PDA

View Full Version : Weber 32/34 carb

Connor
05-10-09, 01:01 PM
My situation is I just bought a 1300 sr engine off johnny turbo off here

he gave me the weber carb also with the engine.
My question is.... What would I need to buy/do to make the carb fit/work

and is it beneficial for me to do so, as I have the 1.3 carb already on there( am I better off spending money on a manifold etc)

any info would be great
cheers in advance!
Connor

(1st post done on iPhone so don't really know how it goin to look)

Andy
05-10-09, 01:14 PM
You need the base plate and all the gaskets
You need a 1300 throttle cable or a solderless nipple
You need a choke cable
You need an air filter adapter plate unless it already has one.
Basically buy the fitting kit as a whole,im sure theres an ebay shop that sells them.If not try these fellas round here Bogg Brothers-01944 738234 ask for Dave
What engine is in at the moment?

GRUNT 16V
05-10-09, 01:16 PM
weber is far beter than the pierberg 5hite as for fitting you will need and adapter plate that bolts to the inlet manifold then the carb fits to that etc etc accelerator cable is the sames as the pierberg item . You will need a universal manual choke cable . fuel pipes differ to what engine you have, does you nova have a fuel return hose back to the tank ???? if it does you will have to buy a t connector with a reducer (part number 99901460) you can get these from webcon .thanks grant

Connor
05-10-09, 01:23 PM
Cheers guys definately worth fitting it then!

Going to scan eBay for that fitting kit.

Connor
05-10-09, 01:25 PM
Oh and the engine is the 1.3 sr engine and it is not fitted yet so I was planning to put the carb on before I fit it

jimbob-mcgrew
05-10-09, 02:42 PM
what do you do about the long ass inlet manifold studs ? do they unscrew with mole grips or something, or do you have to cut them flush.

GRUNT 16V
05-10-09, 03:18 PM
fit the engine its not hard to fit the carb after

garyc
05-10-09, 04:56 PM
I've got an adapter plate and air filter adapter for sale. PM me if your interested. Also choke cable if you need one.

saloon3
05-10-09, 05:37 PM
jim-bob ..they unscrew , you need the threaded holes they are fitted to, to fit the adaptor plate.

jimbob-mcgrew
06-10-09, 09:06 PM
jim-bob ..they unscrew , you need the threaded holes they are fitted to, to fit the adaptor plate.

ah i see, makes more sense to me now, i was wondering how the hell that plate was connected lol cheers bud :thumb: