PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled... again

Rysee
04-10-09, 09:54 PM
I was travelling spiritedly around a roundabout, and got pulled for missing my rear light, he goes on to find i'm missing my front offside headlight

He makes me change both as i had spare bulbs

Then he checks my tyres, the rear 2 were slightly perished he said "Do you do handbrake turns?" I commit Failicide and say no officer as I haven't got one.

I ended up with a producer for my MOT cert. and I have to get a garage to fix the handbrake even though i have the cables and keep meaning to do them.

Moral of the story, stick to the speed limit and drive a car that's in MOT condition

burgo
04-10-09, 09:58 PM
Moral of the story, stick to the speed limit and drive a car that's in MOT condition

WOW thanks didnt know that :roll:

ive havnt been pulled in years, kinda says something about you if u keep getting pulled

Rysee
04-10-09, 09:59 PM
Well 3 times in a year, i think that's a lot, twice for no reason though

AlexW
04-10-09, 10:00 PM
Well it couldnt have been for nothing, Else they wouldnt have pulled you?

mowgli
WOW thanks didnt know that :roll:

ive havnt been pulled in years, kinda says something about you if u keep getting pulled

cough cough:thumb:

burgo
Well 3 times in a year, i think that's a lot, twice for no reason thoughthey dont pull you for no reason

Benn
04-10-09, 10:03 PM
"Missing my rear light" what you where driving with out a light at all?

Really? That's funk all. 17 times was my best...

Rysee
04-10-09, 10:05 PM

Really? 17 times was my best...

Once was in wales and he said i was acting suspiciously, i have no clue what he meant

the other i suppose was my hazards coming on when i indicated so not for nowt true

No just the top bulb out

mowgli
04-10-09, 10:06 PM
i once got tugged for a faulty brakelight, jumped out, ran round the back, asked the rozzer which one it was, gave it a wiggle, checked it worked, thanked the rozzer for letting me know & drove off. there was no follow up from the law over it... attitude is everything with police

MK999
04-10-09, 10:08 PM
Once was in wales and he said i was acting suspiciously, i have no clue what he meant

Did you have a sheep in the boot?

Saloony
04-10-09, 10:08 PM

Really? That's funk all. 17 times was my best...

18 was my best in my first year of driving. And looking at it now there was plenty of reason for being pulled lol

And what on earth made you say 'i dont have a handbrake', you missed the intelligence bus didnt you?

Benn
04-10-09, 10:09 PM

the other i suppose was my hazards coming on when i indicated so not for nowt true

No just the top bulb out

They can pull you for anything they want. I've had every story under the sun.

I used to get pulled cause i worked nights/late evening and drove a nova..
When i got out of the car in a suit, i got funny looks from the filth.

Driving with a bulb out tho, i mean you can see a headlight bulbs out..

Benn
04-10-09, 10:10 PM
18 was my best in my first year of driving. And looking at it now there was plenty of reason for being pulled lol

I bet, your well shifty!

bmw156
lol, i have never ever been pulled in 5/6 years of being on the road, and thats moped x 2, a few motorbikes, and now my nova. i have been followed once, b but never pulled

good times

mowgli

in wales, he'd be more suspicious if he didn't have a sheep in the boot

brainsnova
04-10-09, 10:11 PM
i seen an asian boy in the scrappies today wearing a suit, he also got funny looks lol

bmw156
04-10-09, 10:11 PM

lol +

MK999
04-10-09, 10:12 PM
in wales, he'd be more suspicious if he didn't have a sheep in the boot

That was my point, but you ruined my follow up line after he said no :(

Rysee
04-10-09, 10:12 PM
They can pull you for anything they want. I've had every story under the sun.

I used to get pulled cause i worked nights/late evening and drove a nova..
When i got out of the car in a suit, i got funny looks from the filth.

Driving with a bulb out tho, i mean you can see a headlight bulbs out..

Well i did think it was dim, had just the sidelight, Vauxhall headlights in my experience are poo anyway

Yes Saloony I did, for a second completely forgot

Indeed Mowgli, I am always very polite to them i tried whacking it but the filament had gone

Saloony
04-10-09, 10:13 PM
I bet, your well shifty!

lol as it happens, car was insured in my dads name, who shares the same name as a convict thats been had for assults and thefts. Not only that i drove like a tit (tho not pulled for it, altho maybe once) the exhaust was stupid loud, and it was a nova saloon, quite a few coppers ripped me for that.

Benn
04-10-09, 10:15 PM
Indeed Mowgli, I am always very polite to them i tried whacking it but the filament had gone

Last time i was pulled and fined (on my way to a png meet) i said thank you when the cop gave me the info and ticket, he said "you dont have to thank me, i've just fined you" i told him i was bought up with manners"... He didnt seem impressed with that.

Rysee
04-10-09, 10:17 PM
haha^^

Although i've seen roadwars where they have let people off even though they have been very rude

mowgli
04-10-09, 10:18 PM
haha^^

Although i've seen roadwars where they have let people off even though they have been very rude

or because the police car has a camera crew in the back, and no room for arrestees

Rysee
04-10-09, 10:19 PM
They call for a van

brainsnova
04-10-09, 10:20 PM
i got pulled in my nova once by two woman coppers only to be asked where i got my front spotlights.

Benn
Every things that's on tv is different.

Saloony
Last time i was pulled and fined (on my way to a png meet) i said thank you when the cop gave me the info and ticket, he said "you dont have to thank me, i've just fined you" i told him i was bought up with manners"... He didnt seem impressed with that.

A mate of mine allowed this girl to drive his C plate micra round a shopping car park, (we're 17) and she smacked the throttle and hit a post. It wasnt private property, councils, marched them to the cop shop, and after all the finger pointing, his mum turned and said 'now dean what do you have to say to the officers?' Reply; 'Thanks for having me'. Classic lol

Benn
04-10-09, 10:25 PM
lol lol lol Legend!

Rich
04-10-09, 10:46 PM
lol

They can pull you for no reason they just give you a crap exscuse like its a random check. They cant say "because your young and drive a nova"

They can check car/insurance details etc on the computer

Rysee
04-10-09, 10:53 PM
Normally i give them no reason to pull me

While i was sat there with the 2 cop cars, a old couple in a Ford people carrier (Gallaxy? 57 plate) drove past with fogs on, and one copper mentioned pulling them until he saw they were about 80

Benn
04-10-09, 10:56 PM
And that is the problem.^

Rysee
04-10-09, 10:58 PM
People could argue, statically pulling me for one light out could unearth a major crime such as a me being drunk or having drugs onboard rather then 80 year old probably being law abiding citizens other then the fogs

Spudly
04-10-09, 11:00 PM
I went through a stage of being pulled left right and centre for no apparent reason in my old fiestas, clocked up about twentyfive producers in the space of eleven months, photocopied all of them and went in to the local cop shop with a formal complaint over it, i received a letter of apology and promises that it would be looked into, shortly after that i got my first nova and although i used to get funny looks from most of the coppers passing by i seem to only have been pulled a hadfull of times in about ten novas over the years.

Most annoying one was a traffic copper who stopped me for having a numberplate light out, i said it was fine an hour or so earlier when i had left my house, he asked how i knew, so i told him we have security gates so i leave my lights on when i get out to lock the gates after driving through and give my rear lights a quick check, he didnt beleive me but then seemed rather shocked that i carried a spare and changed it in his presence, but still gave me a VDR form which i was most annoyed about as i had rectified the fault at the roadside:(

Rysee
04-10-09, 11:02 PM
Ahh he didn't give me mine for lights as i fixed by the roadside

jackbd
04-10-09, 11:23 PM
I haven't been pulled for 5 years (touch wood) probably cos I am getting old or just looking it... haven't been id'd for longer!

the feds will only tug you for doing something wrong/suspicious, just the way it goes.

The last time I got tugged it was for "racing" a 911 down at a cruise, 5 points for due care, one provisional license back (got previous 5 for a smack) and Fekkin expensive insurance for the last five years.

Point is, the golden rule is DONT GET CAUGHT!

Benn
04-10-09, 11:24 PM
the feds will only tug you for doing something wrong/suspicious, just the way it goes.

lol lol lol where did you get that from...

General Baxter
04-10-09, 11:27 PM
iv only been pulled once,

you try to explain to a copped that i shot a flame at his car as the choke was on lol

jackbd
04-10-09, 11:27 PM
lol lol lol where did you get that from...

Grounds for a stop.

GRANTED they will pull you for pretty much anything, but the point is don't give them any excuse!

CoolTiger
04-10-09, 11:28 PM
Well 3 times in a year, i think that's a lot, twice for no reason thoughlol thats nothing 4 times in a week 2 of them no reason eg just seeing whos about this time a night

Benn
04-10-09, 11:28 PM
They will and can pull you for anything they wont. They dont have to have an reason.

MK999
04-10-09, 11:32 PM
They will and can pull you for anything they wont. They dont have to have an reason.

They need a reason, bull**** looks good on paper though, and I reckon your rear left does look bald from a distance tbh lol

Benn
04-10-09, 11:33 PM
Sadly im sure they dont.

Spudly
04-10-09, 11:34 PM
Benn is correct, they might just have a feeling youre up to no good, so can pull you over for a looksee, no reason is needed other than their judgment!

MK999
04-10-09, 11:35 PM
Suspicious behaviour is grounds for a pull though isn't it? afaik they legally need some reason to pull you over other than we felt like it?

jackbd
04-10-09, 11:36 PM
Sadly im sure they dont.

standard practise fella,

i'm not saying that every copper does it by the book, not by a long shot, but thats the way it does go!

jackbd
04-10-09, 11:38 PM
Suspicious behaviour is grounds for a pull though isn't it? afaik they legally need some reason to pull you over other than we felt like it?

presence in area is sufficient I'm afraid

and if you are pulled over at 4am with a car full of people don't say:

" I AIN'T DONE NUFFIN!"

Cos you're asking for a shafting! lol

Benn
04-10-09, 11:39 PM
Benn is correct, they might just have a feeling youre up to no good, so can pull you over for a looksee, no reason is needed other than their judgment!

aha as i said and spud says, they can do what they want. No one questions what they do.

Spudly
04-10-09, 11:39 PM
Suspicious behaviour is grounds for a pull though isn't it?

Exactly, they dont need a reason, they can stop you because they want to and say it was because you roused their suspicion, you cannot prove or disprove suspicion, therefore no reason is needed:thumb:

General Baxter
04-10-09, 11:41 PM
i pulled my self over sat, lol

there was a copper checking for tax, i asked him did it read my number plate ok,

he said yeah and i drove off lol

Rysee
04-10-09, 11:42 PM
i pulled my self over sat, lol

there was a copper checking for tax, i asked him did it read my number plate ok,

he said yeah and i drove off lol
hahah rep

Spudly
04-10-09, 11:45 PM
Lol your mad nick lol

Ive pulled a copper before now, coming down the motorway into hull i came off at the humber bridge roundabout, took it about 30mph and got a slide on in the cav (torrential rain) and noticed a car rolled into the bushes and trees just after the roundabout, pulled over for a look (1am so was a little wary) couldnt see anyone in or around the car, exhaust and sump were cold as the car was on its side, so i thought id best tell a copper, took me thirty minutes of looking to find one then about five minutes following him and flashing him to get him to pull over just so i could let him know, as i couldnt get around the other side of the car to see if anyone had been thrown out of it so i thought id do my good deed for the day and report it, coppers are bloody hard to pull over when you dont have blue lights or neons and charver additions to your car lol

General Baxter
04-10-09, 11:47 PM
Lol your mad nick lol

i know most of the police around here, they know im nuts and what i drivelol

large_steve182
04-10-09, 11:47 PM
lol thats nothing 4 times in a week 2 of them no reason eg just seeing whos about this time a night

should of have a bit of a play with him.

"well i was hoping to bump into a big strong gentleman like yourself"

and see where it goes from there

Rysee
04-10-09, 11:49 PM

I don't see how getting bummed would be fun

jackbd
04-10-09, 11:50 PM
Exactly, they dont need a reason, they can stop you because they want to and say it was because you roused their suspicion, you cannot prove or disprove suspicion, therefore no reason is needed:thumb:

that is the reason matey, suspicion is the key when you haven't physically done anything wrong.

to a copper who likes modifying cars (esp Novas) they won't batter an eyelid.

an old git on the other hand... hope you've got some worthers orignals ready!

jackbd
04-10-09, 11:52 PM
coppers are bloody hard to pull over when you dont have blue lights or neons and charver additions to your car lol

lol lol lol

MK999
04-10-09, 11:52 PM
coppers are bloody hard to pull over when you dont have blue lights or neons and charver additions to your car lol

I hear they have a phone number though lol

Spudly
04-10-09, 11:54 PM
I hear they have a phone number though lol

Yes but whan you dont know it then you gots to go and find a fed lol

Nova_Tek
04-10-09, 11:56 PM
Hmm... just goes to show, check you lights work on a regular basis and change them if they are shot. Gave them a perfectly good reason to check you out further.

I got pulled twice in the Nova just for random checks.

Once when a cop was following me, probably saw 2 young guys in a modfied lowered Nova, they were behind me for a good few mintues probably ran my details through the computer and stopped me. Asking me for my licence, where Im off to (I was off to Uni and had my ID card around my neck.), who Im insured with, any mods etc Just a random check.

The second time coming back from uni, que of cars at some red lights with officers standing there. I roll up and blam 2 female officers one of them raise her hand and tell me to drive into a nearby park car park, where there were 20 odd officers and a few vans checking a whole heap of cars. They ask me the obvious, check the car once over asking things like 'Is it lowered', where are you coming from (again had my uni ID card around my neck), details, insurer blah blah.

Always get them commenting on 'she looks good mate. What year is she? 85? Corr blimey good nick for the age' lol

All the officers were ok attitude wise coz I responded naturally, other people behind me getting worked up and giving some sarky remarks FAIL.

If they wanna pull you they will, give them something to pull you for and they'll use it simples.

CoolTiger
04-10-09, 11:59 PM

lol had a girl in the car that wouldnt of been amused if i said that

djshaggeh
04-10-09, 11:59 PM
When I was younger, my friend and I got stopped and searched. On the search form thing, they wrote, reason for stop: car smelt heavily of marijuana. I remember thinking, damn they most have a good sense of smell.

I used to get pulled lots and they gave me every reason under the sun as to why they've stopped me. Best thing to do is to be as polite and helpful as possible. Making sure that your one hundred percent legit. You'll get the odd arsehole trying to wind you up. But they soon get bored as long as your polite, helpful and legit.

Rysee
05-10-09, 12:00 AM
The officer commented on my engine bay saying it really was in bad condition, i said its 17 years old, bound to be the odd drop of oil

jackbd
05-10-09, 12:01 AM
Yes but whan you dont know it then you gots to go and find a fed lol

Going round a roundabout a few times usually brings them out :thumb:

CoolTiger
05-10-09, 12:02 AM
yea what i have found is be nice and polite helpful and they will be sound back and wont waste your time, but if u be a cnut with them they will keep you there for ages doing vehicale searchs person searches ect

jackbd
05-10-09, 12:06 AM
yea what i have found is be nice and polite helpful and they will be sound back and wont waste your time, but if u be a cnut with them they will keep you there for ages doing vehicale searchs person searches ect

out of all the times i was stopped my car was never searched...
...probably to do with the fact that i was SH1TTING myself at the time:roll:

IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO!!!

Rich
05-10-09, 12:09 AM
My favourite pull was

"we have pulled you over on suspision of drugs"

So i say ok,

"we are going to search your car"

Meanwhilte my mate is up against the wall being bum searched, the copper over my side looked in the door pocket, shut the door and started asking me about the car.

"clean this one, whats the engine" lol

Or 2 blonde birds (coppers) pulled me over for not having my lights on. Tried to explain i didnt realise as the roads were well lit and my dash is always lit because its digital. I then got a lecture about how i can check the reflections off the car in front and sign posts to see if they are on. What they dont realise is i could light a candle and get a better light lol

Rysee
05-10-09, 12:09 AM
out of all the times i was stopped my car was never searched...
...probably to do with the fact that i was SH1TTING myself at the time:roll:

IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO!!!

I've had mine searched as i was sat in a car park with a girl and they apparently get a lot of car break ins. They didn't like my sheet metal cutters in the boot but after i showed them that they open about 3mm they agreed they wouldn't cut chains and let me go

jackbd
05-10-09, 12:13 AM
I've had mine searched as i was sat in a car park with a girl and they apparently get a lot of car break ins. They didn't like my sheet metal cutters in the boot but after i showed them that they open about 3mm they agreed they would cut chains and let me go

"... don't ask me how they missed the petrol cut-off saw on the back seat!"

Rysee
05-10-09, 12:15 AM
"... don't ask me how they missed the petrol cut-off saw on the back seat!"

No i dunno how they missed the buglers outfit from the joke shop

jackbd
05-10-09, 12:18 AM
No i dunno how they missed the buglers outfit from the joke shop

Probably eyeing up the empty mcdonalds boxes, getting a bit excited!

AlexW
05-10-09, 12:28 AM
Never been pulled in any of my old ****ters, Nova was followed for a while but overtook me.

Was pulled in my clio, Was told it was just a check as young driver + near brand new car. As long as your not a **** with them there fine.

Jack
05-10-09, 01:00 AM
lol had a girl in the car that wouldnt of been amused if i said that
Your mum doesn't constitute a "girl".

I've never really been pulled, a copper did pull up alongside me once when I was dropping my mate off home one evening soon after I purchased the Celica (granted, it was one of the more shonky areas of town). Asked was the car mine (yes officer), had I been drinking (no officer), and oh ok then its just that one of these cars is known to us. I knew there was only two others in the area; one was a fella who was as straight as they come and rarely frequented Yobvil, the other was mid-rebuild and hadn't has his one on the road for about a year. Fail.

MK999
05-10-09, 01:01 AM
Did you ask him what car you were apparently driving? It probably would have been met with "err..." lol

Spudly
05-10-09, 01:09 AM
Funniest one ive ever had was when i got stopped on the motorway out of hull by a traffic copper with a lass in an astra GSi we were racing according to him, 80mph by my slightly out speedo:s

So anyways ended up with points for it as the other lass admitted it (so i thought) so anyways, he says yeah theyre pretty fast those (nodding towards my turbo rep diesel cav) err, what actually is it, its a cavalier (oh yes its a GSi isnt it, he jumped in) no, i said its a diesel, to which he looked at me and said son, im not stupid you know so i just Lol'd and told him to pnc check it, when it came back as a diesel he looked a little red in the cheeks, and i commented hmmm, not stupid eh, think thats probably why i ended up with the points lol

LEWI007
05-10-09, 08:16 AM
Funniest one ive ever had was when i got stopped on the motorway out of hull by a traffic copper with a lass in an astra GSi we were racing according to him, 80mph by my slightly out speedo:s

So anyways ended up with points for it as the other lass admitted it (so i thought) so anyways, he says yeah theyre pretty fast those (nodding towards my turbo rep diesel cav) err, what actually is it, its a cavalier (oh yes its a GSi isnt it, he jumped in) no, i said its a diesel, to which he looked at me and said son, im not stupid you know so i just Lol'd and told him to pnc check it, when it came back as a diesel he looked a little red in the cheeks, and i commented hmmm, not stupid eh, think thats probably why i ended up with the points lol

Epic pwnage lol:thumb:

Stuart
05-10-09, 08:49 AM
I was going down a hill in a local town with the cruise on to see if it could hold 30mph... it didnt lol and there was a sodding mobile speed trap just round the corner. So I went about the stuff I needed toget done and went back, stopped by the speed trap and asked them if they got me..... During that time loads and loads of cars started hauling ass up the hill lol They seemed very miffed about missing those cars :d

Stevenage seems to be crawling with ANPR sentinal cars and even with my dash mount number plate I never get any grief :)

Rickyb
05-10-09, 09:00 AM
theres some great stories in here lol

saloon3
05-10-09, 09:54 AM
Got pulled in my loon while pulling into my work at 8am , one patrol car and one transit , 4 cops in total.. ' is this car stolen' no i replied ' where are you going' to my work hence i've pulled into a ford garage and wearing ford overalls i replied, ' dont be cheeky son' you started it by asking if my car was stolen, did you not check the plate on your system before stopping me i said,' yes we did thats why we stopped you , the plate does not match the car' ... turns out they typed in an 8 instead of a 9 for one of the numbers on the plate... ooooooooooohhhh major red face for the nice policeman... and of course by this time all the guys from workshop are out watching all this unfold..classic

Jon_nova1
05-10-09, 10:29 AM
I've only been pulled a couple of times in a nova.

Once was because it was about 2AM, the officer pulled me,

i said "whats up mate"

he said "just making sure the car insn't stolen" lol

asked me if it was mine, checked the ignition and let me go

The other time was doing 70ish on a 40 dual carraigeway at around 2AM strangely, but my number plate was tagged, so they opted to go for the more severe crime i'd commited, so rather than getting points and a fine....i got a first time offence caution lol

And been pulled once in the mazda for "illegal number plates" which were illegal, and are even smaller now lol he seemed more interested in the car asking what power its running, whats the fastest its been...160ish on private land officer lol he said he was coming to see my new plates on saturday, i told him i'd have a cuppa tea ready....i never got that visit lol

nov4801
05-10-09, 01:07 PM
the last time i got pulled was in my 1.2 nova, the reason for pulling me, because i was driving a nova. had mot, tax, insurance, everything was working, tyres all in good nick,

Lauren
05-10-09, 01:59 PM
What kind of tit tells a copper he has no handbrake? :roll:

NovaBoi92
05-10-09, 02:33 PM
was out with my mate the other night. he had a back light out, got pulled over. reason for being pulled - the officer thought he was drunk.. didnt even mention his rear light lol

mayhem
05-10-09, 02:56 PM
i get pulled all the time. 'youre atrecting oure attention' blablabla

got pulled twice in 1 month with the astra mk1.. both times the asked me about it, and how cool it was to see one in this condition on the roads lol

MK999
05-10-09, 03:42 PM
I've only been pulled a couple of times in a nova.

Once was because it was about 2AM, the officer pulled me,

i said "whats up mate"

he said "just making sure the car insn't stolen" lol

asked me if it was mine, checked the ignition and let me go

So if you just smashed someone up for the key that's alright lol

wwmnw
05-10-09, 04:30 PM
What kind of tit tells a copper he has no handbrake? :roll:
I did that too a while ago, I was in :(McDonalds:( with a couple of mates, I was in the drive through in my mates car (I was passenger) got out of the drive through and spoke to some people we know.

Another mate came over and tells me I have been reported for doing hand brake turns, I went over to the copper and asked what I had done and pointed out that I was in the drive through, cop said I had been doing HB turns, I said "Nee way like pet, me handbrake doesn't even work like"

Everyone laughed, I was being semi serious (needed tightening up a bit) cops laughed too thankfully.

TL;DR cops laughed when I told them my handbrake didn't work.

Jon_nova1
05-10-09, 05:05 PM
So if you just smashed someone up for the key that's alright lol

I guess solol but im sure if i was acting nervous he'd question me more, it wasn't even a thorough check, i still had the keys in the ignition when he came to the window and he just looked at the key in the ignitionlol

jackbd
05-10-09, 05:14 PM
I guess solol but im sure if i was acting nervous he'd question me more, it wasn't even a thorough check, i still had the keys in the ignition when he came to the window and he just looked at the key in the ignitionlol

"act cool, act cool!"

NASTYNOVA
05-10-09, 05:18 PM

pfft!! try that in a week!! i used to drive big family cars, omega, astra etc and due to my age at the time (19) i got pulled constantly!! got to yhe point where i carried my docs and pulled over before the dibbles had a chance to put there lights on!! lol

Jon_nova1
05-10-09, 05:20 PM
yer man, i did all that, window down, rested the arm on the door gangsta style, a big smile as if to say "your doing an awesome job" we got the sh*t back easy:cool:

you know what?! fcuk it, have some replol

jackbd
05-10-09, 05:33 PM
yer man, i did all that, window down, rested the arm on the door gangsta style, a big smile as if to say "your doing an awesome job" we got the sh*t back easy:cool:

lol!

NOVA_LEE
05-10-09, 05:56 PM
every nova ive had was a day to day basis i used to get pulled. so it got into a routine. get in nova go for a mooch pick up people then the "tweeds", soon as police see us hide whatever an make up a story, best was wen i got me nova saloon i couldnt afford springs so i took out the old angle grinder an yes people its dangerous an stupid an highly not advised but took it to the springs, police alwayys used to pull saying it looked abit low so being the police blagging king i came back with the excuses "i know officer, its the lowerd springs an shortend shocks, hense its ride hight"

moral of story is just blag blag blag an coppers shall bellive lol

dannyb
05-10-09, 06:08 PM
Took 3 mates who I've not seen for a while to a curry house in Stockport on Saturday night and took a roundabout in my Audi at about 45 without thinkng that one of the passengers was now a detective constable...might have come in handy had I been pulled though.
Didn't have too many problems in my more door Nova though, mainly because it was well maintained, driven carefully where it needed to be and looked like mums shopping car.

Riggy
05-10-09, 07:21 PM
never been pulled in my white nova , was pulled 2 in my grey sr , both 4am in morning and was watched coming out of a club then getting into my car , was stopped to see if i had been drinking (i dont drink lol)

been stopped loads of times in the astra always for speeding lol always been top coppers though and let me go :thumb:

nova_saloon
05-10-09, 07:23 PM
i judst get pulled alot for what the call cough *random Checks* cough

Markd89
05-10-09, 07:24 PM
i got pulled for having no rear wiper ...
Tried to give me a ticket for it, i laughed

twistysnovagte
05-10-09, 07:26 PM
never pulled/stopchecked in the nova for 4 years,then last year )as its been off the road so long),i was pulled 3 times in the space of ten days(all stop checks)twice by the same copper(says it was just to make sure it was me behind the wheel ............

MattBrown
05-10-09, 07:28 PM
I get pulled all the time!

Its great fun, Been let off with

Tyres, Loud exhaust (No law), Blowing exhaust, 1 Brake light, No number plate light, Smashed Windscreen, Pink rear light (Tossers),

Not got away with: Seatbelt not on, speeding, and a section 59 for "Riding erratically, and calling the ciopper a dick, lets be honest, a moped doing 70? Get a ****ing grip!"

large_steve182
05-10-09, 07:44 PM
im still waiting to pop my police stop cherry

jackbd
05-10-09, 07:49 PM
im still waiting to pop my police stop cherry

bend over ;)

...oops wrong cherry :tard:

Lauren
05-10-09, 08:56 PM
My other half used to drive illegally (doesn't since he met me!) and his first car was a Nova. He bought it for 90 quid, and the only reason it was that much was because it had four brand new tyres on it. It's exhast was a bit of scaffold that was tied on the underside of the car through a rusted hole, it had no tax, no MOT and obviously he had no license.
He ran out of petrol and was sitting on a side street when a copper came and asked if he was alright. The copper went to the nearest petrol station, bought him a jerry can of petrol, came back, filled his car up, helped him turn it around and sent him on his way. To top it all off he also had a huge bag of weed in his pocket at the time. :roll:

Jack
05-10-09, 09:01 PM
What wonderful company you attract. lol

Benn
05-10-09, 09:45 PM
Wow he sounds lovely... lol

Lauren
05-10-09, 09:53 PM
I thought it was pretty funny tbh. lol

Rysee
05-10-09, 09:57 PM
I thought it was pretty funny tbh. lol

Haha look there goes that guy that stabbed 3 grannys, funny bloke him

NASTYNOVA
05-10-09, 10:19 PM

ha ha, nah, nothin like that here mate!! never bodykits and ****e either!! just come from a bad area (the bronx as alan says) most people my age would have nicked the car, so its understandable, the dibbles round my way tend to be ok once they know your legit, and you can have a crack on, then the same one pulls you the next day and you have to fanny on again!! :( tbh the only car i havnt been constantly pulled in is jades boy racery corsa-b!!

Southie
05-10-09, 10:44 PM
In my old sr I got pulled over 30 times in a month. It was all because some dick was doing houses over in a White nova so they kept pulling me. It got to the point where I reported them. It soon stopped.

Nova_Tek
05-10-09, 11:21 PM
lol didn't they ever wonder why there were so many white Nova's around them parts

Lauren
05-10-09, 11:22 PM
Haha look there goes that guy that stabbed 3 grannys, funny bloke him

Oh yeah, all people that drove without a license for a while and smoke weed once a month go out and stab grannies, probably much the same as all Nova drivers are chavvy, binge-drinking, jobless losers that never get laid, you fcuking retard.

Rysee
05-10-09, 11:25 PM
Oh yeah, all people that drove without a license for a while and smoke weed once a month go out and stab grannies, probably much the same as all Nova drivers are chavvy, binge-drinking, jobless losers that never get laid, you fcuking retard.

whoa 1 out of 5 insults correct... WINNAR

MK999
05-10-09, 11:26 PM

I'm gonna go for binge drinking, how'd i do?

edit: not meant to be personal btw, just the most likely considering I don't know you lol

jackbd
05-10-09, 11:27 PM

lol lol

put me down for binge drinker!

Rysee
05-10-09, 11:28 PM
Nope haha

Lauren
05-10-09, 11:34 PM

My bet's on the never getting laid one.

jackbd
05-10-09, 11:37 PM
Nope haha

fcukin retard?

Rysee
05-10-09, 11:37 PM
My bet's on the never getting laid one.
DING DING DING

Lauren
05-10-09, 11:40 PM
Unlucky. Maybe if you stopped being so childish and stereotypical about people women may find you more attractive.

Rysee
05-10-09, 11:41 PM
Unlucky. Maybe if you stopped being so childish and stereotypical about people women may find you more attractive.
It's by choice atm, thank for judging my personality through a user name on a website

jackbd
05-10-09, 11:43 PM
woah come on guys, it's only banter!!

djshaggeh
05-10-09, 11:44 PM
smoke weed - yes
chavvy - yes
binge-drinking - yes
Jobless - was up until a few weeks ago
never get laid - nope
retard - yes

I'd say 5 out of 6, well done. Can you predict lottery numbers?

Lauren
05-10-09, 11:45 PM
Actually, I judged it on your post, I would have thought that was fairly obvious.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now, mainly because I want to get laid (my own choice atm mind) so if you have any further issues with my boyfriends granny-stabbing antics please feel free to pm me.

wwmnw
05-10-09, 11:46 PM
smoke weed - yes
chavvy - yes
binge-drinking - yes
Jobless - was up until a few weeks ago
never get laid - nope
retard - yes
C0ck jockey - yes

I'd say 5 out of 6, well done. Can you predict lottery numbers?

Cant count - yes. Lolwut

Rysee
05-10-09, 11:47 PM
Actually, I judged it on your post, I would have thought that was fairly obvious.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now, mainly because I want to get laid (my own choice atm mind) so if you have any further issues with my boyfriends granny-stabbing antics please feel free to pm me.

LOLs

wwmnw
05-10-09, 11:50 PM
LOLs

WNAT SEX!?!?!!?!?1?111/!?!!?!

jackbd
05-10-09, 11:51 PM
WNAT SEX!?!?!!?!?1?111/!?!!?!

are you offering yourself to him?

wwmnw
05-10-09, 11:53 PM
are you offering yourself to him?

Are you jealous?

Rysee
05-10-09, 11:53 PM
see this is exactly why I don't get laid atm, I like a challenge and some boys are just too easy

djshaggeh
05-10-09, 11:54 PM
lol

jackbd
05-10-09, 11:55 PM
Are you jealous?

God yeah, just to keep it to the PM's, you don't want folk like me getting jealous all the time! :p

wwmnw
05-10-09, 11:59 PM
see this is exactly why I don't get laid atm, I like a challenge and some boys are just too easy

LIEZ I have the MSN convo to proof it y0

Rysee says:
would you like to penetrate my stink hole

lostboy says:
WOULD I! :D

Rysee says
meet me at the telford whitehouse friday 9pm x

Rysee has logged out

Rysee
06-10-09, 12:02 AM
Them be lies^^^ i wouldn't set foot in our Whitehouse,

more likely to get bad aids from the carpet then anything else

jackbd
06-10-09, 12:02 AM
oh dear :gay:

wwmnw
06-10-09, 12:03 AM
Them be lies^^^ i wouldn't set foot in our Whitehouse,

more likely to get bad aids from the carpet then anything else

You already caught teh bad aidz from our last rendezvous :cry:

Rysee
06-10-09, 12:06 AM
Last rendezvous I think you have me confused

Jack
06-10-09, 12:10 AM
probably much the same as all Nova drivers are chavvy, binge-drinking, jobless losers that never get laid, you fcuking retard.
So you bought another Nova then?

wwmnw
06-10-09, 12:13 AM
Last rendezvous I think you have me confused

You have forgot already? :cry: you told me I was speshul :cry:

J4MES
06-10-09, 01:57 AM
So you bought another Nova then?

lolz

Stuart
06-10-09, 09:15 AM
all Nova drivers are chavvy, binge-drinking, jobless losers that never get laid, you fcuking retard.

I has plastic car - chav
on the official definition of binge drinking (10 units, so 3-5 pints) - yes
jobless - did have a 3 month job holiday at the start of the year
never get laid - true, as I'm too lazy to get it off the mrs
WIN :d

Jon_nova1
06-10-09, 11:05 AM
I has plastic car - chav
on the official definition of binge drinking (10 units, so 3-5 pints) - yes
jobless - did have a 3 month job holiday at the start of the year
never get laid - true, as I'm too lazy to get it off the mrs
WIN :d

you did better than me, the only one that applies to me is "nova driver" oh wait! no, its not even on the road yetlol

suppose you could count binge drinking....its not like i drink 3 can's a night....its just i drink more than 10 units when i get drunk lol

Stuart
06-10-09, 11:12 AM
suppose you could count binge drinking....its not like i drink 3 can's a night....its just i drink more than 10 units when i get drunk lol

same here... I drink prehaps once a week and its usually a bottle of wine or 5 pints (or a mix lol)

the nova was last "driven" by the mrs steering as I pushed it as the battery is flat lmao

Jon_nova1
06-10-09, 11:15 AM
lol hey, its not our fault they set such low levels! i might not drink for 3 weeks, then end up drinking aload of cans, or a bottle of 40% along with other stuff if its a heavy night lol

the last time mine was driven, was when i picked it up about a month and a half ago, its been getting worked on since lol

Rysee
06-10-09, 11:50 AM
I didn't realise it was so low. I drink about once a month so yep i am a binge drinker

some people really can't take a joke haha

Lauren
06-10-09, 12:34 PM
Wow, the binge drinking jobless chavvy thing was sarcasm, but it looks as though I was actually right. lol

MattBrown
06-10-09, 12:40 PM
My other half used to drive illegally (doesn't since he met me!) and his first car was a Nova. He bought it for 90 quid, and the only reason it was that much was because it had four brand new tyres on it. It's exhast was a bit of scaffold that was tied on the underside of the car through a rusted hole, it had no tax, no MOT and obviously he had no license.
He ran out of petrol and was sitting on a side street when a copper came and asked if he was alright. The copper went to the nearest petrol station, bought him a jerry can of petrol, came back, filled his car up, helped him turn it around and sent him on his way. To top it all off he also had a huge bag of weed in his pocket at the time. :roll:

Sounds like one of lifes loosers to me!

Why associate yourself with that sort of tosh?

Im sorry, but you seem like a nice girl, so associating with a weed smoking illegal driving toosh like him seems odd;)

Benn
06-10-09, 12:44 PM
I do love that some of you are so proud to be binge drinks...lol

Stuart
06-10-09, 12:44 PM
they be wronguns inside the M25 lol

Stuart
06-10-09, 12:46 PM

not pride. just "normal" practice as I and many people do.... its the govt that made up the "this is a binge" limit.

I'm sure they havent set binge eating limts but I bet that a simple bowl of ice cream would feature as one. Although to me a binge is eating the whole fecking tub lol

Benn
06-10-09, 12:47 PM
hahahaha true. I see binge drink as off your face.. Not the 10 units you spoke of.

Spudly
06-10-09, 12:51 PM

Iirc its something like anything more than four pints in one night is classed as binge drinking, hell i drink double that just going for 'a quiet one' on a work night, as said its the government that decided if you break this youre a binge drinker, my rents drink stuff thats only about 3% two nights a week, and go out to pub once a month, thats binge drinking according to the government, wtf....?

And stu, yes id agree with that hogging the whole tub would be binging although ice cream doesnt get you anywhere near as wrecked as beers, and anyways if drinking more than four pints is binge drinking, wtf do they class drapers alcohol intake as, or even for that matter my own lol

Lauren
06-10-09, 01:58 PM
Sounds like one of lifes loosers to me!

Why associate yourself with that sort of tosh?

Im sorry, but you seem like a nice girl, so associating with a weed smoking illegal driving toosh like him seems odd;)

I don't really think it's my place to say, but seeing as you ask, my boyfriend lost his mother about 5 years ago due to a brain tumour. She died at home in her bed in front of him. He took it very hard, went off the rails, took a lot of drugs, drove illegally, got in a few fights, drunk a lot and generally acted like an idiot for a couple of years.
Just before I met him, he broke up with his drug-dealing girlfriend for that reason as she wasn't doing him any favours, stopped doing the drugs, moved out of home, got a job, started a plumbing course and is generally sorting his life out. He still smokes the odd joint once a month when he fancies it but I don't hold that against him, I don't mind a bit every now and then myself.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge?

Spudly
06-10-09, 02:06 PM
I don't really think it's my place to say, but seeing as you ask, my boyfriend lost his mother about 5 years ago due to a brain tumour. She died at home in her bed in front of him. He took it very hard, went off the rails, took a lot of drugs, drove illegally, got in a few fights, drunk a lot and generally acted like an idiot for a couple of years.
Just before I met him, he broke up with his drug-dealing girlfriend for that reason as she wasn't doing him any favours, stopped doing the drugs, moved out of home, got a job, started a plumbing course and is generally sorting his life out. He still smokes the odd joint once a month when he fancies it but I don't hold that against him, I don't mind a bit every now and then myself.

Family problems or loss might explain his actions but it certiainly doesnt excuse them, what wouldve happened if he had run someone down whilst driving illegally or under the influence of drugs?

Just because youre hurting you still know right from wrong so although thats a pretty bad sob story, thats all it is tbh!

Jack
06-10-09, 03:18 PM
By "binge drinking" they mean having nothing, or very little, during the week, then spakking out at the weekend. Even if you stick to the 10 unit "limit" on a Saturday night, but drink nothing else during the week, thats binge drinking. If you're doing the same 4 or 5 pints every night, thats being an alcoholic lol

Southie
06-10-09, 03:27 PM
If you're doing the same 4 or 5 pints every night, thats being an alcoholic lol Good job I only have 4 or 5 pints through the day then, I'd hate to think I'm an alcafrolic. lol

Andy
06-10-09, 03:30 PM
Its a load of sh1te.The government think more people get hammered these days,which is true as our population is larger! Fukkwits!
I dont know how they can complain i mean think of all the taxes they make from booze-all those nights of X Television............

Stuart
06-10-09, 04:09 PM

jeeze, if thats what we are allowed to do when your mum passes away infront of you then I need to go back in time and be a bit more crazy.

The most off the rails I got was getting rather drunk in a middle of no where village on adnams broadside and then thinking the bright yellow blackdeath bourban was a good idea.... Fell out of the pub, cut my face up on the pavement and laid in the road till my dad collected me lol

Lauren
06-10-09, 06:11 PM
Family problems or loss might explain his actions but it certiainly doesnt excuse them, what wouldve happened if he had run someone down whilst driving illegally or under the influence of drugs?

Just because youre hurting you still know right from wrong so although thats a pretty bad sob story, thats all it is tbh!

I'm trying to see the point where I said it was an excuse? I just don't really appreciate people on here making my partner out to be some low-life d1ckhead when there is actually a reason behind it. My boyfriend before this one was born and bought up into a very middle class family, never touched drugs or did anything illegal really, yet he had a wandering willy and wasn't exactly shy with his fists either. So just because my partner now did a few drugs doesn't mean that he is a bad person or boyfriend.
He might have a history but he's admitted he was an idiot and is doing his best to put things right. We all make mistakes, some bigger than others.

I also find it fairly offensive that you've called it a sob story, as if I'm using it to get people to feel sorry for him or as an excuse. It's not an excuse, it's a reason.

Spudly
06-10-09, 06:17 PM
Simply trying to explain his action is in itself trying to excuse them, nothing can be done about it now and if youre happy with him then good for you.

I wasnt being offensive in any way, its just thats all it is, a sob story and everyone has them so just chill will ya!

Lauren
06-10-09, 06:24 PM
Simply trying to explain his action is in itself trying to excuse them,

That's an utterly ridiculous statement, are you saying that there are no reasons for anything, only excuses?!

I never said 'my boyfriend's mum died, so that makes it alright', I said 'my boyfriend's mum died which is why he went off the rails'.

:tard:

Jack
06-10-09, 06:24 PM
Yeah, so... anyway...

Spudly
06-10-09, 06:26 PM
Not in the slightest, the reasoning you are trying to make from it is rediculous, and no you didnt say that makes it alright, you offered it up by way of explanation behind his actions, that in itself is trying to justify them, this isnt going to progress in any other direction than downwards so i suggest we agree to disagree and let that be the last of it.

Lauren
06-10-09, 06:29 PM
Not in the slightest, the reasoning you are trying to make from it is rediculous, and no you didnt say that makes it alright, you offered it up by way of explanation behind his actions, that in itself is trying to justify them, this isnt going to progress in any other direction than downwards so i suggest we agree to disagree and let that be the last of it.

Lol, yeah of course, I have said numerous times that I agreed with what he did haven't I.

I think we probably should stop here, before I have to teach any more people how to fcuking read.

Spudly
06-10-09, 06:33 PM
I think we probably should stop here, before I have to teach any more people how to fcuking read.

Now there is simply no need for that, i said to leave it where it was so you turn to insults, childish, very childish..... so quit it!

Lauren
06-10-09, 06:35 PM
Oh, yes sir! Any more requests?

I'm sorry, but this thread has upset me a little.

Jack
06-10-09, 06:36 PM
http://www.spritestitch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/gameoverthumb.jpg