PDA

View Full Version : Nova Rallying...or Road Rallying

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 10:41 PM
Howdy all,

I've mentioned this before but looks like I have a shell now.

I know a few of you on here do road rallies or stages, so how does it work.

I know of a local(ish) club that i'll get in touch with but would like some gen so I don't walk in like a **** :)

Presume I'm best to start of Road rallying - does this mean a std spec car with glass and not perspec windows, std brakes for the engine size etc, does it need a cage and harness at this point? When, if when I move onto stages what bespoke parts are needed.

Any pointers welcome....oh and someone by my SR in the forsale section so that I can hurry this rally malarky along:thumb:

chimp007_uk
06-10-09, 10:46 PM
Howdy all,

I've mentioned this before but looks like I have a shell now.

I know a few of you on here do road rallies or stages, so how does it work.

I know of a local(ish) club that i'll get in touch with but would like some gen so I don't walk in like a **** :)

Presume I'm best to start of Road rallying - does this mean a std spec car with glass and not perspec windows, std brakes for the engine size etc, does it need a cage and harness at this point? When, if when I move onto stages what bespoke parts are needed.

Any pointers welcome....oh and someone by my SR in the forsale section so that I can hurry this rally malarky along:thumb:

Road rallying, although the idea is simple "you're meant to be able to compete in a road going car..." its usually far from it!

Most people will run perspex and high spec engines. rules are you're allowed 2 chokes and if you run injection it must use standard intake and management.

you're only allowed 4 front lights.

You must run standard interior, however you can run buckets and cage etc etc but the rear seat must be present (most people used to leave covered foam and remoe the metal backing)

The car doesn't need to be log booked.

Its a good laugh, and if there was a club near me i'd get the manta out and get doing it again, miss living in wales :(

MK999
06-10-09, 10:49 PM
Are road rallies actually done on closed roads timed races? I've never looked into it past the fact that mine isn't eligible to compete as it's stripped out lol

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 10:50 PM
Road rallying, although the idea is simple "you're meant to be able to compete in a road going car..." its usually far from it!

Most people will run perspex and high spec engines. rules are you're allowed 2 chokes and if you run injection it must use standard intake and management.

you're only allowed 4 front lights.

You must run standard interior, however you can run buckets and cage etc etc but the rear seat must be present (most people used to leave covered foam and remoe the metal backing)

The car doesn't need to be log booked.

Its a good laugh, and if there was a club near me i'd get the manta out and get doing it again, miss living in wales :(

Cheers, sounds ideal to start with - will just use the 1.2 I'm sure it'll feel slow compared to my xe but I want to get to grips with the feel of a rally first and will then either 1.3 or 1.4. sr it.

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 10:51 PM
Are road rallies actually done on closed roads timed races? I've never looked into it past the fact that mine isn't eligible to compete as it's stripped out lol

As far as I know, yep there are:d

DaftJohns_Mate
06-10-09, 10:51 PM
just head to Auchens road!

thats yer road rally right there! Bring on MULL :)

Wullie.

chimp007_uk
06-10-09, 10:52 PM
Road rallies are on open roads, and are timed event for a distance. no speeding...

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 10:53 PM
just head to Auchens road!

thats yer road rally right there! Bring on MULL :)

Wullie.

hahaha watch that big pot hole - that roads good craic but want to do it so I don't get caught by the fuzz.... maybe I'll just fly like Jamesylol

DaftJohns_Mate
06-10-09, 10:56 PM
hahaha watch that big pot hole - that roads good craic but want to do it so I don't get caught by the fuzz.... maybe I'll just fly like Jamesylol

I dunno who the hell Jamesy is but i like him already!!lol

Wullie.

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 10:56 PM
Road rallies are on open roads, and are timed event for a distance. no speeding...

If that's the case I might even try the xe on one first.

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 10:57 PM
I dunno who the hell Jamesy is but i like him already!!lol

Wullie.

James and Jackie:d

DaftJohns_Mate
06-10-09, 10:58 PM
If that's the case I might even try the xe on one first.

Youve done that already with the ole vectra! 3mins 40 secs from bishopton to houston!:eek:

wullie.

DaftJohns_Mate
06-10-09, 10:59 PM
James and Jackie:d

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Wullie.

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 11:03 PM
Youve done that already with the ole vectra! 3mins 40 secs from bishopton to houston!:eek:

wullie.

Is that right? Need to try that in the Nova, should half it lol

SR-Rally
06-10-09, 11:05 PM
road rallys are great fun :D and so much cheaper then stage. join your local club and see if they have any 12car competitions coming up (mini road rallies) thats the best way for you and your nav to get into it and build a partnership befor tackling the 140miles of big events :D you need to get one of the MSA blue books. It tells you all the regs etc for road rally and stage plus aload more stuff, i got given mine from my club but think most people have to pay up to £25 :S if you have any questions about stage or road events just pm me :D

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 11:07 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\

Will do mate- off to the Mull rally on Fri so I'm sure when I'm back i'll be itching to go do these road rallies.

DaftJohns_Mate
06-10-09, 11:09 PM
are chunkys allowed to be nav's? lol

Wullie.

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 11:19 PM
Can you read a map tho lol

MK999
06-10-09, 11:19 PM
sat navs lighter lol

DaftJohns_Mate
06-10-09, 11:33 PM
Can you read a map tho lol

What do you need to do stuff and that?

Sack that i just thought i could get out for a jolly!:p probably expect me to help you change tires and sh*t too lol lol

Wullie.

DaftJohns_Mate
06-10-09, 11:34 PM
sat navs lighter lol

You aint seen either of his sat navs! one only has arrows and the other doesnt know where it is most of them time! lol

Wullie.:thumb:

Jonezy
06-10-09, 11:56 PM
Join British Rally Forum, section for stage rallying & one for road. Its a very good.. helpfull site!