PDA

View Full Version : who here is using a plate diff on let?

alan b
07-10-09, 11:36 AM
im trying to secide on a diff, was going to go quaife but up at straightliners there was an f28 nova let with a quaife and well his times wer naff! i was 2 seconds faster wit no diff! so im thinking of the transx, ive alsi heard kass now do a diff for big block boxs? just want feed back realy!

Will F
07-10-09, 01:43 PM
im trying to secide on a diff, was going to go quaife but up at straightliners there was an f28 nova let with a quaife and well his times wer naff! i was 2 seconds faster wit no diff! so im thinking of the transx, ive alsi heard kass now do a diff for big block boxs? just want feed back realy!

Probably nothing to do with r=the diff, just a tard driver.

Get an ATB if you use the car a lot on roads etc. Its a fit and forget, whereas teh plate will need rebuilds every 6-7k.

craig green
07-10-09, 01:48 PM
What I was thinking... so many factors to take into consideration like tyres, knackered clutch, general state of prep with the car etc. Plus some people just can't drive for toffee or think full throttle/side stepping the clutch is best.

A Quaiffe is a safe bet & considerably better than std.

alan b
07-10-09, 04:49 PM
were thinking that, just wanted to be sure, but a plate would be best for drag?

craig green
07-10-09, 05:06 PM
Yeah probably. But they require setting to your preference & subsequent rebuilds periodically. Which means you might not choose the optimum setting straight away.

Either will be a benefit to you, but a Quaiffe should remove any doubts over choosing correct ramp angles or down time & dropping boxes/rebuilds.

djbrowney
07-10-09, 05:18 PM
a friend of mine has just had a gripper plate diff fitted to f28 iirc it about the same price as a quaife atb but you do have to machine the gearbox casing slightly !

alan b
08-10-09, 02:27 PM
just got offered a trans x lsd 90% locker for 400 euro, sounds good cant get a quiafe for less than 600 over here!