PDA

View Full Version : kill switch

jonn
05-10-09, 08:17 PM
i wired the kill switch in today using the earth. am i right in saying that when i turn the kill swith it will kill the power going to the ECU and it will lose its memory and have to re learn itself? or does the ecu get a earth somewhere else?

mowgli
05-10-09, 08:33 PM
everybody else wires a kill switch to the battery +ve... but the whole concept of a kill switch is to kill the power, thus it turns everything off....... kill switching is just the same as taking the battery off, & the ecu is fine when that happens.

what engine spec??

jonn
05-10-09, 08:47 PM
x16xel

Jon_nova1
05-10-09, 08:54 PM
you can always have a different wire that goes to the ecu? and the kill switch on the battery?

like the kill switches you get that have a thin wire bypassing it to keep ecu/radio memory etc

jonn
05-10-09, 09:00 PM
this is what i was going to do. but will the ecu not have power when the switch is turned off. the reason i want to know is beacuse for i am using the car for autograss/ autocross and they have a scruntier person who checks eyerything on the car before u are allowed to race. so when they test the kill switch i the ecu might have to relearn itself gain and this will take a while to do

http://www.holden.co.uk/productimagesWD/020_011.jpg