black would be easier than the metallic Orange.

Nova_Tek
07-10-09, 04:44 PM
post some pics up mate see the result of your attempt to paint it. If you painted it whilst feeling fresh rather than tired do you think you can do it better.

As Craig said there are a lot of paint pros on here that can tell you how to achieve the best result.

Did you use rattle cans or a proper compressor and gun?

projctnova
07-10-09, 04:47 PM
I would but id need to spend a lot on the paint then try it all over again and if it messed up id still have to find a sprayer. Was thinking if I could get a quick going over for about £5-600 then it would be worth doing. Maybe black would be cheaper because they would already have the paint in meaning cheaper prices.

I might have a mate who can do it but will have to see.

I was thinking if I had it sprayed black on the outside and left the orange interior and engine bay it would be a nice look with a few orange details on the exterior

Thanks for your advice though, much appreciated

Oh and i used a compressor and two pack. had a few reactions but most of it was down to sanding through the top coat to the undercoat so got a few white bits here and there.

craig green
07-10-09, 05:14 PM
If you removed the windows etc & did some prep work, I would have thought 5 or 600 quid for a blow over is easily achievable. An out of hours/cash deal even more so.

I say NO to the Black with Orange details idea. Yuck.

KSRY
07-10-09, 05:19 PM
Post some pics up and people will be able to tell you a bit more, cant really judge without looking