PDA

View Full Version : golf headlights on a corsa?

Anton
10-03-03, 09:35 PM
Getting a list off stuff made up for when the corsa goes into the bodyshop in a month or so.

So far I have I have decided on - smooth tailgate, flushed doors (dehandled) number plate recess, and possibly a bad boy.

What do you reckon to changing the front headlights too possibly a golf?

Will it look good or wank?

opinions please

another idea i had was to smooth over the plastic trims on the arches so they are flush with the body. Still unsure on that one though.

whitey
10-03-03, 09:51 PM
That arch idea will be diff! Use photoshop first though!

And if you on about golf 4 headlights which you will be then it should look quite nice! They are MINT!

What bout an flushed/smoothed engine vent whilst the bonnet being bad boyed! Will save cash in long term probably and look nice!

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 10:06 PM
yes yes and yes

yes the arches
yes the mods u list
yes the headlights

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

ade
10-03-03, 10:58 PM
there was a nova with remoddeled front golf lights in it - looked weird...but good(ish)

You'll need to assess the size of the lights and how much re-moddelling of the panels (wings, bonnet and slam panel, grill, existing light housing) will cost and whether they maybe too big.

If theyre deep, will they foul on anything in the engine bay - whats the wiring like?

Soulds good and if you can do it excellent but I'd defo research fully...

Ade

matg
11-03-03, 07:21 AM
Golf mk 4 headlights have been put onto a corsa a few times now, just thought i would let you know. If you go onto corsa sport i am sure someone will have a pic for you to look at.

At least give you an idea of the finally look. How about saxo lights???

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/n/nc.jpg

Chris LR
11-03-03, 12:48 PM
Why not wait until the Golf MkV is out?

whitey
11-03-03, 02:18 PM
Nah go for the MK4 golf ones! They look mint and wont be FULL on hassle to fit!

Breeny
12-03-03, 01:08 PM
There has already been a corsa with golf headlights. Do something different. Something with similar lights so that it follows the lines of the car well, otherwise it will just look wank IMO.

Either that or you could be original and actually create a clean not ott corsa with big gay bumpers :wink:

Chris LR
12-03-03, 05:03 PM
Clit C5 Lights?

mikeoxford
12-03-03, 10:28 PM
the pic above looks nice