PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking...yes a dangerous thing...

carrie_girl_wonder
02-10-09, 04:27 PM
I quite fancy doing some more stuff to my car.Only simple things though.

I might lower it to 60mm,if I ever can sell my brand new 40mm springs, but I can't think of what else I could do.

I have a nice OPI or is it OPM strutbrace which has actually improved the car a fair bit.

But i'm stumpted for simple/not majoly expensive things to do.

Any suggestions? :)

vaughanmc
02-10-09, 04:29 PM
OMP ;)

Get the car looking as clean/smooth as possible

No badges, side rubbing strips etc

Does it have a spoiler ?

Cle
02-10-09, 04:29 PM
Omp !!!!!!

Jack
02-10-09, 04:37 PM
Do whatever you like. Look at cars on here, see what other people are doing and judge for yourself whether or not you're capable of doing the same.

We can't tell you what you are or aren't capable of doing, neither can we tell you what you'd like the look of.

carrie_girl_wonder
02-10-09, 04:52 PM
Already debadge when I brought the car. To be honest it's in pretty good condition, i'm just bored.

I really want to get the poo chrome gear knob off that the guy had put on before but it won't budge!!I've tried everything!

Hmm I could change the seat colour, but I have kep the car pretty standard though.

hmm hmm!!!

vaughanmc
02-10-09, 04:53 PM
Already debadge when I brought...

Bad start lol

carrie_girl_wonder
02-10-09, 04:53 PM
Yes, I know that. But I was just looking for ideas,then I could judge for myself if I liked them and if I could do them:roll:

quote=Razorjack]Do whatever you like. Look at cars on here, see what other people are doing and judge for yourself whether or not you're capable of doing the same.

We can't tell you what you are or aren't capable of doing, neither can we tell you what you'd like the look of.[/quote]

Spudly
02-10-09, 04:55 PM
Nope, what vaughan meant was the word is bought you didnt go to someones house and bring it, you went there and bought it!

Jack
02-10-09, 04:55 PM
I really want to get the poo chrome gear knob off that the guy had put on before but it won't budge!!I've tried everything!
http://www.avenhacksaw.com/images/hacksaw_eclipseprof.jpg

vaughanmc
02-10-09, 04:56 PM
Need some English lessons before they come on here lol It's quite annoying seeing that used and I don't usually get annoyed

Keep it fairly standard but use OE Nova parts to make it nicer. SR clocks, interior, steering wheel, rear headrests etc etc

carrie_girl_wonder
02-10-09, 04:56 PM
Ah stop being pedantic!:d I'm at work so it's hard to spend time spell checking when I have a call sudden come in!AND you're one to talk!!

bmw156
02-10-09, 04:58 PM
get some heat on the gear knob, or just give it a stupidly good tug lol.

and fit an rear anti roll bar, improves the handling alot imo. and is a 30 min job.

not sure if its a mk1 or a mk2, but dash swap. from a mk1 to a mk2.

gte or SR or GSI interior?

strip it for a track car.

carrie_girl_wonder
02-10-09, 05:01 PM
haha I wish I could but it is my everyday car as well. It's a MK2 merit plus :d

It was so much when I took the rear seats out, but as I live at home my Dad got cross that I was filling up the shed,despite him not having anything to put in it,so I had to put them back in:(

Spudly
02-10-09, 05:02 PM
Im not being pedantic, i/we point this out to everyone who uses that word incorrectly, see NBC's sig for proof of this, its shocking the amount of people who do not comprehend the difference in the two words and their meanings, if you mean im one to talk, if someone corrects me or points out a spelling error then i endeavour to change it or remember for next time, i dont tell people to not be pedantic thankyou!

vaughanmc
02-10-09, 05:03 PM
Aye, get some GSi interior in it or something...Then some SRi clocks :)

carrie_girl_wonder
02-10-09, 05:03 PM
this is such a dense and girlie question, but when I tried to give it a good tug,I got scared it would break the other gear stuff :p

Jack
02-10-09, 05:06 PM
Seriously, get a hacksaw on it. I couldn't get mine off on my old hatchback so lopped it off. Budget quickshift = win lol

carrie_girl_wonder
02-10-09, 05:06 PM
Yes, I am fully aware of the difference but people make mistakes,like I said I haven't had time to spell.grammar check:confused:

carrie_girl_wonder
02-10-09, 05:07 PM
haha awesome, will do!:thumb:

Lynsey
02-10-09, 05:11 PM
Yeah, short gearstick FTW! Just be aware that if you have to have the seat pulled forward quite a way, you'll have trouble getting it in 5th!

carrie_girl_wonder
02-10-09, 05:13 PM
True!I have enough trouble as it is!

Yeah, short gearstick FTW! Just be aware that if you have to have the seat pulled forward quite a way, you'll have trouble getting it in 5th!

bmw156
02-10-09, 05:20 PM

pfffffffttttt to 5th gear

4 speed box FTMFW

and instead of putting the seats in the shed, chuck them

and mk1 the front end, you will love it.
and mine is a daily driver and i have done alot to mine :)

yayoboy
02-10-09, 05:21 PM
if you dont want to cut it, try and get a pair of stilsons off someone, the use them to grip the gearknob and twist/pull it off

http://www.ambikaoverseas.com/images/page43b.jpg

MK999
02-10-09, 05:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/MK999/Nova/DSC00145.jpg

Daily lol Mats have gone now as well, halfords crap getting stuck under the clutch ftl.

mayhem
02-10-09, 05:31 PM
pfffffffttttt to 5th gear

4 speed box FTMFW

and instead of putting the seats in the shed, chuck them

and mk1 the front end, you will love it.
and mine is a daily driver and i have done alot to mine :)
4 speed FTMFL

at 130 km/h (about 70 mp/h i guess?) my astra mk1 is doing 5750 rpm:tard: not fun when having to drive 190 miles on the motorway.

MK999
02-10-09, 05:32 PM
80kmh=50mph, so 115ish is 70

bmw156
02-10-09, 05:34 PM
its all good fun tho, and mk999 did i sit in your car at trax to try out the bucket seat, with burgo and his mate??

MK999
02-10-09, 06:07 PM
Probably, they got whored out quite a bit, also my drivers now squeaks, fat feckers :( lol

brainsnova
02-10-09, 06:34 PM
does the bottom off the geaknob unscrew revealing some grub screws.

AlexW
02-10-09, 06:35 PM
Sell it and buy somthing decent? Changing wheels is easy, GSI steering wheel, maybe some minor things like clear indicator lenses (Side repeaters And front indicators if yours dont have them)

bmw156
02-10-09, 06:36 PM
Probably, they got whored out quite a bit, also my drivers now squeaks, fat feckers :( lol
lol

nice to meet you tho

NASTYNOVA
02-10-09, 06:45 PM
got a spare set of clear back lites ye can have for postage if you like them, have a small crack in them though :tard:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/20156975/ABCD0005-1.jpg
only pic i got, sorry

burgo
02-10-09, 09:13 PM
all depends how much you got to spend carrie as theres funk loads you could do

MK999
02-10-09, 09:14 PM
^^^ i.e you could lob another hatch on the back and make it an estate! lol

let_nova
02-10-09, 09:19 PM
sell it and buy a ford

General Baxter
02-10-09, 09:25 PM
sell it and buy a ford

i drove past a layby today and said **** me theres burgo, but then i seen the orange indicators and ford badges lol

burgo
02-10-09, 09:26 PM
baxter!!!! suck my balls

General Baxter
02-10-09, 09:31 PM
lol

Spudly
02-10-09, 09:34 PM
Baxter you nasty little man have some -neg rep lol :p

General Baxter
02-10-09, 09:36 PM
oh come on, there was a monkey in the seat and it was matt black lol

mowgli
02-10-09, 09:43 PM
Im not being pedantic, i/we point this out to everyone who uses that word incorrectly, see NBC's sig for proof of this, its shocking the amount of people who do not comprehend the difference in the two words and their meanings, if you mean im one to talk, if someone corrects me or points out a spelling error then i endeavour to change it or remember for next time, i dont tell people to not be pedantic thankyou!

I remember one night having a decent row in mechanical with some kid who would only text type, and I was trying to get more info out of him...... he seemed to think that typing properly was some form of medical condition... the advice I gave him was short & simple....

crap in tank.. I always wonder what happened

burgo
02-10-09, 09:47 PM
oh come on, there was a monkey in the seat and it was matt black lolyou know whilst your sucking my balls, yes im gonna be chopping yours off

Spudly
02-10-09, 09:51 PM
I remember one night having a decent row in mechanical with some kid who would only text type, and I was trying to get more info out of him...... he seemed to think that typing properly was some form of medical condition... the advice I gave him was short & simple....

crap in tank.. I always wonder what happened

Exactly, if you cannot understand what theyre writing you have no chance of being genuinely helpful....

He probably went out for a dump in his tank hahalol

mowgli
02-10-09, 09:57 PM
/\ i truly hope so

Balley
02-10-09, 09:58 PM
Seriously, get a hacksaw on it. I couldn't get mine off on my old hatchback so lopped it off. Budget quickshift = win lol

if its a chrome one there might be a little 3mm alen headed grub screw in the back of the knob,...

Hobbit
02-10-09, 10:27 PM
Baxter you nasty little man have some -neg rep lol :p

minus neg rep? sounds alot like plus rep to me :d

mowgli
02-10-09, 10:30 PM
minus neg rep? sounds alot like plus rep to me :d

you'll be buttering a cats back next to see if you can get it to hover

Hobbit
02-10-09, 10:33 PM
you'll be buttering a cats back next to see if you can get it to hover

lol What?

mowgli
02-10-09, 10:39 PM
cats always land on their feet, right..
bread always lands butter side down..

Thus if a cat has its back buttered, it breaks the gravitational pull and will hover......

Hobbit
02-10-09, 10:42 PM
Cats asleep on the sofa, seems a bit harsh to cover him in marge and throw him ot the window but as its for science...

mowgli
02-10-09, 10:54 PM
sounds fair enough to me

carrie_girl_wonder
03-10-09, 01:31 PM
Yes there is a key for it and I have taken all the screws out but it still won't come off!:mad: My mum suggested making a little 'hat' for it haha

I wasn't text typing ...

I can't believe someone said to buy a ford:wtf:

I quite fancied the blue SR seats etc. I might have a look for some when I get the chance. :)

Iain
03-10-09, 01:43 PM
cats always land on their feet, right..
bread always lands butter side down..

Thus if a cat has its back buttered, it breaks the gravitational pull and will hover......

http://iainel.co.uk/images/forums/antigravity_cat.gif
(http://www.lolcat.net/d/2185-2/anti-gravity_cat.gif)

carrie_girl_wonder
03-10-09, 01:50 PM
Haha!

djshaggeh
03-10-09, 02:26 PM
Get a pair of grips under the knob and smash the grips upwards with a hammer thats how I did mine. Mind you if its metal, becareful of your windscreen and face.