PDA

View Full Version : Magnex backbox fitting on a Novadose rear bumper?

Haps23
10-03-03, 08:41 PM
Has anyone here had problems fitting a 90 to 93 Magnex backbox on a SRi when they have a Novadose rear bumper fitted to their car. My mechanic says the only way to get around it is to cut the bumper which is something I would rather avoid. This way the rubber will hold the exhaust in place in the right position.

I've seen lots of Novas with the novadose kit who have performance backboxes fitted with no mods on their rear novadose bumper. So please can someone help?

whitey
10-03-03, 09:40 PM
All exhausts will exit at different angles slightly depending on if the nova is a mk1 or 2 for starters, or by brand as obviously they are all different, or even by how worn the rubber is holding the zorst into place, if its old and stretched, the zorst will sit slightly lower!

Mite be a case of cut bumper which isnt a biggie if you do it rite or get a diff back box which someone can recommend!

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 09:58 PM
or even by how worn the rubber is holding the zorst into place, if its old and stretched, the zorst will sit slightly lower!!

dont 4get u can buy diferent shape and size rubbers so should there be a problem...........

NovaCruiser
11-03-03, 09:17 AM
ive got a magnex backbox and a dose rear, my exhaust was too high as well so I fitted a excort RS turbo rubber which is a lot larger with three slots, it you put the exhaust bracket in the lowest slot the exhaust fits perfectually thu the dose exit, looks real sweet. Try that