PDA

View Full Version : Navigator required!? Anyone good on the maps?

boffer8
05-10-09, 09:56 PM
hi all, i compete in a club championship that does LEGAL 12 car rallys and scatters and i require a navigator to do the last 2/3 rounds of the year, i compete in ilkley and district MC's under 23's championship and have one for it for the past 4 years and would like to win it agian this year but have some stiff competition from a pair of histroic rally lads and need to get out and beat them! the events are on wednesday nights circa otley (nr leeds) and start 7-8pm and finish 10pm'ish. if anyone is good at navi'ing and would like to have a go with me then please pm me or reply here, need to be good on the maps and well organised and we can go out and get some good results!
fingers crossed someone in this area can help me put!
cheers
ben

Southie
05-10-09, 10:05 PM
PM 16xe_chris he's a rally guy from my area so maybe up for this if not I may know of another guy who maybe interested who's not on the site.

boffer8
05-10-09, 10:24 PM
pm'd 16xe_chris, cheers NBC, who else do you know just out of interest?

Southie
05-10-09, 10:27 PM
I've just rung Chris and he says is it a ordanant survey map style treasure hunt thing. If so then i'm afraid it's a no no. Sorry :(

I'll have a word with his co-driver and see if he's interested.

boffer8
05-10-09, 10:44 PM
yes its all done on tulips and OS maps with plotting on the way and the other one being a plot and bash, so OS map reading is a bit of a required trait lol

Saloony
05-10-09, 11:19 PM
You can borrow my sat nav fella lol

boffer8
06-10-09, 12:44 PM
not quite the same! lol

large_steve182
06-10-09, 02:56 PM
i would love to do it. seems like good fun,
but im terrible at maps, i managed to get lost on a straight road (no joke)
dumfries to moniave was one straight road country road the whole way there. no turns off what so ever. ended up at a farm.

16xe_chris
06-10-09, 04:15 PM
Free Bump for you matey, try ringing them numbers i've PM'd you with and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you, if you get no joy send me another PM and i'll give you a number of someone who used to compete in the scatter rallys, he might be interested.