PDA

View Full Version : lisbon

robertdevlin69
02-10-09, 06:14 PM
what are the english peoples views on us (the IRISH)having to vote for a second time?

Edd
02-10-09, 06:35 PM
I hope you lot say no. E u already has waaaay too much power.

Seems to be some stupid rule/leglistation every other day now.

dave.gsi
02-10-09, 06:36 PM
F-ing disgrace to be honest..........they ask the people, they say No..............

is that good enough? no.....we'll keep asking them till they come up with the answer we want :roll:

to me that sums up why every irish person should vote NO.......

at least you get the chance to air your views, so much for england being a democracy......and thats after france (and holland i think?) voted NO........

politicians = complete cnut-heads :thumb:

draper
02-10-09, 06:39 PM
its got to ba a NO - i have a feeling it wont be tho, then this country will just roll over and let the eu kick us in the bollox

Mike
02-10-09, 06:57 PM
Meh do what ya like IMO.

robertdevlin69
02-10-09, 07:47 PM
i voted no in the first election because i didnt understand the treaty and thought it was best unchanged,i voted no again this time simply to give the government the two fingers for having the cheek to call for another poll

paddy138
02-10-09, 08:04 PM
i think that ireland needs the yes vote because it will help us get of recession quicker and speed the country up again, if voted no the eu will cripple us with high interest rates and pull jobs out of ireland, we did bargain for a few things since the last vote and we got them,

ireland wouldnt be half the country it is today without the eu like look at our roads and gaa grounds etc al part funded by the eu, stuff we couldnt do ourselves, thats why i voted yes

mowgli
02-10-09, 08:33 PM
yup, the rep of ireland has done well out of the EU.

put it this way.. if we had a european referendum in GB, all of the sewer pipes in britain would be diverted to the chunnel

Jack
02-10-09, 08:40 PM
The cynic in me thinks that Ireland has done well from the EU as a way for Brussels to say "look British people, see what we've done for your neighbour, see how well Ireland is doing with its spangly roads and business incentives... you could have that too if you told your politicians to get into Europe"

mowgli
02-10-09, 08:47 PM
there is a very simple reason the EU wants us.... the banking industry.....

paddy138
02-10-09, 09:18 PM
i agree with you there mowgli, more money for them, im takin it that yous havnt voted yet

dave.gsi
02-10-09, 09:52 PM
i agree with you there mowgli, more money for them, im takin it that yous havnt voted yet

erm.....is it me being a mong or are you asking if we (english ppl) have voted yet?

we dont get a vote......cos our 'soon to be 'ex' prime minister knows that people would vote no....therefore he didint give us the choice.......even though he promised us a referendum on it when labour last got elected for government :wtf:

and he wonders why nobody trusts labour?