PDA

View Full Version : New life into an old dog...

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 09:38 PM
Since the SR ain't selling and I can't get a rally car until it does I was thinking of ditching the seats, back quarter cards, carpets and adding a nice set of buckets, harness and weld in cage.

What do you Nova connoisseurs think? Keep standard or go for that rally look:thumb:

AlexW
06-10-09, 09:43 PM
Why not strip the interior, leave the front seats and see if YOU like it.

let_nova
06-10-09, 09:43 PM
rally look FTW.

what did i say. swap me. give me my LET etc all my goodies i will give you money plus my shell and running gear

Southie
06-10-09, 09:45 PM
Strip it *cough cough* :d

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 10:09 PM
Think I've found my rally shell!! So the SR will be staying standard, well as standard as it can be lol

Hopefully get the new one caged, stitched, buckets/harness but keep the 1.2 in it until I can suss out these road race / rally rules.

Nick J
06-10-09, 10:11 PM
If you strip it just leave all the rear seat brackets in. Then it can easily be returned to standard etc.

An excellent look imo, This was how my previous car turned out when I painted the rear out last year but I did remove all bracketery.....

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nj_photo/DSC00889.jpg?t=1247593026

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 10:14 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\

Very nice - think my wee SR would look ace like that! But think my money and time is going to go on this wee rally car.

MK999
06-10-09, 10:17 PM
Hopefully get the new one caged, stitched, buckets/harness but keep the 1.2 in it until I can suss out these road race / rally rules.

Main one that always put me off is you have to have a full interior for most.

DAFTJOHN
06-10-09, 10:30 PM
Main one that always put me off is you have to have a full interior for most.
Is that for the Road Rally stuff?

Mate there seems to be so many different options and rules that it'll take an age for me to understand lol but with a Nova it's fairly interchangable so should be able to progress by adding new bits as I get more experience.

MK999
06-10-09, 10:31 PM
Most road rallies I have seen the rules for specify a full interior. Front seat choice is optional though, so lots run cages/buckets but with full door cards etc

SR-Rally
16-10-09, 05:14 PM
yeah you need full interior, can change front seat and seat belts as long as fitted to the blue book standard. they can be lenient with little things as on my last car it didn't have the B pillar covers as was no room when i fitted the cage. don't take the rubber off the firewall in the engine bay and the two pieces on either side of the bonnet either. will fail scrutineering. common mistake made :S

burgo
16-10-09, 05:51 PM
why anyone would want interior is beyond me. get rid

rwaggers
16-10-09, 06:45 PM
do it man.
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/rwaggers/097.jpg
please do it nicer than my one thoughtlol
mine only looks like that because i autocross it:thumb: