PDA

View Full Version : My story about today....

LEWI007
03-10-09, 04:51 PM
So i got this job a couple weeks ago down the local scrapyard so i can make some money to finish my nova, well i goes in today and, he cant afford to keep me anymore ffs, so i get my tools and go home then later i see my dad and he tells me theres a nova dumped down the street with the wheels on ive just bought (slabs) so me and a mate have a walk down, then the owner turns up and it had been pinched, doors were open and ignition hanging out and his gsi seats were slightly burned from where theyde tried burning it out :(, so i walk up the garage and take my nova battery out and carry it down for him so he can get it started, luckily i fired up and he gave us a lift back, said he was a member off here :thumb:

pics i took.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Image04-1.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Image05.jpg

and well anyway now my dad is moaning at me to pay him rent and stuff and im just totally sick atm....

muzzy
03-10-09, 05:24 PM
Never good when you lose your job, good on you for helping that guy out though.

novalicous
03-10-09, 05:35 PM
i reconise the plate

keep looking for work bud its a ball ache when you get let but go , but dont let it get you down

Mike
03-10-09, 05:42 PM
I recognise that plate too!

draper
03-10-09, 06:17 PM
another for recognising the plate lol

novalicous
03-10-09, 06:32 PM
Did You Get The Members Name By Any Chance? lol

AlexW
03-10-09, 07:28 PM
I too think i know the reg, And the crome strip in the bumpers.

Plug
03-10-09, 07:43 PM
i remember the plate but not the owner lol.

brainsnova
03-10-09, 07:58 PM
im wondering what alarm its got.

LEWI007
03-10-09, 09:02 PM
Me and my friend think that the "owner" woh showed up, actually wasnt the owner and he was just pinching the car infront of us, i can describe him as a 25yr old ish lad with black hair, and a mate with a new subaru with gold stickers all over it,and a woman that claimed to be pregnant :wtf:

i would like to contact the real owner and make sure he got it back incase the lad that took it wasnt actually him :cool:

brainsnova
03-10-09, 09:05 PM
Me and my friend think that the "owner" woh showed up, actually wasnt the owner and he was just pinching the car infront of us, i can describe him as a 25yr old ish lad with black hair, and a mate with a new subaru with gold stickers all over it,and a woman that claimed to be pregnant :wtf:

i would like to contact the real owner and make sure he got it back incase the lad that took it wasnt actually him :cool:

did his key fit any locks.

LEWI007
03-10-09, 09:09 PM
There was some keys left on the seat but im not sure if it was the ignition key, and from what i saw he didnt use any keys he tried joining the wires up to start it, the wires were already all hanging out, i am thinking he pinched it infront of us :(

LEWI007
03-10-09, 09:41 PM
Does anybody know who the real owner is ? id like to make sure its the same lad, because i would hate to think ive helped some strangers pinch this nova.

OH.. The license plates had Wales flags on them and said wales, he said he bought the car from wales.

Cle
03-10-09, 10:01 PM
Em dont mean to be mean but i think that guy that turned up has just stole it infront of you, i could be wrong but this is what i think tbh

Spudly
03-10-09, 10:20 PM
Last owner i knew to have that was bedford8526 or whatever it is, he was the first to buy 'that' lazer blue mk1 SR

Was sold in this thead here (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122565)

Jack
03-10-09, 10:53 PM
K*** AGS looks familiar as there's about 20 Novas on here with the same style reg

Spudly
03-10-09, 10:58 PM
K*** AGS looks familiar as there's about 20 Novas on here with the same style reg

This is very true, tis a common reg for SRi's as is WBM, there were about ten around here back in the day with WBM on the plate.

L14MNP
04-10-09, 01:37 AM
^ Aye, common as said for them to be K***AGS. However, that very car is definitley familair, and I'm certain it isn't from around this way mate!
Very suss goings on. :(

Jon_nova1
04-10-09, 01:46 AM
I'd say it was stolen in front of you, but to be honest, anyone thats worked on a nova knows what wires to join, if the wires were hanging out, he'd have no choice but to hotwire it

why would it not start/have a flat battery?

LEWI007
04-10-09, 08:24 AM
Had a flat battery yes, i brought him a battery from my nova so he could get it running.

we did ask him what engines in it and he said 1.6 and when we looked it was a 1.6, but he might of had the bonnet up before we got there.

I had seen a similar nova around the area "pennywell" before so i asked him if he was from there and he said no hes from somewhere else i cant really remember but i think it began with a "W" maybe washington i cant remember.

suppose ill just wait and see if any stolen nova ads come up, or if the real owner comes on.

Jon_nova1
04-10-09, 10:51 AM
did he say why it had a flat battery? or had it been there for a few days?

did he have anything to start it with?

LEWI007
04-10-09, 05:40 PM
Dont know why the battery was flat, and i didnt see he had anything to start it with.

Graeme
04-10-09, 05:56 PM
It was Vxandy's for a whilst, not sure who he sold it too though

Tidy Max
04-10-09, 08:14 PM
hasnt VXandy owned every nova on here? even if it was only for 5 minutes before he decided to sell it to buy another one lol

and if you have helped that guy rob the car then im sorry mate but you have got to admit, its pretty funny,

"yeah yeah, were filming a tv show, you just keep that gun pointing at that bank cashier while i fill this bag full of fake money.."

Rickyb
05-10-09, 09:27 AM
"yeah yeah, were filming a tv show, you just keep that gun pointing at that bank cashier while i fill this bag full of fake money.."

have some rep

srilee
14-10-10, 02:29 AM
for all thee ppl who thought a stole the car infront of him no it was my car it got stole from fern street on the day of my dads funarel and i would like to say thanks 4 the help but sadly the car was stolen a month later and painted white with house paint grrrrrrrrrr

JensonLEI
14-10-10, 05:43 AM
for all thee ppl who thought a stole the car infront of him no it was my car it got stole from fern street on the day of my dads funarel and i would like to say thanks 4 the help but sadly the car was stolen a month later and painted white with house paint grrrrrrrrrr

Was stolen a month ago? What the funk is going on here, I thought he posted this thread because it was recent, were is Sherlock when I need him.

bazil
14-10-10, 05:48 AM
Well watson the thread is a year old lol

Jack
14-10-10, 08:16 AM
Well watson the thread is a year old lol
I was reading through the thread and then saw my own post. Don't remember replying to this... oh wait, its an old thread. lol

JensonLEI
14-10-10, 10:22 AM
Oh shiz lmfao

Danny s-p
14-10-10, 11:10 AM
that nova that got stolen and panted white was in a local scrappy and i now have it fuel pump

L14MNP
14-10-10, 12:29 PM

Sorry to hear that mate. :( I guess it was you driving it when I seen you in Murton then? The driver wasn't ragging it or anything which made me think it was with it's rightful owner. I see you found my post too.

If it's any consolation it looked awesome mate. :thumb:

16v Nova Kev
14-10-10, 07:48 PM
that nova that got stolen and panted white was in a local scrappy and i now have it fuel pump

oh youl get done for reset:thumb:

Gareth_C
14-10-10, 08:29 PM

sorry to tell you this mate but it was me a wwwmw broke it at the scrap yard the guy said it had come in on a destroy only basis and he couldnt sell it on we thought it had been seized from some little chav esp the way it was painted. Unfortunatly we couldnt have the shell of engine that had to be destroyed. On the plus the plus (though not a good one) the car parts have been recycled onto onther novas most on here.

Sorry about your loss:(

wwmnw
14-10-10, 11:46 PM
Dayum, didn't realise it had been stolen either, had no signs of being stolen as the doors were/are in mint condition and no wires were hanging out of anywhere, apart from the seats being burnt and the fact we were told it was brought in by the police for destruction only, we thought it had been confiscated.

I'd imagine the shell was crushed a long time ago (along with the engine) and all usable parts were taken by us.

Edit: Wheels are in good use on a mates Corsa B, he got there before me and Gareth.