PDA

View Full Version : Technology help!!

Mike
05-10-09, 10:27 PM
I hit a problem with some new things i wish to buy :(

A digital projector to be precise.

The max projection screen size is 84", how do i work out what throw ill need to get the max screen size?

Also, what AV amps are good for home useage? Will only be using for films/laptop/xbox usage?

Anyone???

L14MNP
05-10-09, 10:30 PM
I hit a problem with some new things i wish to buy :(

A digital projector to be precise.

The max projection screen size is 84", how do i work out what throw ill need to get the max screen size?

Also, what AV amps are good for home useage? Will only be using for films/laptop/xbox usage?

Lee???
Fixed.

MK999
05-10-09, 10:31 PM
Was gonna say Lee can probably bore you to death for hours about these lol

Mike
05-10-09, 10:32 PM
Good point lol may have to give him a call tomorrow then :)

L14MNP
05-10-09, 10:33 PM
Till then hit up this sh!t homes
http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator.cfm

Mike
05-10-09, 10:40 PM
Till then hit up this sh!t homes
http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator.cfm

Nice one :) thats well handy... altho i dont really understand most of it lol

Tidy Max
06-10-09, 11:36 PM
expensive stuff, its the lamps that do you in, when the new COD comes out ill be racking up 5/6hour seshs on that, i could take out a projector lamp fairly quick haha,

although these new L.E.D efforts are looking good, not cheap though, but a good rule to keep in mind is cheap projector > v.expensive lamps, well known decent pricy projector > .... just expensive lamps lol

Mike
06-10-09, 11:38 PM
I know about the bulbs already, the deal ive wangled includes 3 spare bulbs rated to 2.5k hours or something like that.

Will take me about 2 years to clock up 2.5k hours usage aswell.

mowgli
07-10-09, 12:04 AM
my mates neighbour is a mad keen everton fan, and he bought a huge projection tv to watch the footy. the screen completely covers his patio doors. BUT... he is not a practical man..... the focal length was too long for his lounge, so he smacked a hole thru a supporting wall & put the projector unit on a cupboard in the dining room with no lintels, just a bit of polyfilla..

Oh, but the best bit is that they have a chandelier & he doesn't know about those quick fit ceiling roses, so every time someone goes for a header, they disappear behind it then re-emerge usually after the goal has been scored.. I could fix it for him, but it is way funnier as it is.

L14MNP
07-10-09, 10:52 AM
LMAO! That is amazing Mowgli. lol