PDA

View Full Version : Scrappage..

Jack
06-10-09, 06:31 PM
... has been extended (http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/Scrappage-scheme/Scrappage-scheme-extension/). Nice, more Novas off the road then lol

This (http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/Scrappage-scheme/Scrappage-extension-the-manufacturers-view/) amused me though:

There is also the environmental point of view. The difference between the CO2 of the new cars on the road compared to the old ones traded in is quite a lot
Yeas, and of course the difference in "carbon footprint" of disposing an old car an manufacturing a new one is known to be negligible :roll:

dannyb
06-10-09, 06:51 PM
Yeas, and of course the difference in "carbon footprint" of disposing an old car an manufacturing a new one is known to be negligible :roll:

Well said! + rep :)

twistysnovagte
06-10-09, 06:54 PM
This (http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/Scrappage-scheme/Scrappage-extension-the-manufacturers-view/) amused me though:
i quite like the fiat quote!;

http://www.pngclub.com/upload/2868/fiat.jpg Fiat

"No we wouldn't want to see any extension in the scheme. The main reason for this is that the most popular car for us under scrappage has been the 500. This is a car we wouldn't normally offer a discount on but have been forced to with the £1000 we have to put in."
"Update:" Following the announcement of the scrappage scheme extension, Fiat has now told Parker's: "We will support the extension of the scrappage scheme the same way we supported it when it was first introduced."
:wtf: lol

LEWI007
06-10-09, 06:54 PM
scrappage scheme sucks, new cars suck and look ugly. old cars ftw.

brainsnova
06-10-09, 06:55 PM
why dont they stop selling new cars as they make all these cars that nobody wants then offer the scrappage scheme. if they took orders and only made that amount it would help the environment.

AlexW
06-10-09, 07:09 PM
That is true brains, but i guess there would be millons of job losses all over the world.

bmw156
06-10-09, 07:15 PM
has anybody ever thought about, how much energy it costs to make new cars. the people driving to work everyday to make them, the machines running near on 24/7 i suspect. all the energy going into making them. and then the amount of pollution the old cars are already putting out. im sure there is alot more pollution making new ones, as opposed to the older ones running.

MK999
06-10-09, 08:07 PM
has anybody ever thought about, how much energy it costs to make new cars. the people driving to work everyday to make them, the machines running near on 24/7 i suspect. all the energy going into making them. and then the amount of pollution the old cars are already putting out. im sure there is alot more pollution making new ones, as opposed to the older ones running.

Did you read the first post? :wtf:

bmw156
06-10-09, 08:37 PM
Did you read the first post? :wtf:

lol i fail

Stuart
06-10-09, 08:41 PM
when I was in the ECU game, we had emails etc in the office to stop printing stuff if not needed etc.... WTF we develop engines and make cars, whats a few bits of paper going to do compared the to evil we produce on a daily basis lol

MK999
06-10-09, 08:43 PM
should have stuck an engine on 30 lambda for an hour and when asked what you were doing reply, well I had some time left over from not walking to the printer all day... lol

Stuart
06-10-09, 09:32 PM
"free air" (ie air we breathe) is approx lambda 30 lol

mowgli
06-10-09, 10:01 PM
a model t ford puts out about the same co2 as a mondeo.... reason.... any motor that burns fuel at 30mpg, whatever age it is creates the same co2.. its all the other ****e that is the problem.....

oh, and when they put sulphur screens on the power stations in the late seventies because of 'acid rain' which was blamed for everything, they inadvertently invented global warming, which incidentally has nearly made the world as warm as when the romans were about.......

MK999
06-10-09, 10:12 PM
"free air" (ie air we breathe) is approx lambda 30 lol

Did I go the wrong way? lol

Didn't even think about it, never used a wideband and what makes more sense didn't even occur to me, Did of course mean lambda 1-2 lol

edit: if it would run, but you get the idea, basically make a massive derv style cloud. In fact baxters cav on the rollers going from 1k to 5k for an hour would probably do it

Stuart
06-10-09, 10:13 PM
oh, and when they put sulphur screens on the power stations in the late seventies because of 'acid rain' which was blamed for everything, they inadvertently invented global warming, which incidentally has nearly made the world as warm as when the romans were about.......

/me gets my leather skirt out :d

Mint FRST
06-10-09, 10:14 PM
Looks like I better line the B plate Swing up then...

Fancy a new everyday driver...

Stuart
06-10-09, 10:15 PM
green RS has been sat in the stevenage ford dealer compound for 2 months now.... gotta be cheap lol

Mint FRST
06-10-09, 10:19 PM
green RS has been sat in the stevenage ford dealer compound for 2 months now.... gotta be cheap lol

Dont fancy another green onelol

You will be pleased to know had the oil dropped a 972 miles and 'unleashed' her full potential. The force feels strong with this one;)

Mazda 3 MPS everyday smoker me thinking:eek:

dene
06-10-09, 10:24 PM
What i dont understand about this scrappage allowance is
= These old higher emission??? cars are removed from the road ?
But i own a garage and can still buy parts from them as they arent crushed .
For Eg i recently had a Y reg pug 306 in with a knackered engine but could buy the engine from an older 306 that could only be sold in parts as it had been taken as scrappage allowence ???
Ive seen quite a few on ebay now that say, can only sell parts from this vehicle as it was taken in scrappage allowence ??

mowgli
06-10-09, 10:26 PM
its simply political hokum because the governments of europe can't be seen to be subsidising the car industries so its as well thought out as sitting on a branch while you saw it off the tree

MK999
06-10-09, 10:29 PM
its simply political hokum because the governments of europe can't be seen to be subsidising the car industries so its as well thought out as sitting on a branch while you saw it off the tree

Have they considered which end of the branch? as tbh that would be good enough for me to give it a go lol

craig green
07-10-09, 10:27 AM
I thought the scrappage cars were not allowed back on the road. Body Shells or engines?

Tbh I dont have a prob with it. My local scrappy has had a better selection of Novas than ever & I wouldnt have ever got my hands on them or known there wherabouts if they werent scrapped. So I myself & anyone else raiding them for bits stand to gain from it, plus the scrapyard is so chock full of scrappage scheme cars right now, they seem to ask very low prices on all the parts I remove.

I guess the other minor plus point is the fact that somehow it is helping safeguard jobs within the motor industry in a roundabout way. ( I wouldnt wish redundancy on anyone during a recession).

therealnovaboy
07-10-09, 03:51 PM
the scrapage sceme is not to stop global warming. its to stop the uk falling on its ass. the uks economy is built up of banking and buying and selling not import export. without people buying cars, car companys shut factorys, people loose jobs and cant buy cars and houses, which is what the contry depends on as an income. global warming is all mumbo jumbo, its just an excuse for an extra tax.

Jack
07-10-09, 04:07 PM
^ this is true, but the government have been bigging it up as an eco-friendly incentive in an effort to keep the hippies happy