PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Carlton

Nova Modder
10-03-03, 12:46 PM
Theres a silver one at the west bromwich vauxhall dealership if any of u want to ave a go

only ?20,000

damn these things are beasts!

jatinder
10-03-03, 01:25 PM
i thought they only came in that green colour there all left handkdrive arnt they

Nova Modder
10-03-03, 02:04 PM
not this one... seems to be a fully uk spec car..

**drool** 377bhp, god if only i could afford it!

TeddySRi
10-03-03, 04:16 PM
Lotus Calton in the uk.
Lotus Omega in Europe.

They only did come in green

377bhp. 3.6 6 clinder running twin garrett turbos runing 0.7 bar each.
Mahle low cop pistons as standard.

Check this for full info.

http://www.lotus-carlton.co.uk/

wisewood
10-03-03, 04:18 PM
thats a wonderfully designed site :lol:

Nova Modder
10-03-03, 04:59 PM
musthave had a respray then...

looks nice tho :)

Ben (lurk75)
10-03-03, 05:03 PM
Not worth a wank if it isnt in the Lotus Green.

Aamazing Machine mind.

I have only ever seen 6. I met a guy who stole one from Vaux main dealer when it was brand new, they had to steal 3 cars to get to it. He kept it for 7 months and parked it in a garage behind his house, the police could never catch him. They suffer from the same poor security as every vaux, he had it stole of him in the end.

I was laughing when he was telling me about it, he wouldnt let people eat in it and washed it every week.

courtenaynova
10-03-03, 07:19 PM
The Police experimentd with them for a while..but PPL were STILL steeling them even though they were Police cars. It outran a Police chopper on the motorway as well after a robbery. They only came in that yummy dark green colour...as far as I know.

Check for crash damage as well....make sure all panels have the correct..and same gaps all round the car. Came with leathers...sat nav as well. Came in Carlton (RHD) and Omega (LHD) versions. Dirrrrrrrty fat tyres...check for less rubber on rear wheels....U know its been thrashed then.

?20K's! Thats a lot for this type of car.......They are coming down to about ?15K's now. Its gotta be a low milage minter for that. I would expect new turbo's as well for that price.

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 07:37 PM
question is

:?: y is it silver not green :?

whitey
10-03-03, 08:27 PM
Its not actually that much of a looker! Would be funny therefore to piss off a couple of BMW drivers and Elise drivers ETC!

Ben (lurk75)
10-03-03, 09:25 PM
I saw a silver lookie likee once and just thought why the fcuk would you build a silver lotus carlton lookalike?

lol some wankers about, you have one of the rarest cars in exsistence and you change the colour to make it different, twat!

TeddySRi
11-03-03, 09:40 AM
If it could hit the rev limiter in 6th gear it would be doing close on 260mph!

jatinder
11-03-03, 11:13 AM
I heard as well if u chip it u get like 460bhp that what i heard neway

Nova Modder
11-03-03, 11:15 AM
can be chipped up to 550bhp... but youll be poppin head gasgets like its xmas!! lol

TeddySRi
11-03-03, 12:45 PM
The engine is at its limit anyway, you can chip them and stick an exhaust on filter(s) on to be the right side of 500bhp but it wouldnt take it for long.

Ben (lurk75)
11-03-03, 06:01 PM
also Vaux dont stock the head bolts anymore as they ran out and now sell the Cralton GSi ones but there not strong enough for the tourqe that is required.

jkhilton
11-03-03, 06:06 PM
I have only ever seen 6. I met a guy who stole one from Vaux main dealer when it was brand new, they had to steal 3 cars to get to it. He kept it for 7 months and parked it in a garage behind his house, the police could never catch him.

I take it you gave the guy a good hard slap around the head and then cut off his hands for nicking a car?!??!?!?

Ben (lurk75)
11-03-03, 06:17 PM
No was no need, when he nicked the car it was brand new so about 93, he was only 17.
Has been inside for a few years since and completely changed his ways. He lives in one of the roughest areas of Bristol and now has no connections with the criminal world. He was on Police Camera Action 3 times, he now works as a youth worker teaching kids how wrong it is and dosent even consider himself the same person as back then. He is a really nice bloke.

frillip
11-03-03, 06:23 PM
i want one i want one

if only i had the money *dreams*

RobHardyUK
11-03-03, 07:25 PM
I have only ever seen 6. I met a guy who stole one from Vaux main dealer when it was brand new, they had to steal 3 cars to get to it. He kept it for 7 months and parked it in a garage behind his house, the police could never catch him.

Do you count every car you see then? I mean i have seen a few M5s in my time, but i really cant recall how many, hmmmm :-/

TeddySRi
12-03-03, 10:00 AM
Above.

True but you cant really compare an M5 to a Lotus Carlton.

wisewood
12-03-03, 10:09 AM
Its like seeing a classic ferrari... you dont see them once a week - you see them maybe once a year.

You see it you remember.

Question is, how the hell do you remember the number plate is different to all of the other 5 when you see number 6???

Wiggie
12-03-03, 11:27 AM
he now works as a youth worker teaching kids how wrong it is and dosent even consider himself the same person as back then. He is a really nice bloke.

hehehe he probably came to my skool at one point (St.George) me brothers got a carlton gsi 3000....thats a beast in it self, always admired the lutus, does any one know how many wer made?

Nova Modder
12-03-03, 12:51 PM
wasnt it like 200+ sumfin like 287 uk made... dunno how many else where

novarally9999
12-03-03, 02:02 PM
Its definately not genuine if its silver. I am an ex Vauxhall employee and they only ever came in lotus green.

They did make a DTM thundersaloon carlton for german motorsport which looked like a lotus carlton but wasn't.

Lots with dodgy bodykits too and 3.0 24v engines

TeddySRi
12-03-03, 02:13 PM
440 were made in total.

jatinder
12-03-03, 02:29 PM
ive only ever seen one it sat quite high ( iwas taking the piss out it untill my uncle explained wot it actually was i thought somebody had stuck lotus badges on a carltonkdidnt really understand wot it was, i soon shut up!) it just shot off from the lights it sounded awesome.

Ben (lurk75)
12-03-03, 09:50 PM
lol can go further and say some of the plates ive seen on them, one was B16 LTS, another was A1 FAF.

I always notice number plates.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TeddySRi
13-03-03, 01:25 PM
a guy in a village on the outskirts of kettering northants has one. he took me for a spin, it had a chip and was running a "reported" 420bhp.

It did feel like it, although he wouldnt let me drive it.

Hes was number 0189

Benjoyce
13-03-03, 03:05 PM
there were 980 made, meant to be 1150 i think, 270 came to these shores if i remember rightly, rare to find a decent one for less than 11k.