PDA

View Full Version : it's not done yet

Dave
11-03-03, 12:19 PM
Me car went into the bodyshop where it's havin a bodykit fitted an a full respray, i know the owner of the shop an he is doin it on mates rates but he has the car in for nearly a month an nothin has really happened it's gettin annoyin :x
I know he is doin it as a favor but he is takin on other work before doin mine an sayin he is busy he'll get round to it, I want me car done an it's drivin me crazy :roll: so i thought i'd get it off my chest by havin a rant on here.
what do you think i should do :?:
find another bodyshop to do it
or
stick with it an wait

Alex
11-03-03, 12:29 PM
i have a mate who works in a body shop. i stay well clear. he is a twat when it comes to things like this. he wont even give me a business quote with no discount and just says that he will get back to me. I am going to another body shop now. :x

wisewood
11-03-03, 12:32 PM
if you want your car back that badly, get quotes for somewhere else and see if you can afford it. if you cant, you'll have to wait.

Neil.
11-03-03, 12:34 PM
offer him something cheeper then another quote costs and say ull pay him to get it done sooner, other wise go somewhere else.

Alex
11-03-03, 12:36 PM
offer to sleep with him :lol:

wisewood
11-03-03, 12:52 PM
offer to have alex to sleep with him. ;)

lmfao

ade
11-03-03, 01:21 PM
cash up front - not all of it but some - give him a bit more than mates rates - at end of day hes a business so paying customers get priority. He'll prob do bits in spoare time between jobs

Be prepared for another month or two...

Ade

jkhilton
11-03-03, 02:01 PM
This brings back memories of the garage that was supposed to be doing my old GSi, they had the car for 8 months before they actually did anything!! and even then, that was only because I threatened them with legal action and went down every night to take pics of the car to prove they hadn't even done anything since I dropped the car off, despite them telling me they had!

Alex
11-03-03, 02:03 PM
offer to have alex to sleep with him.
im booked up for the rest of the year im afraid :roll:

wisewood
11-03-03, 02:11 PM
lmfao - i didnt realise you were so popular mate. Sorry...

whitey
11-03-03, 02:33 PM
Just ask him and if he gets shitty then tell him to forget it!

mark_GSi
14-03-03, 12:11 PM
get ur car back m8ty, ive had that trouble with a bodyshop 2, they had my car for a month and didnt do nething, in the end they sprayed it but it was shit, so i threatened them with legal action and got me baby back!

got a full respray for free but it was shit, overspray, even painted me zorst!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

this was bout aug last year, getting it redun by a place near me in a month

best 2 go down therem get qoutes, they must have an oven and a spray booth if they are negood!

get them 2 show u pics of other cars they have sprayed and ask for their numbers so u can check up on their work, believe me it will be worth it.

also write a contract out, saying wot work u want doing, that u want NO overspray newhere, interia all clean and the car "MINT' when u get it back

if it ant, get straight on the phone and report it 2 trading standards, dont take ne shit of ne bodyshop fullstop!
your paying good money so u want it right first time :wink:
dont take ne recomendations of ne friends either, i did and look wot happened 2 mine??
i dont speak 2 the ex-mate who recommended them ne more