PDA

View Full Version : Digi dash colour change mod

nutsaboutnovas
10-03-03, 09:07 PM
I am in the process of trying different things with digital clocks. In the long run i would like to build up lets say a "SERVICE" of modifying peoples digi dash's for them. e.g changing the colour emitted and so on. I have already prepared some prototypes which look very nice as they are a different colour from the norm. my question to all of you is, is there an interest for changing the colour of your digi dash's and if so how much would you be willing to pay someone on top of parts etc to carry out the modifications you desire to the dash? bearing in mind that it takes on average about 5 and a half hours to change the colour emitted from the dash.. all replies welcome and much appreciatted

cheers people!!

finlay
10-03-03, 09:35 PM
i would say 30quid with the p&p back

if your are gona do it you can do mine! 8)

whitey
10-03-03, 09:35 PM
To be honest mate there is a guide for it and someone called Ben Copeland has already tried that! And still does it I think!?

Its only a case of undoing the back, moving out a few parts, doing some sanding and scrapping and then using glass paint! Yeah I know its not as simple as that and is time consuming, but its that in a nutshell!

You mite find a few peeps interested though! Just wait and see!

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 09:52 PM
I ask ?20 for the conversion. Plus an additional ?5 to cover postage back to you (recorded delivery).

theres your answer

its already done mate............ so you couldnt charge anything MORE unless it was summat special.

burgessovsalford
11-03-03, 09:57 AM
Can you get UV spray?

whitey
11-03-03, 02:02 PM
As in spray them ultra violet!?

Good idea, but obviously youd need UV light to see it and it would probably cain your eyes after a while!

You can yeah, I got a UV pen! GREAT for writing on people on the sly whilst u out clubbin! They cant see it and think OK what was that about and then everyone is pissing it at them when you tell them to move over under the light on the sly!! :twisted: :twisted:

ade
11-03-03, 02:51 PM
think hes after the purple glow you see on the vw's - thats just the bulbs and clever use of acrylic dyes

Ade

burgessovsalford
11-03-03, 03:31 PM
Yeah like the purple glow colour. Is it poss? If you spray the bulbs with the uv & leave the colour plates in the digi dash white?

Ballsy
11-03-03, 07:19 PM
lol at 5 and a half hours, i changed the color ov mine and it only took bout 2 hours including fitting the dash into my new car, eg all the wiring!!!

This is a good idea, looks really good when done

Ballsy

mikeoxford
11-03-03, 09:40 PM
i bet it would look nice if you had blue LEDs in your switches etc, blue digidash, and blue radio of some description.........

whitey
11-03-03, 10:52 PM
Got it!

Blue clock! Looks nice! And blue lights by light switch on dash! Yet to change the dash to blue though!

mikeoxford
11-03-03, 11:44 PM
Yet to change the dash to blue though!

:lol: thats like the main bit :wink:

whitey
12-03-03, 12:01 AM
Yeah but i got loadsa stuff to do at the mo and since its in and works, i cant be arsed until I finish the body work or its MOT time! Which ever comes first!

Dont want it reading 112000 on the next MOT when it should be 90 odd! Just letting it give me a few free miles b4 i reset it back to the original value on the old clocks! :twisted: (For tuning reasons and due to a faulty previous dash which clocked up the miles wrong of course) :wink:

New engine soon enough n e way so doesnt really matter!

mikeoxford
12-03-03, 12:05 AM
New engine soon enough n e way so doesnt really matter!

IMO the mileage, unless backed up with service history, is more than likely fake anyway

erm :?

i wasnt going to post that that just came from the end of me fingers

think im tired

ANYWAY

what i was GOING to say

was

the mileage is a record the distance the CAR has travelled, its all the mechanical parts i take into account, not just the engine.

thats how i always view it anyhow

whitey
12-03-03, 12:10 AM
Me too really, specially since if you counted say every minute or whateva it is that the engine is running whilst car still as the equivalent to a mile, then mileage on most of our cars would be over 250000

finlay
13-03-03, 02:46 PM
has any one got any realy good pic's?

whitey
13-03-03, 03:03 PM
see

nova-land.com!

Interior Guides!

mikeoxford
13-03-03, 09:14 PM
see

nova-land.com!

Interior Guides!

8) its useful sometimes then!

finlay
14-03-03, 12:35 AM
cant see any :!:

whitey
14-03-03, 01:19 AM
DEFFO is!

If not then its Mikes POOOOOOR site designing!

Try a search on google for astra digi-dash or post a seperate message if all else fails!

mikeoxford
14-03-03, 12:12 PM
DEFFO is!

If not then its Mikes POOOOOOR site designing!

Try a search on google for astra digi-dash or post a seperate message if all else fails!

:o

tis getting new look for the summer anyway

and some new content which will pull the visitors more than jordan!

finlay
14-03-03, 09:59 PM
ther is stuff about the dash an colour changing :twisted: but no gd pic's :(

nova dosed
15-03-03, 01:47 AM
yup ben did do it hes quite useful like that

http://www.novauk.net/

thats the address for clour changes and diagrams for digi clocks

whitey
15-03-03, 02:07 PM
LOL Mikes site links to that n e way! And there is no pics of it actually working and colour changed either!