PDA

View Full Version : nova fuel lines...

gez c16b
01-10-09, 10:45 PM
can you get the lines around the pump area? can you still get them new?
rubber and metal pipes.

new from vaux?

gez :)

gez c16b
01-10-09, 11:42 PM
anyone? :)

pikey1986
02-10-09, 09:06 AM
i used micro-bore from a local diy shop for 2.50 a meter and off cuts of my old rubber pipes

ade
02-10-09, 09:08 AM
you can still get fuel lines from Vauxhall - theres 2 diameters iirc 6mm and 8mm but dont know which you'll need for the pump area...

They usually sell it by the metre

Ade

gez c16b
02-10-09, 11:48 AM
the rubber pipe is 5-7 internal diameter, i phoned vauxhall this morning,
what about after that rubber pipe there is a metal one. how far does that go? thats the one i need.

craig green
02-10-09, 11:54 AM
Assuming we are talking GTE/GSi here. Best bet is t o buy 8mm ID copper pipe for the hard pipes & use a motor factors for the rubber injection hose. The Hose from the tank to pump is a rather large bore & isnt always easy to find. It is NLS from a main stealership.

gez c16b
02-10-09, 12:25 PM
Assuming we are talking GTE/GSi here. Best bet is t o buy 8mm ID copper pipe for the hard pipes & use a motor factors for the rubber injection hose. The Hose from the tank to pump is a rather large bore & isnt always easy to find. It is NLS from a main stealership.

craig green
02-10-09, 01:24 PM
/\ You quoted me but added nothing..........

burgo
02-10-09, 01:31 PM

phazer
02-10-09, 09:26 PM
The SRi has exactly the same setup as the GSi so Craigs comments stand - just use the 6mm ID copper.

I don't run solid lines on mine as the metal dropped to bits and the dealer would only sell a 50m roll way back when. You can use the rubber hose from pump to rail. Where you need to join you can use small sections of copper pipe and jubilee clips.

gez c16b
02-10-09, 11:04 PM
cheers for the help. could i run a braided line all the way?