PDA

View Full Version : going to have to get the electrician out !

jpga
02-10-09, 04:49 PM
still havent got the nova back on the road after putting it back together it keeps blowing a fuse for the interior light hazards and radio etc (didnt disconect the battery when we welded the splash gaurds up ) cant seem to find the root of the problem so guna have to call an auto electrcian out !

Jack
02-10-09, 04:57 PM
Standard radio and standard wiring?

jpga
02-10-09, 05:07 PM
Standard radio and standard wiring?

yes no ignition on everytime i go to stick a fuse in it just blows in straight away. and the indicators downt work at all not even on the stalks fuse number 16 mk1 gte

MK999
02-10-09, 05:12 PM
indicators won't work with ignition off anyway.

jpga
02-10-09, 05:15 PM
indicators won't work with ignition off anyway.

yeah i know but the indicators are a different fuse that ones for hazards

MK999
02-10-09, 05:20 PM
Pretty sure they're the same? As I blew it twice fiddling about the other day? Might be different for mk1 maybe

Jack
02-10-09, 05:23 PM
Let uncle RJ check his Haynes...

Power runs through the hazard switch, but there's two inputs - one switched live via Fuse 7 (10A), and one permanent live via Fuse 16 (20A).

jpga
02-10-09, 05:49 PM
Let uncle RJ check his Haynes...

Power runs through the hazard switch, but there's two inputs - one switched live via Fuse 7 (10A), and one permanent live via Fuse 16 (20A).
doesent make much sense to me im a builder ....... all i know is a took the wings side repeators and ariel out welded the splash gaurds didnt disconnect the battery but did the ecu and afm. when i put it back together everything worked i then took it out for a drive. soon as i did the fuse blew and i cant replace it becuase every time i try it blows it instantly.

thats the simple explanation thanks for helping guys.

Graeme
02-10-09, 05:57 PM
I bet the loom has got too hot in the passenger foot well, take of the kick plate cover there the loom runs down the car basically the left hand side of the passenger footwell

jpga
02-10-09, 06:01 PM
the kick plate is that the plastic cover on the side ? theres a big plug down there isnt there ?

Novasport
02-10-09, 07:59 PM
I bet you have melted insulation or broken & earthed out one of the wires for the side repeaters on the wings when you did the splash panels. I would check there first.

jpga
02-10-09, 08:27 PM
thanks for all the help guys found the interior light. wires its not them so hazards or clock or stereo need to check all wires thoughourly but there is a section on the cassis where the loom goes inside right behind the splash gaurd where you cant access or see just before it comes out in the foot well and we were welding right on the side of the chassis reforming the splash gaurd eek might be in there flippin novas arghhhhhhh!!!!