PDA

View Full Version : Turbo

Angus Closier
01-10-09, 07:14 PM
Hi need a big ish turbo...or a set of 2 identical smaller turbos. Not a vaux project! any turbos will do but need to be cheap!? so anything is wanted or even if anyone has some they dont need??? anything cheap please.

Mike
01-10-09, 07:26 PM
Deisel low blowers or one from a petrol?

Angus Closier
02-10-09, 06:13 PM
Petrol! :) anyone???? needs to be cheap.....just for a fun project

MK999
02-10-09, 06:19 PM
drop into a scrappy and rob one off of whatever you fancy?

*rob as in remove and pay for obviously, but rob the engine of it's turbo lol

Angus Closier
02-10-09, 06:39 PM
drop into a scrappy and rob one off of whatever you fancy?

*rob as in remove and pay for obviously, but rob the engine of it's turbo lol

haha yeah might have to. I'm just doing a single turbo v8 was going to do twin but thought I might just do one large, what turbos do you recomend?

MK999
02-10-09, 06:44 PM
2 smaller turbos is far better than 1 large imo. V8 doesn't sound like a quick little project though?

Angus Closier
02-10-09, 09:19 PM
Its a 3.5 rover v8 on twin su carbs.To be honest I dont see it as a big thing its only going to be running low boost and I thought it would be easier to run one than trying to make or buy two manifolds when I could just put a flange on where the two manifolds meet?

Count Vaux Alot
02-10-09, 09:44 PM
Reman turbos start at £295 at our place buddy see my link in my sig

Andy
02-10-09, 09:48 PM
I always tend to think on v6/v8's need twin turbos as wouldnt one half of the engine be put under more strain/have more power than t'other?

Angus Closier
02-10-09, 10:16 PM
Yeah but what I want to do is run it off both manifolds, a sort of remote turbo if you understand? Where the two manifolds meet? thus only using one turbo but keeping the pressure on both banks the same? and a plenum on the two su carbs.

Count Vaux Alot
03-10-09, 09:19 AM
I always tend to think on v6/v8's need twin turbos as wouldnt one half of the engine be put under more strain/have more power than t'other?

Saab use a single turbo on one of their V6's iirc its a complicated set up - one bank is the same as an N/A engine (the one with out the turbo) and the other is set for the turbo comp ratios etc. I don't think single turboing of that nature would be feasible for even the advanced technician.

One single turbo fed by both banks running low boost would be best imo.

Angus Closier
03-10-09, 09:54 AM
One single turbo fed by both banks running low boost would be best imo.

Yes this is what I have been trying to say....just need to find a turbo that will do the job.

Count Vaux Alot
03-10-09, 09:59 AM
I know i was just confirming your thoughts - its hard to recommend you one as you are looking for one from something else and there are that many turbos that 'could' do the job its really what ever you want that meets your needs. What power do you want to make, what room do you have etc etc?

Angus Closier
03-10-09, 10:03 AM
Well Im not looking for massive power but iv got a 3.5l v8 so its going to move a bit of air, space is no problem whatsoever as its just a rolling chassis with engine and gearbox on atm and the buggy will be built around whatever it needs to. Im not looking for massive power just small boost, but enough to make it worth while doing.

Angus Closier
07-10-09, 11:43 PM
anyone?????

Jon_nova1
08-10-09, 12:37 AM
maybe something off an rx7? (which is twin turbo) skyline?