PDA

View Full Version : 2 asians

let_nova
01-10-09, 09:17 PM
are coming to buy a toyota hilux off me. There coming all the way from london to buy it. now.....do i trust them or take precautions like have a pal there and my big bat?:confused: or do i not be racially discriminitive and trust them?? he says he is taking it to south africa......

vxr_racing_2008
01-10-09, 09:19 PM
:roll: tough decision but surely if you have a couple of mates with you while your doing the deal you will be fine?lol ..... but still:wtf: :d

mowgli
there are lots of african asians. a mate has family in kenya & they are always sending stuff over there....

usual precautions really only accept cash or a cleared payment. never let it out of your sight, don't offer them a beef sandwich etc.....

Bobminda
I had a similar thing....They gave me £8000 worth of dodgy notes

DONT TRUST THEM

t45_ste
01-10-09, 09:20 PM
:wtf: I had a nigerian guy travel all the way from London to buy an old ford cargo wagon, the mad T W A T drove it all the way home lol Said he was taking it nigeria :confused:

Some people really are that mad

draper
01-10-09, 09:20 PM
have mates round, dont let them have an easy escape route if they try to drive off (heard of it done before)

t45_ste
01-10-09, 09:21 PM
I had a similar thing....They gave me £8000 worth of dodgy notes

DONT TRUST THEM

Did you not check them in front of them?

bmw156
01-10-09, 09:22 PM
lol just dont let them test drive it with out the money in your hand oir soemthing.

be sensible.

when ever i deal with vehicles, my dad is always there. not that i ask him to be, he just is lol.

brainsnova
01-10-09, 09:23 PM
invite 15 of your mates round

Bobminda
01-10-09, 09:24 PM
Did you not check them in front of them?

yep they were in my lounge when i spotted it !!!

Very awkward situation

Markyc
01-10-09, 09:27 PM
Someone up my road was selling a go kart. The bloke had come round and looked at it several times and the final time he asked to take it for a little test run. My neighbour said yes and well that was the last he saw of that!! He drove it down the road and there was a van parked up with his mate in it. In the back it went see you later!! felt for the bloke as he was only selling it because he bird was preganat!! :(

let_nova
01-10-09, 09:28 PM
well it will be up at my work so when there in my boss is going to close the gate when there down the bottom of the yard. they say there driving it to london. and its a 2.2 petrol. lmao and there paying WELL over the odds.....

Bobminda
01-10-09, 09:29 PM
well it will be up at my work so when there in my boss is going to close the gate when there down the bottom of the yard. they say there driving it to london. and its a 2.2 petrol. lmao and there paying WELL over the odds.....

Just be carefull there are some dodgy people out there :thumb:

Jack
01-10-09, 10:26 PM
he says he is taking it to south africa......
Tell me. Do you know what a "technical" is?

let_nova
01-10-09, 10:28 PM
no.....

Jack
01-10-09, 10:30 PM
http://www.innercitypress.com/somali7.jpg

General Baxter
01-10-09, 10:30 PM
do you know any police men,
or go down to the station,

and ask to have some police present in the car across the road :)

let_nova
01-10-09, 10:31 PM
lol... im 20 miles either way from a town/village

draper
01-10-09, 10:33 PM
im sure they'll be fine - your just panicking because your ripping them off lol

Steve
01-10-09, 10:35 PM
I wouldnt trust anyone regardless of race/colour. It happens far too often that people get mugged off during a deal. I'd have a couple of mates there unless you're a huge bugger lol

Saloony
01-10-09, 10:37 PM
Play clever with it. Have had the same thing before with a 325i convertible, 2 asians meant to turn up, instead a ****ing MPV full. They all wanted a run in it. So told them, buyer and so called 'mechanic' only to look, others get back in the car. Would play safe with some extra locals just hanging in the the back ground. If theres 2 of them, you need 2 of you fella. Needs to be applied with all race unfortunately.

let_nova
01-10-09, 10:37 PM
im sure they'll be fine - your just panicking because your ripping them off lol
lol :thumb: not so much ripping them off.... just if he doesnt pay the full price i wont take them back to the train. and its 20 miles awaylol

let_nova
01-10-09, 10:38 PM
Play clever with it. Have had the same thing before with a 325i convertible, 2 asians meant to turn up, instead a ****ing MPV full. They all wanted a run in it. So told them, buyer and so called 'mechanic' only to look, others get back in the car. Would play safe with some extra locals just hanging the the back ground. If theres 2 of them, you need 2 of you fella

the manitou forklift will be parked on the road out after there in so they cannot drive off.

weres big wullie when you need him lol (aimed at daftjohn):thumb:

L14MNP
01-10-09, 11:05 PM
Good idea with the FLT! I'd definitely have big mates and a bat handy too!

Reminds me of when my mate sold his VTS on PH. He arranged to meet the lad (and his 3 mates) in an empty retail park at 12:00am on a weeknight :/
Rang me to ask if I would come for some support etc. Glad I did, as they were all off their faces and I'm sure would have had it away given the chance! lol

draper
01-10-09, 11:10 PM
^^ good job i didnt go, id of joined them lol

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
01-10-09, 11:18 PM
just watch for them trying to ***k off with the car and watch for dodgy notes espeshly £20 as there increasingley seeing more FAKE and there very much simular so they may put a few good £20's at the top and put fake ones in the middle or at bottom yano so that they think you wont check them all Lol

wwmnw
01-10-09, 11:37 PM
I wouldnt trust anyone regardless of race/colour. It happens far too often that people get mugged off during a deal. I'd have a couple of mates there unless you're a huge bugger lol

Best post in this thread full of racist *******s.

djshaggeh
01-10-09, 11:55 PM
I would treat the 2 asians that were coming to look at your car the same as I would if they were black or white tbh.

I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.

brainsnova
01-10-09, 11:55 PM
who doesnt like flying?

large_steve182
01-10-09, 11:57 PM
wow i never knew about the tolerance of racial jokes on here.

but yeah get a big friend with his car incase of the drive away. dont let them in your house, make sure you or your mate always has an eye on them.

but ive always wondered how you check money. i dont like to be disrespectful and hold the money up to a light in front of people. but surely you cant check every note and how do you completely know its not fake. i know the black strip and hologram these days? but surely they can be faked.

jackbd
02-10-09, 12:28 AM
warehouse, black suits, ak replica waterpistols, and loads of cotton wool stuffed in your mouth...:wtf: :wtf: ...:d

agreed, with above and previous post

hate everyone equally, its soo much easier!!

rednova
02-10-09, 12:42 AM
only have enough fuel in the hilux to get 5 miles but keep a jerry can in a mates car if youre that worried, if they do decide to pull something they wont get that far (especially booting it) if they are legit, well just offer to throw in the extra £5 worth of petrol as a gesture (they still wont make it though haha lol) or get a bigger jerry can

as already said have a few mates there but not in obvious threatening poses though id feel funny if i were a buyer and a group of burly blokes were there when i had a big wad of cash etc play it sensible and DO NOT hand the keys over till you have the money!!!!

MK999
02-10-09, 01:29 AM
i know the black strip and hologram these days? but surely they can be faked.

If they're good enough for that they're good enough to give a shop lol

muzzy
02-10-09, 01:38 AM
I dont trust anyone when it comes to selling stuff, just treat it the same as you would with any other person. Check all the notes best you can, dont let them have the keys and get someone to keep an eye on them when your checking the cash.

Novasport
02-10-09, 01:40 AM
Get one of them note pens, they are a highlighter that mark the note if they are fake or its clear if they are real.

L33 LEG
02-10-09, 01:47 AM
As already said, try have a mate with you or at least someone watching from across the road and do not give them the keys before they pay.

reminds me of what happened when i was selling the E30. i was on my own and 4 asian guys turned up wanting to buy it. they asked to test drive it and i said to the buyer that i will drive the car with him in it. he said he wanted to feel how the car drove and then said he wanted me to stay and take his mate with him. needless to say i told him i want paying first or they can just fcuk off now. they then left lol

muzzy
02-10-09, 01:50 AM
Sadly you cant trust anyone nowadays when it comes to money no matter how big the sum is, there's too many people that will bump you any chance they get.

Jack
02-10-09, 07:57 AM
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.
LMFAO

I wouldn't let ANYONE test drive a car I was selling, they can sit in the passenger seat and I'll give it a quick spin for them. 90% of the time you can probably guarantee they don't have insurance cover anyway, so thats always a good excuse (and even if they did, they're unlikely to have brought the documentation with them to prove it).

Dod
02-10-09, 08:11 AM
Toyota Hiluxs are worth a mint for export to foreign countries, the African imigrants that live in our town offer large Cash Sums for them, Hiaces and similar and simply ship them off to Ghana and Nigeria etc so it may be a similar case here.

With regards to payment, ask for cash and make sure its legit by using a Note Pen as previously said before. If you're worried about being mugged or robbed then you need to have some form of back up, be it a mate or two or a large Baseball bat. (Sledge Hammer is my tool of choice in this instance) or simply meet the potential buyers at or next to your Local Cop shop.

I agree with Jack on the Test Drive thing and dont even offer to take them for a test runn without seeing the money, its a decent guage of their intentions.

Finially, if there are more than 2 ask who wants to buy the car and who is examining the car and for everyone else to leave you to it, you dont need to give a reason for this and if they ask for a reason, jump into the Lux and drive off. THis demonstrates that you take no sh.it and should lay down the law to a certain degree.

Vauxhall-Scotland
02-10-09, 01:34 PM
Sadly you cant trust anyone nowadays when it comes to money no matter how big the sum is, there's too many people that will bump you any chance they get.

Speaking from experiance? :wtf:

muzzy
02-10-09, 04:16 PM
Speaking from experiance? :wtf:

Very much so lol

dannyb
02-10-09, 05:52 PM
Can you not do a bank transfer type thing to safeguard yourself?

Mike
02-10-09, 06:53 PM
Shake there hands an then nut them. Who ever retaleates is obviously the fraudster. Simple really.

Ive got a welsh polish chap (yea the ironic odds ehh lol) coming to pick a car up off me tomorrow. Ill get him pished on Vodka & mug him lol lol

Markyc
02-10-09, 07:39 PM
how did the deal go? did the lux get sold?? or are they coming tonight??

let_nova
02-10-09, 07:58 PM
tommorow morning...............

Paul
02-10-09, 08:51 PM
This thread is f ucking disgusting, im no longer using this site, first we had Mike being racist the other day, now a thread full of it. You live in the 21st century you bunch of f ucking neanderthal c unts. You cant just not trsut someone cause of their skin colour. What f ucking difference is it to hair colour? There are many hard working innocent people from an 'ethnic background' in this country, you bunch of pricks.

Paul
02-10-09, 08:56 PM
Forum Rule # 1-

1. Post libellous, insulting, antagonistic, racist, aggressive or otherwise abusive remarks about any individual or company either within forum posts or the PM system. Any views expressed on this forum are the opinions of individuals and not of the club/forum as a whole.

let_nova
02-10-09, 08:58 PM
i wasnt being racist pal.

Paul
02-10-09, 09:00 PM
What difference does it make if they're asiain or not then? Why did you have to post that up, how is this complete thread not racist?

mowgli
02-10-09, 09:02 PM
I have been keeping an eye on this thread too.... there are a lot of people from my part of the world who simply won't deal with Asians, or eastern europeans.... the hard fact is this... people have been conned. Now, the vast vast majority of asians & eastern europeans are hard working, honest decent people... but there is a minority that are not, just the same as a minority of 'Brits' that are dodgy.

we advertised a pickup earlier in the year, and had all manner of foreign sounding people ringing up, and they wanted to do western union transfers, bring bank drafts, or pay by cheque & collect straight away.
we told every single one of them that whoever turned up with the cash or bacs first got the truck... not one of them did, & we sold it to a brit.

let_nova
02-10-09, 09:03 PM
because the 2 people coming to view/buy the car are asian? i wasnt going to title it "2 irish fellas" when it isnt, am i? all i wanted was a bit of advice ffs,

Mike
02-10-09, 09:12 PM
This thread is f ucking disgusting, im no longer using this site, first we had Mike being racist the other day, .

I wasnt being racist either, to me joe daki means - from Pakistan, of which he is, hes also a good friend of mine :)

If i meant it as racism it would have said a lot different.

Paul
02-10-09, 09:15 PM
Why did you need to tell us they were asian, it obviously bothers you! Infact why did you even feel the slightest need to mention their race/background? Infact I'm willing to bet if they were british you wouldnt have even started a thread!

You must have done for one of two reasons:

a)But because your a sterotypical neanderthal prat who thinks; "all pakis are dodgy"

or

b)Youre concerned theyre coming all the way up from London to buy a car. Look you still have no need to mention there race/background!

So yeh, either way your a neanderthal prat.

Its a shame their isnt any asians on here, who speak out for themselves!

Paul
02-10-09, 09:17 PM
I wasnt being racist either, to me joe daki means - from Pakistan, of which he is, hes also a good friend of mine :)

If i meant it as racism it would have said a lot different.

You posted 'Paki Shop', corner shop or newsagent not suffice?:confused:

let_nova
02-10-09, 09:18 PM
you seem to be very protective over this? and yes i would of started a thread if it was 2 brittish guys. i wast concerned at first as only one was coming then i was told the other was coming. do you want to come? you can be the english guy. oh sorry was that racist? ****

Mike
02-10-09, 09:20 PM
"all pakis are dodgy"

Racism right there :wtf: wether used as example or not, its still racism no? Labelling a particular race in such way or means offends me the same as it obviously offends you.

Only the same as people calling me a cockney or calling others southern ponsey faires wether in jest or other means.

Oh noes, im now in form racist against peoples from London & down saff.

I can see your point interely though, but meh, such is life.

Mike
02-10-09, 09:21 PM
You posted 'Paki Shop', corner shop or newsagent not suffice?:confused:

Well no as its not actually a corner shop nor newsagent. Its a guy from Pakistan who owns a shop. My mate Bob. (Yes that is his name).

Novasport
02-10-09, 09:22 PM
"all pakis are dodgy"

I find it offensive you using those words, I don't think that has been mentioned anywhere in this thread.
He has use the term asians, this is not offensive and is used to describe someones race/background the same as African, American, Middle Eastern, West Indian, etc. Would you have preferred him to have put 'an ethnic minority'!
God, we are so politically coreect nowadays it makes me sick! Oh sorry, should I have said 'God', that may offend some Christians:roll:

let_nova
02-10-09, 09:23 PM
the asian guy that is coming to get the hilux is called TIM.

Paul
02-10-09, 09:23 PM
Idiots, the lot of you

let_nova
02-10-09, 09:24 PM
thanks pal.

Mike
02-10-09, 09:24 PM
Idiots, the lot of you

I disagree, im not arguing or disagreeing, just merely qeustioning what your preaching like.

Label me what you like TBH my life will still go on none the less.

Novasport
02-10-09, 09:25 PM
Idiots, the lot of you

I assume thats a 'Oh sh!t, I better go now cos I've made a fool of myself'
You can get down off yer soap box now dudelol

muzzy
02-10-09, 09:25 PM
I replied to this thread and by the way you have labled the WHOLE thread as racist is stupid. I said everyone is as bad for conning other people, so am i racist towards everyone? Can you actually say anything about anyone in this day and age without offending someone.

Jack
02-10-09, 09:28 PM
Paul, I read Let's first post as non-racial - as has been discussed on here before, its simply a way to identify them. I'd have said the same. His inference is that its more the fact a couple of guys are coming along way to view a car, should he take precautions?

Although the line
or do i not be racially discriminitive and trust them?? he says he is taking it to south africa......
does sound dodgy, I don't think that was the intention.

I take the stance that if people are described as, say "a couple of asians", thats just that - merely a way to describe them. In the same way as you'd say "the woman over there", thats not being sexist. We are well aware of what constitutes a racial slur, and if things had start to get nasty then rest assured action would have been taken. A handful of posts have already been pruned from this thread.

And on that note, this thread is finished before it gets too far out of hand.