PDA

View Full Version : Colt CZT

Rexy
03-10-09, 09:14 PM
anybody had a play against one of these?

been car shopping all day, came across one and thought ummm uber stelthy :D

For those clueless, they are a handy little 150brake 1.5 turbo remapped up with simple mods they can reach a healthy 200brake. Now at a kerb weight of 1060kg on paper that sounds like a plan to me.

I know a mate who has a full stripped out clio valver shell, running a f4r (clio172 phs 1) engine and it gave him problems his car is running poly carbs, no dash, two seats and has had a fair old bit of weight reduction. This thing flys on a straight lol.

i dont think they ever really sold well to be honest due to the lack of them floating around. Ive not taken oneout as yet, but i might nip up for a test drive tomorrow.

http://www.carpages.co.uk/mitsubishi/mitsubishi_images/mitsubishi_colt_czt_08_04_05.jpg

as if you would ever suspect that thing, look at it... pmsl.

Will F
03-10-09, 09:21 PM
WTF? Didnt even know these existed!lol

Must admit - if I saw one I would have a giggle, but then start to cry as ripped passed my N/A rubbish.

Rexy
03-10-09, 09:25 PM
Im going to do some more research into these, just for pure giggle factor. from the reviews they are suppose to be pretty boring to drive :(

peester
03-10-09, 09:29 PM
they look naff tho.
200bhp per tonne in that class tho is pretty rare..
you can tune the 1.4 turbo from the alfa mito, abarth 500 too tho..

areofall
03-10-09, 09:33 PM
brother in law had a new one, and at the time I had a 106 GTI, the first race my had from standing start neck and neck, second race standing start kicked his ass but he had a slight wheel spin. Nice motor though.

Jack
03-10-09, 11:03 PM
Very nice motor indeed, my mrs has a black 56 plate CZT.

Tres nippy for what it is, get it in the right gear and if the turbo is on the ball they can be quick. Drive is comfy but solid, its a little hard over rough ground an seems to have a small tendency to understeer, but otherwise doesn't handle too bad for a fwd breadvan. Interior is great, seats are comfy, dials and dash feels a little plasticky but its solid.

Mike
04-10-09, 10:17 AM
Ace little cars! A mates dad sold an Evo7 Drag car for one, spunked some monies on it & it fecking flies along Rex!