PDA

View Full Version : my headlights stopping on

valvercorsa
01-10-09, 07:35 PM
hi after abit of you nova wisdom :d
before i removed my C20xe out of my nova i had trouble with my rear lights when lights where on and i braked all rear lights (fog, indicator etc) would light up i think i sourced that down to a dodgy earth but now i have fitted my new engine and ready for new mot, i have my headlights stopping on even with light switch unplugged and ignition off any idea's??????

only way i get them to turn off is to unplug them or remove earth off battery :wtf:

mowgli
04-10-09, 06:06 PM
maybe the poxy dim dip relay?? if its a mk1, look on the back of the under dash shelf near the bonnet pull, and unplug it. it is not necessary.

w88rdy
04-10-09, 06:15 PM
Cant help much but im in lofthouse if you need to borrow anything off mine lol

custardcreams58
04-10-09, 09:43 PM
try a earth buy the passengers front headlight i had a similar experiance today with all lights stuck on sorced it to that earth not sure if urs is the same problem tho:S

valvercorsa
10-10-09, 07:20 PM
maybe the poxy dim dip relay?? if its a mk1, look on the back of the under dash shelf near the bonnet pull, and unplug it. it is not necessary.

you was spot on the money there mate :thumb: always wondered what that was for lol all sorted now thanks fella's

valvercorsa
10-10-09, 07:22 PM
Cant help much but im in lofthouse if you need to borrow anything off mine lol

cheers mate lol got 3 looms in shed so borrowed 1 of them :d thanks anyway:thumb: